• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreis

Did I hear somewhere that there won't be very many new Pokemon, just like one or two per type, or did I misunderstand?

The only official word I can find in any media related to the amount of Pokemon coming in Sun and Moon was a joke reference made by Masuda that there will be more than 10. While I cannot find the direct quote it is referenced in this article on gamerant.

http://gamerant.com/pokemon-sun-moon-over-10-new-102/

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Why would a fish evolve into an octopus? Why would a a sheep evolve into a giraffe looking thing?...a Mongoose to a Wolverine isn't too much of a stretch.

There are so many weird evolutions (another being remora into a manta ray), so Yungoos becoming Ol'verine (see what I did there?) would be nice.
But even if it doesnt evolve into a wolverine, I'd still like to see a creative typing combo or at least a very large movepool given to it, albeit its regional rodent status.

Hauke_von_Arding

There are so many weird evolutions (another being remora into a manta ray), so Yungoos becoming Ol'verine (see what I did there?) would be nice.
But even if it doesnt evolve into a wolverine, I'd still like to see a creative typing combo or at least a very large movepool given to it, albeit its regional rodent status.

Remoraid didn't evolve into Mantine. Remoraid evolves into a octopus (Octillery)... still strange.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I dunno, I feel like Yungoos's Mongoose theme is too strong to change up too much as it fits in it's lore.

So it could become a wolverine, but I thin it will just become a bigger mongoose.

Bus

A bigger mongoose would be my bet. I know they used to change up a species entirely in the past, but did that really extend beyond Gen 2? Still, its not totally impossible and it would be really cool to have a wolverine pokemon (bonus points if its yellow and black and actually looks like the X-men Wolverine lol).

I think I would be accepting of it either way. To be perfectly fair, I've never really used the regional rodent beyond HM slave capacities, though this does look nice enough to entertain for a little while. Its ability certainly is interesting and definitely geared toward a more competitive mind. Even the birds...I used the Pidgey line once (in my first Red play-through), didn't care for the Noctowl line, hated Gen 3's bird...really, the first one I actually liked was Talonflame since it was an awesome fire hawk. The woodpecker has the potential to be cool, but it really depends on final design for me. Just to note, I not too competetively minded; I just like running through the story casually with either a normal or Nuzlocke team and battling a few friends every now and then. So a good design goes a long way with me lol.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I dunno, I feel like Yungoos's Mongoose theme is too strong to change up too much as it fits in it's lore.

So it could become a wolverine, but I thin it will just become a bigger mongoose.

Idk if the yellow color scheme would be any indication if it evolved into another Normal/Electric type, but I'd like to see that if it becomes a bigger mongoose. If it does, perhaps mixed offensive stats would be cool on it.

Remoraid didn't evolve into Mantine. Remoraid evolves into a octopus (Octillery)... still strange.

Thanks for that correction (wtf brain?).

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
So assuming victory road is the icy area. We can expect to see strong ice types, and maybe and ice pseudo.

I for one think ice types need more love.

Hauke_von_Arding

So assuming victory road is the icy area. We can expect to see strong ice types, and maybe and ice pseudo.

I for one think ice types need more love.

Poison. There is NO legendary or mythical pokemon of the typing. Ice has at least Kyurem and Regice. It's time for poison too!

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Poison. There is NO legendary or mythical pokemon of the typing. Ice has at least Kyurem and Regice. It's time for poison too!

I meant a pokemon like Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, Hydreigon and Goodra.

Strong 3 stage families.

I agree, we really need a poison legend. And don't say Arceus with the poison plate. :/

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I meant a pokemon like Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, Hydreigon and Goodra.

Strong 3 stage families.

I agree, we really need a poison legend. And don't say Arceus with the poison plate. :/

Maybe a strong Poison/Ice psychrophilic Moritella profunda line.
The base is a single bacterial organism, emanating cold air. The second stage is a small group of the base stage, leaking biofilm around them which vaporizes.
The final stage is a group of bacteria forming a humanoid figure. The figure looks humanoid down to its ankles, which is where cold biofilm gathers.

Ability(s) would be Regenerator and Ice Body. It would be loaded with strong offenses and Special Defense, moderate speed and Defense.

storm12

Weather Bearer
My earlier reasoning

I can defintely see wolverine influences coming in with an evo, maybe called something like Hungulo(Hunger + Gulo which is the genus name of the wolverine meaning indeed, glutton in latin)

I can also so see Gluttony as the hidden ability for the line.

Last edited:

Bus

True, things like "Slowking" and "Talonflame" for example are just a name made up of two words. But what's important here is that they are combined to make one word. Pokemon names have always been one word (Ho-oh may seem like an exception. But the hyphen joins the two words making them one).

And I don't really see a problem with people inspired by Hawaiians using Hawaiian words for things. Tons of NPCs in Kalos were dropping bits of French here and there.

I think you crossed threads man; that discussion is going on in the Legendary thread lol.

Bamboosle

With all the talking about Yungoos maybe turning into a wolverine>>> Can't keep unseeing Wolverine from the 90's X-men cartoon with Yungoos' head XD

gliscor&yanmega

I love Pikipek, although I wish it was just pure Flying or anything except part Normal, was hoping for that to be changed up. Hopefully it'll get a type change upon evolving like Fletchling did, although I hope it's not Fire. Not really sure what type it could get, but maybe Fighting.

Yungoos ends up being the Regional Early Mammal Pokemon. It's a little odd, pretty much because of it's teeth, it probably would have looked really cute if it had a little mouth, but I'm fine with the way it looks...although I think of a mullet when I look at it. I do like the little info of it not being a native Pokemon and brought to Alola to keep another Pokemon's species from expanding more, guess it'll be in Gen 8 then. I hope it gets a second type upon evolving. Fighting pops up in my head again, but maybe Dark.

Grubbin's got a quick little look to it, and seems like it could have potential of looking pretty cool when it evolves. It mentions liking electricity so I could see it getting Electric type upon evolving. I could see it becoming a favorite once I see it's evolution(s).

Orphalesion

Perhaps Gurubbin will be one of those bug pokemon that feature a chrysalis state? If so I could see the Chrysalis state actually store electricity and then emerge as a Bug/Electric type for its final evolution.

Last edited:

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Perhaps Gurubbin will be one of those bug pokemon that feature a chrysalis state? If so I could see the Chrysalis state actually store electricity and then emerge as a Buug/Flying type for its final evolution.

A "Battery Bug" whilst a cocoon?
As long as it gets decent setup moves like Electro and Sticky Web. It could be an actually usable chrysallis stage pokemon

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Perhaps Gurubbin will be one of those bug pokemon that feature a chrysalis state? If so I could see the Chrysalis state actually store electricity and then emerge as a Buug/Flying type for its final evolution.
With all the emphasis on electricity, I'd hate for its final stage to be yet another Bug/Flying. Not to mention, Grubbin is more than likely a grub, or larval/"baby", beetle, and I don't think beetles go through a chrysalis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.