• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
I really like the new Pokémon they showed. Especially Pikipek and Yungoos. I kind of like the teeth Yungoos has. Grubbin just looks like one of the weak bug types you get early on but maybe it will evolve into something cooler.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
When are we getting more news?

Tomorrow we have the Q&A, which should be interesting. We also have the Corocoro news that time.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
It's different to Pursuit in that the ability activates against the incoming Pokemon.
Therefore, Pursuit and this ability can never both activate their effects.

Thank you!
now that you pointed that out I realize my mistake, stakeout is when they come in not go out. I understood that when I saw its reveal earlier but still derped >.<
Still a good ability, and I still think it'll cause mindgames. Like if it has good coverage then you can really punish your opponent for switching in the 'mon they thought would easily take what move they were expecting you to use, and it makes inaffective typed moves do normal damage(if the damage multipliers haven't changed, which i doubt they did)

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Thank you!
now that you pointed that out I realize my mistake, stakeout is when they come in not go out. I understood that when I saw its reveal earlier but still derped >.<
Still a good ability, and I still think it'll cause mindgames. Like if it has good coverage then you can really punish your opponent for switching out their 'mon, and it makes inaffective typed moves do normal damage(if the damage multipliers haven't changed, which i doubt they did)

Yup, it's still an amazing ability! :D
If a Pokemon with usable stats is given Stakeout then it's gonna have a big impact on the competitive scene, I feel.

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
My thoughts

Pikipek - I love it. It is so adorable and sweet looking. I usually don't go for the early game birds but this one is so cute I might just have to catch it.

Yungoose - At first I hated this one but it has grown on me quite quickly. I am excited to see where he goes evolution wise

Grubbin - I am so meh on this one. But it is a bug type so it will most likely change dramatically after it evolves so I guess we shall see. But as of right now it is my least favourite

Cutty

Forever now
I thought Pikipek was cool. My favorite of all the 3 new mons so far. I hope its final evo gets a very very long beak. Skill Link is not so bad on it either.

Yungoose has a new cool ability. I'm still waiting for its true evo and stats to support it though. The design is alright I guess.

I couldn't really make it out Grubbin. Maybe cuz it's still a larva form. Some say it's gonna be Bug/Electric later. Another Sticky Web settler? We shall see later.

I couldn't really make it out Grubbin. Maybe cuz it's still a larva form. Some say it's gonna be Bug/Electric later. Another Sticky Web settler? We shall see later.
Yeah, that's based on its description from the official site:

Grubbin relies on its sturdy jaw as a weapon in battle and as a tool for burrowing through the earth. Grubbin loves electricity, which is why it can be found near power plants and substations. By wrapping tree branches in the sticky threads that it spews from its mouth, Grubbin can swing around like an actor on suspension wires!

So while not full-on-confirmation of the Electric-type in its future, it's certainly basis for some very strong suspicion.

Zealot

Thoughts on new Pokemon:

Pikipek - Love it! It's very likely that it will get a diverse move pool and learn several multiple-shot moves to make its ability viable! Bullet seed those rock types! :p

Yungoos - I am a fan of its perpetual grin. Lmao. At least it doesn't seem boring like the previous early mammalmons.

Gen 8 confirmed? Lol!

Grubbin - For some odd reason, it reminds me of Dwebble, Paras, and Binacle. Not a fan of it yet, though. I hope it evolves into something great!

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
Yeah, that's based on its description from the official site:

Grubbin relies on its sturdy jaw as a weapon in battle and as a tool for burrowing through the earth. Grubbin loves electricity, which is why it can be found near power plants and substations. By wrapping tree branches in the sticky threads that it spews from its mouth, Grubbin can swing around like an actor on suspension wires!

So while not full-on-confirmation of the Electric-type in its future, it's certainly basis for some very strong suspicion.

The description though. I hope we get more superheroes or pop culture references like this on the pokedex xD

Ludicoconut

Water&Grass Trainer
Hoping against hope that Grubbin's final evolution isn't lackluster like Butterfree, Beautifly, Ledian etc, would be nice to have a decent starting bug that does well competitive wise

Rakurai

I like the fact that Yungoos actually bears a strong resemblance to the animal it's based on, unlike Zangoose.

I hope we get a proper mantis Pokemon some day, because the only thing even remotely mantis-like about Scyther are the claws.

Red and Blue

Wonder which species of Pokémon Yangoos ate to reduce the population? Mongooses eat snakes so Ekans? Seviper?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Wonder which species of Pokémon Yangoos ate to reduce the population? Mongooses eat snakes so Ekans? Seviper?
Moongooses eat pretty much any animal they can (reptiles, birds, mammals, insects, scorpions), the idea that they specialize in snakes is something of a myth. People just took notice that they are pretty good at managing to kill venomous snakes and thus they became famous as snake killers.

Airederu

Damage Control
Someone may have already said this before...

But I have a strange feeling Yungoos is the pre-evolution of Zangoose. It is stated that it was bought over to the Alola region to deal with the population of another Pokemon and I am just wondering if that is indeed Seviper's pre-evolution...

I can guarantee you that Yungoos is not associated with Zangoose in anyway. That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, they have nothing in common besides being based on the same animal. Holy ****, some people lmmfao, sorry.

I'd really love it if they have lots of different pokemon on each route. It makes nuzlocke and wedlockes more interesting. However it does make it more time consuming to find and catch them all.

How would having more Pokemon in each route make completing the dex more time-consuming? They would literally all be right there. :'1

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Man Grubbin is adorable.

I love it.
Definitely gonna use it alongside Rowlet.

So looks like it'll be Bug/Electric huh?

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I would love a dark flying hummingbird.

Seriously, the God of War hummingbird destroying everything on its wake!

Why flying dark? This guy's are vicious beast that don't stop their attacks after crippling an opponent, they don't stop even after the opponent is dead often trying to pick it up and toss it around until hunger makes them go and seek nectar.

There are very few birds as badass and adorable as this little guys. Seriously if your viciousness makes you into the God of War for several cosmogonies you are a certified badass.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Grubbin - I am so meh on this one. But it is a bug type so it will most likely change dramatically after it evolves so I guess we shall see. But as of right now it is my least favourite

I hope it becomes something different from the norm in terms of regional insects and doesn't just end up becoming a moth or a butterfly. I hope it becomes a giant earwig or something similar. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.