• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Definitely a good idea. This site's main page is very good about providing details as official sources provide them.
The main site is really helpful. That what I like about Serebii. So, who likes our red panda Pokémon?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I absolutely love how Kiteruguma is based on a Red Panda! One of my favorite animals, so obviously I will want to be using it in one of my playthroughs. Normal/Fighting type is also a very good typing too, only being weak to a few types and being immune to ghost.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Being immune to Ghost is good. Heck, anytime a Pokémon has an immunity to something, it's good. That's why a Normal/Ghost Pokémon would be pretty sweet (but possibly broken).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's not a red panda.... red pandas are cute. That thing is just..... ugly. Where are you even getting that from? It looks like a carebear to me.

Mimikkyu on the other hand is awesome.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Being immune to Ghost is good. Heck, anytime a Pokémon has an immunity to something, it's good. That's why a Normal/Ghost Pokémon would be pretty sweet (but possibly broken).

It would still have a Dark weakness, so it wouldn't be completely broken in that regard. Plenty of Pokémon only have one weakness. Besides that, it only gets to be super effective on Ghost and Psychic, so again, I don't really think it would be that broken.

It's not a red panda.... red pandas are cute. That thing is just..... ugly. Where are you even getting that from? It looks like a carebear to me.

You can tell it's a red panda from the coloration, the white crown/ears, and especially the tail.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins

Mimikkyu on the other hand is awesome.
A Pokémon doesn't have to be cute. Some of the coloration is based on a Red Panda. Granted, it also seems to be based on a bear too. But there are more posts with the Red Panda thing a couple of pages back.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
It would still have a Dark weakness, so it wouldn't be completely broken in that regard. Plenty of Pokémon only have one weakness. Besides that, it only gets to be super effective on Ghost and Psychic, so again, I don't really think it would be that broken.
True there. Electric only has one weakness. I have a good understanding of the type chart but would a Normal/Ghost Pokémon have three immunities? Am I right about that? Sometimes I get types mixed up hahaha...
Edit: Oops, didn't mean to double post O_O

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I like the idea of doodlechu evolving with happyness and becoming a bright colorful modernized pikachuish thing, to represent it being loved.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Doodlechu? Hahaha, I love that. You deserve a plate of Internet cookies. But yeah, your idea for an evolution is nice~ Very heartwarming idea.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
True there. Electric only has one weakness. I have a good understanding of the type chart but would a Normal/Ghost Pokémon have three immunities? Am I right about that? Sometimes I get types mixed up hahaha...
Edit: Oops, didn't mean to double post O_O

No, you're right in that it would have three immunities. But hey, so does this new guy, Mimikkyu, and so do Rotom, Sableye, and Spiritomb. It's not too insane if it's not too powerful stat-wise. Hell, Shedinja's got 13 immunities or something, lol.

I've been hoping for a Ghost/Fairy with Levitate (Mega Mimagius?) for 4 immunities.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I like the idea of doodlechu evolving with happyness and becoming a bright colorful modernized pikachuish thing, to represent it being loved.

Doodlechu is alright, but everyone knows it should be named Pikaboo.

Orphalesion

The main site is really helpful. That what I like about Serebii. So, who likes our red panda Pokémon?

I wanna hug it! :-D Also I think it combine features of red pandas and actual bears, mainly the size part...

With leaks, I always like to read them because it can be very entertaining to play at taking them serious and run with the often wild ideas they propose. And if one turns out to be right somewhen down the road (unlikely) it's even more fun.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
No, you're right in that it would have three immunities. But hey, so does this new guy, Mimikkyu, and so do Rotom, Sableye, and Spiritomb. It's not too insane if it's not too powerful stat-wise. Hell, Shedinja's got 13 immunities or something, lol.

I've been hoping for a Ghost/Fairy with Levitate (Mega Mimagius?) for 4 immunities.
Phew, okay. Thank you for checking. Yeah, Shedinja has the most resistances ever. Of course, if you removed that ability or attack with a move it is weak to... Muwhahaha. A Mega Mismagius would be great~

WolfCypher

Is it strange that I don't feel one way or the other about Kiteruguma?

Absolutely not, I'm kinda in that boat, too. It doesn't look that great design wise to me, personally, plus we have enough bears and cats already. And personally, I've never been a fan of the too strong for their own good/Too dumb to realize how strong they are (Baby Huey) gimmick. I'm NOT SAYING that's the route GF went, but that was my 1st impression of it...

So...you aren't wrong for liking it, hating it, or being meh towards it...

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
I wanna hug it! :-D Also I think it combine features of red pandas and actual bears, mainly the size part...

With leaks, I always like to read them because it can be very entertaining to play at taking them serious and run with the often wild ideas they propose. And if one turns out to be right somewhen down the road (unlikely) it's even more fun.
Kiteruguma is definitely based on both~ I'll hug it. I do read leaks because they are fun to discuss but I still don't put much stock into them. Take them with a grain of salt, that's my motto~

Status
Not open for further replies.