• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galvantula1992

I'm really excited that we now have our regional rodent and bird revealed. I'm really hoping that we get our early-game Electric type revealed soon and that it is a cheetah cub (called Sonicub). I'd be ECSTATIC!

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I'm really excited that we now have our regional rodent and bird revealed. I'm really hoping that we get our early-game Electric type revealed soon and that it is a cheetah cub (called Sonicub). I'd be ECSTATIC!
I'd find it pretty shocking if we got our first cheetah Pokemon this game.

Red and Blue

We need a Moose Pokemon. I don't think we have gotten a Pokemon based on a Moose yet

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
A pure Steel type evolution line. Has Filter and Heatproof as abilities. Levitate as hidden ability. Has strong defense and special defense stats. Decent attack and special attack stats.

Paralititan

So far I'm quite pleased with the new Pokemon reveals. They all look pretty cool to me. Liking Pikipek a lot.

Hoping there will be some awesome fossil Pokemon in there. Maybe a Stegosaurus and Velociraptor. Or a Deinosuchus.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
We need a Moose Pokemon. I don't think we have gotten a Pokemon based on a Moose yet

Mooses seem kind of monotonous to me in terms of how they look however, and if we get a moose pokemon in Sun and Moon I can't help but imagine that it would end up being similar to Sawsbuck in that perhaps it would need a gimmick to stand out. ^^;

Vivian

Its almost sure youngoos and iwanko will have at least one evolution, because of their names meanings. Youngoos will probably have saberthoot. A new rat pokemon is heavily expected, but i really hope they slow down the new pokemon reveal. While i cant be away from spoilers and always look for news, i want still have many unrevealed pokemon in the games when i get them.

perhaps it would need a gimmick to stand out. ^^;

It really wouldn't, we've had Pokémon based off of the same species before and they've turned out very different looking without gimmicks.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
It really wouldn't, we've had Pokémon based off of the same species before and they've turned out very different looking without gimmicks.

Yeah, and aren't Zangoose and Yungoos both mongooses?
Sawsbuck is still a deer…
So a moose shouldn't be monotonous, unless the designers made it Normal type with a limited movepool.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
It is Narcolepsy that matches with the name and Definite Sleep ability, not Narcotic. Narcolepsy/Narcoleptic and Koala makes Narcoala/Narkoala.
Emolga's name was changed from Emonga because it contained monga, unintentionally referencing mongoloid, when it actually referenced momonga, Japanese flying squirrel.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Its almost sure youngoos and iwanko will have at least one evolution, because of their names meanings. Youngoos will probably have saberthoot. A new rat pokemon is heavily expected, but i really hope they slow down the new pokemon reveal. While i cant be away from spoilers and always look for news, i want still have many unrevealed pokemon in the games when i get them.
Yungoos going from a mongoose to a saber-tooth would be a bit... Odd. Even on Pokemon standards.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I am a little curious why they haven't updated the site with Iwanko and Nekokoloa let. Unless I am wrong don't they usually do that a day or two after Coro Coro is released normally. I am really curious about what their English names are.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Yungoos going from a mongoose to a saber-tooth would be a bit... Odd. Even on Pokemon standards.

I think they just meant that it might get long canines or fangs similar to a Smilodon. And not actually resemble the animal.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Some animals I'd really wish to see...

- dolphin (most of us are still waiting for this), hammerhead shark, angelfish, flying fish, tuna
- cockroach, fly, mosquito, stickbug, earthworm
- flamingo, frigatebird, toucan, crane, albatross
- armadillo, tasmanian devil, lemur, opossum

I'd die of laughter if we got a porpoise before a dolphin 'w'

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

fhqwhgads

Mooses seem kind of monotonous to me in terms of how they look however, and if we get a moose pokemon in Sun and Moon I can't help but imagine that it would end up being similar to Sawsbuck in that perhaps it would need a gimmick to stand out. ^^;
I mean, we already had Stantler before Sawsbuck, and I don't see you confusing the two(or even remembering Stantler).

Status
Not open for further replies.