• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuzlocker4Life

Totally betting Bruxish will evolve into a dolphin-like Pokemon. We have a fish that evolves into an octopus, so nothing is off the table as far as i see.
Even if it doesn't evolve, it's still one bad**-looking fish. Dem teeth yo.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I don't know about lore wise, but normal types are known for wide ranging movepools (usually they can't make use of but smh) along with the ability to change type being most commonly associated with normals. (Kecleon, Arceus, Castform, etc.)

Yeah, I'm talking about the idea and lore behind them, not the battle ability.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Thought an opinions on new Pokemon:
Charjabug/Vikavolt is really, incredibly likely to be the Grubbin line. Not only due to the power plants that Grubbin hangs out in, but grubs themselves are beetle related, which Vikavolt seems very much in line with. Charjabug is likely a pupa stage, seeing as how beetles go through complete metamorphosis.

Drampa makes me think of the dragons from hallucinogens, lol! On a more serious note, I like the design potential. I don't know if I will like it as much later on or not, which is why I want to see the blurbs on these guys.

Bruxish is refreshing to see, because we need more ugly fish. As much as I like it, I kind of which there was an uglier bioluminescent fish than Laturn.

Cutiefly is a Pokemon that I could see taken a much more innocent take on bees after Mega Beedrill and Vesiquen, two threatening bee Pokemon. Seeing the name almost makes me think that they are satirizing the "cuties" urban legend.

Togedemaru is like Pachirisu. They keep their long names and are Pikaclones. It looks adorable, but I don't know how memorable it will be in-game.

And finally Tapu Koko. It is the Hawaiian diety of Mele mele Island, which is hawaiian for "yellow". I think that is where the electric type came in. The design reminds me of Kokopelli, the flute figure that you see associated with indigenous culture.

Grey Wind

Bruxish screams standalone to me. It reminds me of Basculin or Alomomola.

Drampa I'm unsure of. My gut says it evolves from something but I could totally see it being similar to Druddigon (and if that's a wild encounter in the trailer then it probably is).

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I can see Bruxish as the Magikarp/Feebas of the generation. Based on its type and ugly appearance, I can see it evolving into a beautiful dolphin. Or maybe I'm reaching because we need a dolphin.
I actually don't think Bruxish evolving into a dolphin is too Farfetch'd. Would be awesome.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
In regards to these new Pokemon, I do not feel that great about them. I think Tapu Koko is cool and Vikavolt is good in my opinion. The rest of them, no.

However, if the Pokemon are good in battles or evolve into something good, I am cool with them.

Do you guys think Drampa is a pseudo legendary?

Personally, I do not think so. I get the feeling that Drampa will be like Druddigon in a sense.

clbgolden12

I just realized, when Bruxish opens its head flower thing it looks like there's a pearl in there.

image.jpg

... Not sure what this means.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Even though I still want a Dragon/Bug and Dragon/Fighting, I am alright with just Normal/Dragon and I am glad they finally reveal a Dragon type this time. One new type combo for a Dragon pokemon is enough for me. I think it is either a stand alone, middle stage or fully evolved pokemon.

SilverFox

So sly
I didn't get excited about any of the seven that were just released. Not like the previously released Pokémon at least. Hopefully some better ones will be released soon.

This might be my favorite batch of new Pokemon besides the Galvantula / Excadrill / Haxorus / Cofagrigus set. It's certainly a divisive one.

Charjabug looks okay. I didn't like it at first, but now I appreciate its bold design. By the way, it and Vikavolt's sideways mouths help cement the fact that they are part of Grubbin's line 'cause Grubbin also has a sideways zig-zaggy mouth. I didn't see anybody else point that one out.

Vikavolt looks good. I don't like it quite as much as most, but I suppose I appreciate its design overall.

Drampa looks great. My guess is that it isn't this gen's psuedo-legendary because we see it at level 44 in the video and psuedos tend to evolve around level 50 (although Metagross evolves from Metang at level 45). I could see it as a one or two stage Pokemon, but my best guess is that it's a three stager with a young first stage, an older second stage, and now, a grampa final stage.

Bruxish looks amazing. I love it so much. It looks too finished to be anything but a standalone or second stage evolution, so I doubt it'll evolve into anything (but that's just my opinion).

Nobody hates Cutiefly. I think we can all agree that it will probably evolve twice. It just looks so weak!

I don't really like Togedemaru, but I'm not usually a fan of electric mouse Pokemon (Pikachu is my most hated of all Pokemon). I do like that it's electric/steel, but that isn't gonna sell it for me.

Tapu Koko looks great! I generally eschew legendaries, but this is a Poke with a design so solid that I just might care slightly when I see it make in appearance in my playthrough.

I need a Bruxish avatar, and fast.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
Wow! 7 new Pokemon and the designs continue to be even more interesting than ever. I wonder if they are doing reveals on a per island basis. Like so far, maybe these are the some new Pokemon of MeleMele? After all, Tapu Koko is the guardian deity of MeleMele so it almost seems like this is the case. Iwanko and Nekkoala and probably MeleMele too. I think Bruxish could have a pre-evo actually. It seems like it is no bigger than Finneon.

Rhynox

This might be my favorite batch of new Pokemon besides the Galvantula / Excadrill / Haxorus / Cofagrigus set. It's certainly a divisive one.

Charjabug looks okay. I didn't like it at first, but now I appreciate its bold design. By the way, it and Vikavolt's sideways mouths help cement the fact that they are part of Grubbin's line 'cause Grubbin also has a sideways zig-zaggy mouth. I didn't see anybody else point that one out.

Vikavolt looks good. I don't like it quite as much as most, but I suppose I appreciate its design overall.

Drampa looks great. My guess is that it isn't this gen's psuedo-legendary because we see it at level 44 in the video and psuedos tend to evolve around level 50 (although Metagross evolves from Metang at level 45). I could see it as a one or two stage Pokemon, but my best guess is that it's a three stager with a young first stage, an older second stage, and now, a grampa final stage.

Bruxish looks amazing. I love it so much. It looks too finished to be anything but a standalone or second stage evolution, so I doubt it'll evolve into anything (but that's just my opinion).

Nobody hates Cutiefly. I think we can all agree that it will probably evolve twice. It just looks so weak!

I don't really like Togedemaru, but I'm not usually a fan of electric mouse Pokemon (Pikachu is my most hated of all Pokemon). I do like that it's electric/steel, but that isn't gonna sell it for me.

Tapu Koko looks great! I generally eschew legendaries, but this is a Poke with a design so solid that I just might care slightly when I see it make in appearance in my playthrough.

I need a Bruxish avatar, and fast.

Wait, do we think Tapu Koko is a legendary?

clbgolden12

Yes. It's the guardian of the (first) island, is a big deal among the island inhabitants, and is referred to as a "deity".

Speaking of Tapu Koko, I wonder why that one villager refers to it as a "curious little thing"? It's not really "little".

LoveMcQueen5683

Yes. But it could also be like Lucario and Zoroark.

But it's most likely a legendary because all islands have a guardian and tapu koko is mostly likely part of a trio of totem legends while the 4th guardian is the solgaleo/lunalaa/or 3rd legendary

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Nice surprise i got today. Looks like the Bugs are gonna be pretty something this Gen.

- Tapu looks bad-a**!! An instant favorite for me! Just hoping its stats will live up to the hype!
- So far some of these designs and English names though, look like they were fan-made by average Joes rather than the professionals! Toge and Bruxish stand out!!
- Drampa kinda looks interesting! I'm willing to bet some money that it'll be classified as the Pokeworld's oldest Dragon! Probably the very first Dragon that was born!

Status
Not open for further replies.