• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXD17

Draco rex
Does anyone know what the little blurbs about rockruff are about?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Trace already fits that definition, though I suppose they could theoretically make a differently named duplicate of Trace. Disguise sounds like it would work by name, but it doesn't sound like it would fit Mimikkyu.

Most likely, considering we have had the same abilities with different names. Full Metal Body and Shadow Shield are trending for that specific example. Also, the ghost Pokémon's name is Mimikkyu, sound a lot like "mimic", which would be another reason that Disguise may end up like Trace.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
They are really showing a ton of pokemon so far and we are still only in july. It makes me think this gen could have a ton of pokemon.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
I love the bear's description and "lore" so much (thats hilariously cute) but he's a bit to derpy in looks for me...

I dont know if James still does the get attack hugged by pokemon but he needs that if he does.

Leosnake

This, especially since it is on the page of the new Ghost/ Fairy Pokemon Mimikkyu.

Also loving the new Red Panda I hope he evolves too.

Mimikkyu also amuses me mwhahahaha.

AceTrainerBen

so wouldn't it be cool if the new ghost poke's ability DISGUISE, has something to do with how if you look under its sheet you'll be inflicted with a illness. What if when you attack it physically, it's sheet flys off and you're afflicted with a burn status? that would be awesome!

Nuzlocker4Life

And what's the relevance of the date 9/14 and info below Kiteruguma?

MartiniTheDratini

Oh my goodness, that bear Pokemon's description is so hilariously dark, I love it lol. Also, the Ghost/Fairy Pokemon has some good potential. I'm hoping that, either its ability allows it to transform into a creepy, deformed version of whatever Pokemon is sent out against it (or something to that effect) or that this Pokemon just has many different forms that are just creepy "Halloween" versions of other Pokemon.

Either way, I love the fact that both of these Pokemon are creepy, and dangerous, in different ways lol. Also, I imagine for both of these Pokemon, that they'll look better once we see them in motion, so don't write them off just yet, folks :p

dukemon22

It looks like CoroCoro is making Rockruff the definitive Alola Pokemon. (The mascot if you will.)

The first blurb is just saying how there are a mass of new and different pokemon on the Alola Islands.

The second is Rockruff giving a talking point about the new stuff.

XXD17

Draco rex
Oh my goodness, that bear Pokemon's description is so hilariously dark, I love it lol. Also, the Ghost/Fairy Pokemon has some good potential. I'm hoping that, either its ability allows it to transform into a creepy, deformed version of whatever Pokemon is sent out against it (or something to that effect) or that this Pokemon just has many different forms that are just creepy "Halloween" versions of other Pokemon.

Either way, I love the fact that both of these Pokemon are creepy, and dangerous, in different ways lol. Also, I imagine for both of these Pokemon, that they'll look better once we see them in motion, so don't write them off just yet, folks :p

I'm not writing them off at all. They are extremely creative. I just don't really like them. The bear looks too much like a plush toy wearing a tiara while the other thing is a dirty rag. They do have their charm, but they are definitely my least favorites so far. Hopefully, the rag will be useful in battle. Maybe it's ability allows it to copy types or something. Being a ghost types gives it WOW potential and ghost/fairy is a decent defensive typing as well. Hopefully it becomes like a mix between klefki and sableye...

B. Thunder Tiger

Who says it is a dead pikachu? ;) It only disguises itself as a pikachu

Nah, Its actually using the skin of a real Pikachu. Yeah, I know, that's really macabre.

That said, I love these designs. They're out of this world, and unique to a point you don't expect. I had to blink twice to be sure if I was looking at a fan sketch of Pikachu or a actual Pokémon.

Leosnake

It looks like CoroCoro is making Rockruff the definitive Alola Pokemon. (The mascot if you will.)

The first blurb is just saying how there are a mass of new and different pokemon on the Alola Islands.

The second is Rockruff giving a talking point about the new stuff.

Oh that's cool. Personally I don't mind if Rockruff becomes the mascot this gen.

MartiniTheDratini

I'm not writing them off at all. They are extremely creative. I just don't really like them. The bear looks too much like a plush toy wearing a tiara while the other thing is a dirty rag. They do have their charm, but they are definitely my least favorites so far. Hopefully, the rag will be useful in battle. Maybe it's ability allows it to copy types or something. Being a ghost types gives it WOW potential and ghost/fairy is a decent defensive typing as well. Hopefully it becomes like a mix between klefki and sableye...

I wasn't talking about you specifically, and I'm not saying you have to like these designs. That's why I said I feel like they will probably look better in motion, because I can understand why people wouldn't like the designs as presented in Coro Coro. I just feel like, the personality of these Pokemon will really come out once we see them in battle.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
So the bear's actually really freaking big at 6'11", and thus goes from "Oh dear lord what even is this care bear nonsense" to "Oh dear lord, we don't want you here Freddy Fazbear."

Blanketchu's eyes are on the belly of the blanket, and with a name implying mimicry, could be interesting.

Orphalesion

OMG! OMG! O! M! G!

I love those two new pokemon! Never thought I'd see the day a Normal/Fighting mon would interest me, but here we have Lethal Hugs Bear! I think it will be a standalone, but gee, can you imagine how freaking cute its pre-evolution would be?

And I ADORE Mimikkyu! It has exactly the combination of cute and eerie that is embodied in many fairy legends. Love the badly made Pikachu outfit, though I'm hoping somewhat that it has a few more variations, like Flabebe and Vivillion.

Holy karp, Pikacostume makes me so happy. Now can people stop complaining about Fairies all being 'beautiful/feminine/pink/etc' (not that any of those are bad things, they're just weak themes for a typing).

inb4 somebody calls Mimikkyu an "exception"

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
I already love Kiteruguma, it looks like a giant marshmallow/pillow and I immediately want a plush toy of it.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
I like them. The bear is adorable :3. Let me have three please

Status
Not open for further replies.