• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achernar

star-mapping pro
Why do people seriously want dunsparce to have an evo? I don't get why during a pre-release of a new generation, fans constantly wish would this to happen.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Why do people seriously want dunsparce to have an evo? I don't get why during a pre-release of a new generation, fans constantly wish would this to happen.

Dunsparce is like the lovable loser pokemon. So weird and goofy looking, but also cute in a way and actually isnt bad statwise. It could become amazing with evolving.

Navarch

I really like these new Pokemon, their designs are so out there and different from what we have ever gotten. I could see Bruxish evolving into a Milotic/Gyarados type of Pokemon. I love Togedemaru, it might be pretty decent. That Discharge was pretty powerful against Emolga, but we won't know until we see stats.

rocky505

Hopefully Togedemaru doesn't get shafted like Dedenne did with it's movepool. Dedenne still doesn't have a special attack Fairy move.

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
I personally think it looks more like a North American porcupine. Since it can raise its spines without curling up, and also has a tail. They also look pretty round, especially with the spines raised.

I could see either tbh but I feel hedgehogs are generally more well known and are considered cuter so that is why my mind leans more to that. But either is entirely possible.

Bus

I kind of like that little bug bus; its hilarious lol. I might have missed out on the conversation for it, but it did the trailer pretty much show is that it evolves into that hovering electric beetle thing? Could this be all 3 lines for Grubbin already? I mean, most bug types do come really early in the game so it wouldnt surprise me.

EDIT: nevermind just checked the confirmed pokemon page and it says it there. I just came straight here to post after seeing the trailer on IGN lol.

sitekickdude1432

Mega Absol <3
Man some of these pokemon are gonna take me some time to wrap my head around....

bruxish is really throwing me off, i think i just need to get used to it .-.

DSDark

Breeder
Hopefully Togedemaru doesn't get shafted like Dedenne did with it's movepool. Dedenne still doesn't have a special attack Fairy move.

i'm just hoping it doesn't get shafted like every pikachu clone and it finally gets an evolution

TwistedMelody

I have mixed feelings about the newly revealed Pokémon, based solely on aesthetic. Bruxish just looks like a gaudy mess but hopefully it evolves into something less...odd. On the other hand, Cutiefly and Togedemaru are adorable. I really hope that Togedemaru evolves because I love the idea of a porcupine Pokémon, which is what it looks like.

Of course, my team will be based more on usefulness than appearance, but I would love to have a team that is strong and cute.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Bruxish is ugly.... that'll be a Pokemon that gets caught and never used.

And not really a fan of Drampa..... Dragon/NORMAL?! That is boring, I hope he's not the only Dragon wouldn't be fair considering there are a ton of Fairies.

I personally think it looks more like a North American porcupine. Since it can raise its spines without curling up, and also has a tail. They also look pretty round, especially with the spines raised.

That's what I assumed it was

It needs SOMETHING. Be it an evolution or Mega evolution. Dunsparce is just not good on his own.

Cutty

Forever now
Topukoko actually has a good Electric/Fairy typing. I hope its backed up with good stats. I will use it in playthrough I think.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Man these designs are silly dumb, and I appreciate that a lot.

I mean just look at Drumpa lmao.

Vikavolt looks sick as hell though.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I want that dragon, and I want it now.

I so love how Drampa looks. It's pretty much a whimsical dragon, and the closest looking to a genuine mythical dragon in a long time. I am so getting it.

vladimirescu

The new Pokemon from best to worst in my opinion:

Charjabug > Vikavolt > Tapu Koko > Drampa > Togedemaru > Cutiefly > Bruxish

Despite that, I really like all the designs except Bruxish, but maybe it will grow in me. I actually think Drampa is one of the best looking Dragon-types out there, and I hope Cutiefly gets sick evolutions. I'm very fond of "pikaclones" and little Toge is no exception, it's just so cute. Tapukoko is amazing with its smart design, typing and ability, but my favorite has to be the Bug-type line. Charjabug has literally one of the most interesting designs in the series, and Vikavolt doesn't fall far. It managed to do some decent damage to Milotic so I don't think it will be weak as most early-game Bug-types.

Now for some interesting points:

1 - Does the name Vikavolt comes from Virus, Zika and Volt? It does resemble a mosquito, but I can't see the connection between virus-spreading bugs and the Electric type.
2 - What was that ability activated by Togedemaru?

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Vikavolt was exactly what I was hoping for a Grubbin evolution, its angular design just reminds me of old sidescrolling shooters on the TurboGrafx and the NES. I may end up naming mine Vic Viper, because Gradius.

And Drampa... Oh Drampa, oh how I love how derpy you look. As many people have said, it reminds me of the Neverending Story, and I love it for that.

GDK

Does anyone else think drampa is normal/dragon because it's the evolution of a normal type (not dunsparce it looks nothing like it) ?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The new Pokemon from best to worst in my opinion:

Charjabug > Vikavolt > Tapu Koko > Drampa > Togedemaru > Cutiefly > Bruxish

See, I like Bruxish's design. It looks very interesting.

Drampa is my absolute favorite of these. I just can't take its adorableness! IT'S SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE! :D

Master_Tyrell

I want that dragon, and I want it now.

I so love how Drampa looks. It's pretty much a whimsical dragon, and the closest looking to a genuine mythical dragon in a long time. I am so getting it.

Yess!!! I'm loving the whimsical dragon design it has. Very interesting that it is Dragon/Normal. I wonder what the Dex entry will say about its Normal typing, though.

Bruxish.... Gosh I love it!!! Give me more oddballs, it has the colors fitting for a tropical region while also being crazy looking (those teeth). And that ability... oh yes!!! It sort of gives me the idea of a Feebas that thinks it is fabulous.

Status
Not open for further replies.