• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveMcQueen5683

As much as I love the idea of those evolutions, how would making them Version exclusive even work? It worked with Gorebyss and Huntail because they were item-based trade evolutions, but with day and night evolutions the only way to restrict them would be to just not program them in.

Moon koalas evolve into something. Sun koalas evolve into something else. Just different coding but it takes version exclusive to a whole new level. Might piss some people off who don't have Pokefriends or a second 3ds

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
What if the evil team makes it eternally day or night in each game?
Day/night cycle has been shown to return, so I'd say no. Unless it's for like, a specific part of the game, but then the evolution would only work for that part, which would be awful.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Day/night cycle has been shown to return, so I'd say no. Unless it's for like, a specific part of the game, but then the evolution would only work for that part, which would be awful.

The dawn/dusk scenes could be before the eternal day/night begins.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
As much as I love the idea of those evolutions, how would making them Version exclusive even work? It worked with Gorebyss and Huntail because they were item-based trade evolutions, but with day and night evolutions the only way to restrict them would be to just not program them in.

I know right, it is a difficult process. Maybe, they can add a single-digit number on Nekkoala's ID for Sun and Moon, creating the difference there. With something that wasn't implemented before, it is hard to anticipate how that plays out. That being said, no one would have thought Inkay would evolve while you're turning your device upside-down, so I'm expecting different kinds of evolutions akin to X/Y.

If none of the aforementioned would happen, still I would take split-evolution for Nekkoala, evolving differently based on max happiness on day or night, like Espeon and Umbreon.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

I'm sure such an event wouldn't last for the rest of the game.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
A new Dragon/Steel pokemon that is part of an evolution line. Ability is Levitate and Hidden Ability is Protein. Strong attack, defense and special defense stats.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
A new Dragon/Steel pokemon that is part of an evolution line. Ability is Levitate and Hidden Ability is Protein. Strong attack, defense and special defense stats.

Smells like broken spirit.

Or at least BW hydreigon where nothing could switch in. Protean is pushing it dude...base 80 speed or lower would make him a poorsman Genesect with good switch in opportunities, higher than that spells broken thanks to toxic and hazard resistance.

Baaaaaad idea.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
So this is really random, but does anyone else think that the log sleepykoala is holding it going to turn into a drum when it evolves? It kinda looks like a drum to me.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
So this is really random, but does anyone else think that the log sleepykoala is holding it going to turn into a drum when it evolves? It kinda looks like a drum to me.

It's a body pillow, well a drumming Koala would be great, a Conkeldurr approach would be amazing but that's just my opinion.

LoveMcQueen5683

Yungoose is always hungry. Yup definitely on my team lmao

Did anybody else's stream cut out when they caught yungoose and the pokedex info was supppse to come up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ascended Dialga

Pikipek confirmed! That's the name of the mystery bird.

Aetius

And the trailerbird came!
Nice name and cute appearanca for it!
I like it already! And it has got two evolutions!

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Honestly not that interested in Yungoos or Pikipek. Easy pass on them for my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.