• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
Mmh. I doubt that would be the case. I mean, they didn't introduced a macaron Pokémon in Kalos. I doubt they would go as far as making a malasada Pokémon.

They seemed to have learned their lesson with Vanillite's evolution line. I don't think they are going to make Pokémon very heavily inspired by food like these Pokémon again. Swirlix and Slurpuff were based on cotton candy and cupcakes but it was a lot more subtle than Vanillite and such. If they are going to create a food-based Pokémon, I expect it to be gently mixed with creature-like features like Swirlix and Slurpuff.

I know that the Vanillite gets a lot of flack for looking like ice cream, but I like the fact that its lore states that ice cream cones were made to look like Vanillite, rather than a pokemon randomly looking like food.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I know that the Vanillite gets a lot of flack for looking like ice cream, but I like the fact that its lore states that ice cream cones were made to look like Vanillite, rather than a pokemon randomly looking like food.

I've always liked these Pokémon, but I understand why the fans complained. And that lore is awesome, too.

Though they seem to have understood that food Pokémon should be based on food and not exactly like food. I really love what they did with Swirlix and Slurpuff.

Mega Missingno

I want cosmic type pokemon. Long overdue, what with whole undiscovered pokemon out there in space (Staryu, Starmi, Jirachi, Solrock, Lunatone, Deoxys). Surely they're not ALL psychic type

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I want cosmic type pokemon. Long overdue, what with whole undiscovered pokemon out there in space (Staryu, Starmi, Jirachi, Solrock, Lunatone, Deoxys). Surely they're not ALL psychic type

Why? They all use their mind as a tool and manipulate the world around them with telekinetic power. How do they not fit into the Psychic-Type?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Why? They all use their mind as a tool and manipulate the world around them with telekinetic power. How do they not fit into the Psychic-Type?
I think he's saying that making a Cosmic typing would fit them better than Psychic.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
There is no need for a new type. The type chart is pretty much balanced now that Fairy is introduced. Adding a new type would unbalance it again. Anyway, I like to see some gen 7 pokemon that evolves by day and night as a way of representing Sun and Moon. They would be version exclusives of course.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm all in for lots of new fairies!
There are just so many concepts they could use IMHO.
An imp or ogre would be my dream! Make it a Dark/Fairy and I'm sold! :D

I dunno about an ogre pokemon. It's just that when I think of fairies, I don't think of ogres since they seem more like monsters than benevolent beings. An imp pokemon sounds decent however cuz at least imps are small creatures with trickster tendencies.

Gillachu

Banned

Meh, Psychic kind of covers what they are. Frankly, I don't expect nor want a new type of Pokemon in S&M. Just give me more Poison-types, like some kind of venomous iguana mon. :cool:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
There is no need for a new type. The type chart is pretty much balanced now that Fairy is introduced. Adding a new type would unbalance it again. Anyway, I like to see some gen 7 pokemon that evolves by day and night as a way of representing Sun and Moon. They would be version exclusives of course.
A new type would still be a good new feature for the games, regardless that the type chart is "balanced" (which is somewhat subjective).

With that said, I doubt there'd be a Cosmic type this gen, as if there were one it probably would've been given to Solgaleo and Lunala.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
After getting fairy type just last generation, and only getting new types in gen 2. I think a wait of a few generations would be nice. Give fairy more time to develop, and more chances for pokemon to get the typing.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I think he's saying that making a Cosmic typing would fit them better than Psychic.

They did specifically say that there's no way they're all Psychic-Types, inferring that they shouldn't be Psychic at all.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
If there was going to be a "Cosmic"-type, then Solgaleo and Lunala would have it, as opposed to Psychic. Shot down.

Mmh. I doubt that would be the case. I mean, they didn't introduced a macaron Pokémon in Kalos. I doubt they would go as far as making a malasada Pokémon.

They seemed to have learned their lesson with Vanillite's evolution line. I don't think they are going to make Pokémon very heavily inspired by food like these Pokémon again. Swirlix and Slurpuff were based on cotton candy and cupcakes but it was a lot more subtle than Vanillite and such. If they are going to create a food-based Pokémon, I expect it to be gently mixed with creature-like features like Swirlix and Slurpuff.

Have you seen base-Vanillite? I mean without the icecream? Yeah, that appears because it's so cold.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Swirlix and Slurpuff were honestly about as subtle as Vanillite, all three have characteristics of food, but also draw from different things (Vanillite's an icicle, Swirlix takes some cues from dogs). I wouldn't say that they 'learned their lesson' from Vanillite when there's another food Pokémon line introduced the generation after.

Galvantula1992

The one thing I'd REALLY like to see this gen is our proper gorilla Pokemon, called Jungorilla. It would be Fighting/Ground and could, like Marowak, have a Bananarang (instead of a Bonemarang) although the name may have to be changed as Bananarang is copyrighted by Ape Escape 2. I think this is more likely this gen as there are jungles in the map of Alola.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
The one thing I'd REALLY like to see this gen is our proper gorilla Pokemon, called Jungorilla. It would be Fighting/Ground and could, like Marowak, have a Bananarang (instead of a Bonemarang) although the name may have to be changed as Bananarang is copyrighted by Ape Escape 2. I think this is more likely this gen as there are jungles in the map of Alola.

grass/ground and you've got me sold! They could make a banana club move and a bananarang, which would be the grass counterparts to the ground bone moves.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
So, anyone else expecting another pair of sense fairies? We've had the Spritzee line (smell), Swirlix (taste), and Sylveon (touch). Sound could be based on some sort of mythical creature that emits sounds (siren, perhaps?) and for sight maybe a mirror or "beautiful" creature.

Don't forget Audino with its ear fetish. I know OG Audino isn't a Fairy type, but it still has issues even after Mega Evolving into Normal/Fairy. Now all we need is something with big eyes for sight. Hmmmmm....

hqdefault.jpg

I would kill a hundred Slowpokes for another Grass/Poison Pokémon that looks like pou. Bring on the food group Pokémon.

AlchemistAzure

Wanted to say this, because I saw a rumor video and have heard some whispers. Please, we do NOT need just about every Pokemon to have a Mega Evolution. I haven't even checked for other Gens, but just off Gen 1 alone, on top of the 46 Pokemon that have Mega Evolutions (48 stones counting the doubles for Charizard and Mewtwo), that would add in another 60 Mega Stones for people to hunt. 60!. That isn't even factoring in if they decided to give more Pokemon double Mega Evolutions. Do you all really want to go search Alola for 108+ Mega Stones?

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Status
Not open for further replies.