• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlemyuu

I know I'm not the only one but I'd would love a dolphin Pokemon, a clouded leopard would be cute too! a cat with a really long tail.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
A toucan pokemon would be really cool! I would love the toucan to be the regional bird, mix it up a little. Three stages would be perfect, rainbow related attacks too. It would totally be normal/flying or something, just emphasize one of the colours more so than the others and you got type!
I'm sick of them all having too similar of body types, I want a bird that is quite different from the rest, but not silly.

.Aerodactyl.

A toucan pokemon would be really cool! I would love the toucan to be the regional bird, mix it up a little. Three stages would be perfect, rainbow related attacks too. It would totally be normal/flying or something, just emphasize one of the colours more so than the others and you got type!
I'm sick of them all having too similar of body types, I want a bird that is quite different from the rest, but not silly.

I do worry that this new bird as seen in the trailer will be too similar to Starraptor... It does seem to share colours already. I'm hoping personally that if we have to get our butterfly bug mon, it evolves to water/bug. I also want the resident rodent to be a normal/poison porcupine :D or even a steel/poison (the fairy killer).

Class Zero

We have arrived.
I do worry that this new bird as seen in the trailer will be too similar to Starraptor... It does seem to share colours already. I'm hoping personally that if we have to get our butterfly bug mon, it evolves to water/bug. I also want the resident rodent to be a normal/poison porcupine :D or even a steel/poison (the fairy killer).

Normal/Poison sounds good! And a Porcupine would be a great regional rodent :D
Though if it's Steel/Poison I don't think it'd qualify as regional rodent, as from going off the last 6 gens it seems to need to at least be part Normal.

I'm not sure what I want from the region bug though to be honest.. Other than, if it is based on Hawaii, then they could use the insectivorous Caterpillar that is found there and its subsequent Moth form as an evolution.

rFX7VuW.gif

Toonadri

Since it¡s a tropical region (if its based in hawaii OC) we can expect several tropical species like toucan,tropical bugs,maybe even a fly,a tiki most likely some tropical animal that is common in hawaii and a dolphin. (Also i expect a Bed pokemon lol)
As for fish pokemon i would want a anenome pokemon (water/poison) or a clown fish (water/fairy) and prankster as ability,there's a lot of tropical fishes so i hope they put a variety of them if the region if the routes are water heavy.
Now for cross evolutions (as much i like them i think we need to wait for gen VIII....a mienfoo cross branch evo named mienpai could work...(basicali a more masculine mienshao verion without whips and using karate again) it could evolove using some sort of chinese item.
Floette can gain a Fairy/Grass branch evo too.
Now for regular,i can totally see things like Lumineon,Grumpig,Farfetch'd,Dunsparce,Jynx,Chatot,Crustle,Maractus even Purugly lol...let's be honest every mon without 3 stages and mega can gain a evo andpretty much every pokemon with at least 1 evolution a branch evo,so it's pretty hard to predict because who knows,GF is soo random they can even put an evo to darmanitan,ferrothorn a branch to eeletrick and a evo to gogoat (wtf that would be unexpected) and leave farfetch'd and dusnparce without evo again.

Really IMO it looks nothing like Staraptor, and it's worth noting that Talonflame and Staraptor share a rough colour palette, but distributed very differently.

But yeah, regional rodent will almost defo be Normal-Type. Secondary type like Bibarel and Diggersby would be nice though, makes it feel worth investing time into it.

Galvantula1992

As Fairy is a new type and as a result it has been paired with the least amount of types as it is probably seen that the type can be longed out through as many future generations as possible, it is now the most under-represented type as it has only been paired with just over half the possible types as it could've been, I would like to see Fairy paired with a lot of types this gen, including:

Ground/Fairy - Gnome Gnomud/Soilnome
Dark/Fairy - Goblin Roblin>Moblin>Mobroblin
Ghost/Fairy - Banshee Banshriek
Fighting/Fairy - Troll Enchantroll

I want four Pokemon based off of the classical elementals:

Water/Fairy (Undine)
Flying/Fairy (Sylph)
Fire/Fairy (Salamander)
Fire/Ground (Gnome)

astarsas

I want four Pokemon based off of the classical elementals:

Water/Fairy (Undine)
Flying/Fairy (Sylph)
Fire/Fairy (Salamander)
Fire/Ground (Gnome)

Hmm.... I like it, except for the gnome. maybe because mainly there seems to be a pattern with the fairy typing and its broken. Plus fire showing up twice kinda throws me off. Maybe Ground/Fairy as a suggestion?

astarsas

My two favorite pseudos are metagross and tyranitar who both happen to not be dragons so I really hope its not gonna be a dragon again.
What I would suggest is a gargoyle based pseudo with a Rock/Dark typing
Or not, maybe a golden tiger one with a Psychic/Electric typing

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Hmm.... I like it, except for the gnome. maybe because mainly there seems to be a pattern with the fairy typing and its broken. Plus fire showing up twice kinda throws me off. Maybe Ground/Fairy as a suggestion?
Or maybe Grass/Fairy in reference to lawn gnomes.

Galvantula1992

Or maybe Grass/Fairy in reference to lawn gnomes.

I think it should stay Ground/Fairy and have the ability Flower Veil and have the moves Rototiller and Grassy Terrain.

Oops, that as a typo, it was meant to be Ground/Fairy ^_^;

I think it should stay Ground/Fairy and have the ability Flower Veil and have the moves Rototiller and Grassy Terrain.

Yeah, it'd nicely tie together typical mythological gnomes and the garden variety.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'd like to see another elephant Pokemon besides Phanpy and Donphan.

So would I since I like elephants. I'd want something big tho if we get a new elephant based pokemon in Sun and Moon, not like Phanpy and Donphan which were too small and more similar to extinct dwarf elephants than modern ones in my opinion. ^^

I'm really really hoping for a toucan pokemon. Spritzee disappointed me so much when it evolved into a stupid makeup pouffe...I would very much like a toucan pokemon that is either flying/grass, flying/psychic, or flying/normal.

I NEED A TOUCAN POKEMON LOOK AT MY USERNAME D:

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I'm really really hoping for a toucan pokemon. Spritzee disappointed me so much when it evolved into a stupid makeup pouffe...I would very much like a toucan pokemon that is either flying/grass, flying/psychic, or flying/normal.

I NEED A TOUCAN POKEMON LOOK AT MY USERNAME D:

I can accept a toucan themed Pokémon :) especially if its a grass/flying type

I personally want a bug/dragon type and, I know I've said this several times before forgive me, a fairy/fighting + fairy/dark type

rude D:

No offense, but how did you get any semblance of Toucan from Spritzee? At the most its only common trait with one is its curved beak.

A Fairy/Fighting 'Holy Knight' would be cool.

rude D:

No offense, but how did you get any semblance of Toucan from Spritzee? At the most its only common trait with one is its curved beak.

It's roughly bird-shaped, and the beak was my main reason. When I first saw it I thought, 'I could see this being the first stage of a toucan pokemon.' *shrug*

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
rude D:

I agree that Spritzee has no semblance with a toucan.
I believe that most people assumed that Spritzee's face is something based off a plague doctor's mask.

I agree that Spritzee has no semblance with a toucan.
I believe that most people assumed that Spritzee's face is something based off a plague doctor's mask.

Tbh I think that's definitely the intention due to the smell-based connotations of that mask.

EDIT: And I forgot to add what I was leading into, I'd like a proper plague doctor Pokemon. Whilst Aromatisse and Spritzee do have connotations from their masks, smell motif, and abilities, which focus on healing and prevention of status, they're mixed in with regular birds, perfume bottles, and festival dancers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.