• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Wind

I might use it in a game where I am not using Rowlet. It is an interesting pokemon and hopefully it replaces Normal for something else.

I hope so too, Normal/Flying is overdone and it'll struggle to stand out if it stays that way (although Skill Link might make it more interesting, especially if it gets stuff like Rock Blast). Personally I'm hoping for it to become part Steel.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
With Litten and Salandit, it is looking good for Fire types in this gen imo. We need more of them in our lives.

I really like Salandit's design. Like many people have said, it looks evil. I like that. It it a bandit after all. Also, of course the first ever Poison and Fire type is the biggest appeal to me along with its ability. Ground types hurt it, but Fairies got nothing on this bandit.

Sabre_King

Does anyone here care for Pikipek at all?

I like the design of it so far, I am choosing to use it in my game where I don't choose Rowlet. I can see it having much potiential, but I will wait until more flying types are revealed or see Pikipek's evolutions.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Does anyone here care for Pikipek at all?

Absolutely! I love Skill Link Pokemon, really hope it's got high Speed and at least a decent Attack...

Thepowaofhax

I hope so too, Normal/Flying is overdone and it'll struggle to stand out if it stays that way (although Skill Link might make it more interesting, especially if it gets stuff like Rock Blast). Personally I'm hoping for it to become part Steel.

Seeing as it's a woodpecker, it could easily go Grass or Steel. Hopefully it does become to a Steel-type, but doesn't become another Skarmory.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Salad It Sandal Lit Salandit is kind of like the bulk of Alola Pokemon introduced. I'm not fond of its design but it has a great technical concept in type and ability that could make its evolutions interesting.

Salamandit

I really hope Pikipek changes into flying/steel or flying/rock. And I really hope they keep the woodpecker-line intact and don't turn it into a crane or anything like that, we need a fully evolved woodpecker. I think pikipek is also based on the magpie.

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth
I really hope Pikipek changes into flying/steel or flying/rock. And I really hope they keep the woodpecker-line intact and don't turn it into a crane or anything like that, we need a fully evolved woodpecker. I think pikipek is also based on the magpie.

Maybe flavor-fully based on the magpie with the snatching stuff, but it really doesn't look like one.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
For anyone curious, we still haven't had any new Fighting, Ground, Ice, or Dark types revealed.

Hoping that by the end of at least August we finally get one of each type revealed.

Salamandit

I like dark-types most, so I hope to find some awesome new ones! Also I want more non-pink fairy pokemon. I also want less humanoid fighting pokemon, most stupid pokemon are fighting pokemon, they wear clothes and so on, hope that changes in this batch.

TheEliteEmpoleon

For anyone curious, we still haven't had any new Fighting, Ground, Ice, or Dark types revealed.

Hoping that by the end of at least August we finally get one of each type revealed.

I'm not surprised about us having no ice types yet. Between fifth and sixth gens we got 13 new ones, including Kyurem's forms, and it's not looking like Alola is going to be chock full of Ice types either, with there being one visible area with snow on it.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader

That is interesting. Ice is the one I'm expecting least, but we'll obviously get a few.

And I know it's the most oversaid cliché here, but give me all the unused type combos. Fighting/Ice sounds really tight to me. I know it'd have a ton of weaknesses, but what Ice type doesn't?

Salamandit

I dislike most ice-pokemon, I really hope there will be finally be some cool ones. The polar bear is so bad, I hope we get a pokemon based on this: http://pathfinderwiki.com/mediawiki/images/thumb/c/ce/Kokogiak.jpg/250px-Kokogiak.jpg which is a awesome 10-legged polar bear from Inuit mythology.

Or even better on the Akhlut http://67.media.tumblr.com/4f0ce2653986e3fee226b88dd099c7f9/tumblr_o86tbxbGqu1v9qvuco1_540.jpg from inuit mythology, which is half orca whale and half wolf, being a shapeshifter between the two forms, I don't want it to be a legendary, I hate them.

Last edited:

Thepowaofhax

That is interesting. Ice is the one I'm expecting least, but we'll obviously get a few.

And I know it's the most oversaid cliché here, but give me all the unused type combos. Fighting/Ice sounds really tight to me. I know it'd have a ton of weaknesses, but what Ice type doesn't?

Even if it does have a lot of weaknesses, it could easily shake up OU given it has a good move pool and stats from the type alone. Generally Fighting-types get Rock and Ground-type coverage, so it would easily get a lot of coverage from the get-go.

TheEliteEmpoleon

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I dislike most ice-pokemon, I really hope there will be finally be some cool ones. The polar bear is so bad, I hope we get a pokemon based on this: http://pathfinderwiki.com/mediawiki/images/thumb/c/ce/Kokogiak.jpg/250px-Kokogiak.jpg which is a awesome 10-legged polar bear from Inuit mythology.

Or even better on the Akhlut http://67.media.tumblr.com/4f0ce2653986e3fee226b88dd099c7f9/tumblr_o86tbxbGqu1v9qvuco1_540.jpg from inuit mythology, which is half orca whale and half wolf, being a shapeshifter between the two forms, I don't want it to be a legendary, I hate them.
Not sure about the 10-legged polar bear, but the Akhlut looks super rad. Would make a great Pokemon design.

Salamandit

Well if pokemon like Xatu and Hypno get new versions (like the Musharna and Sipyplh or whatever those two boring pokemon are called) then why not beartic, it was a horrible pokemon, nothing appealing at all.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Well if pokemon like Xatu and Hypno get new versions (like the Musharna and Sipyplh or whatever those two boring pokemon are called) then why not beartic, it was a horrible pokemon, nothing appealing at all.

Because Sigilyph and Musharna are not 'new versions' of Xatu and Hypno; pokémon don't get 'new versions.' And I think Beartic is what most people would've expected from a polar bear pokémon. I wouldn't call it a horrible pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.