• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So do guys think Mimikyu is the pikaclone of this generation? They seems only tangentially related and Mimikyu has none of the traits of a pikaclone.

I doubt it. Not only do we already have Togedemaru, but Mimikyu is completely different from a Pika-clone. The most important differentiating factor is that Mimikyu is only disguised as Pikachu. It doesn't actually look like it.

That could be a potential evo. It goes from Pikachu-costume to Substitute Doll costume retaining Disguise. Hitting it with an attack makes its disguise bust and we see its actual body. That would be a cool evo idea.

Don't you think that would kind of ruin the story behind Mimkyu though? Its entire point is that it's trying gain acceptance by dressing as Pikachu. A substitute doll would not help it achieve this goal. Besides, Mimkyu really has no relation to a substitute doll, so why would it evolve into one?

Chimchar15

If you guys had to pick just one favorite per patch revealed, which one was the stand-out favorite? This obviously isn't worth creating
a whole thread for.

Batch 1: Rowlet, Litten, Popplio

Batch 2: Solgaleo, Lunala

Batch 3: Pikipek, Yungoos, Grubbin

Batch 4: Komala, Rockruff

Batch 5: Tapu Koko, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Drampa, Cutiefly, Bruxish, Togedemaru

Batch 6: Bewear, Mimikyu

Batch 7: Bounsweet, Comfey, Mudsdale, Wimpod

I excluded Salandit and Magerna because they were stand-alone reveals.

1: Litten, 2: Solgaleo, 3: Pikipek, 4: Komala, 5: Vikavolt, 6: Bewear, and 7: Mudsdale. I'm really liking this gen so far design wise and so far I have 4 Pokemon I want to use on my team Litten, Komala, Vikavolt, and Mudsdale.

I love how anti-meta this generation is looking.
Think of some of the top-tier Pokemon and why they're so strong.
Mudsdale completely destroys Mega-Kang with its ability. You can't even use mega-kang if this thing is in the opponent's party because all they have to do is switch in and they'll be at double defense.

Imagine pairing it with a with a Skill Linker in doubles. One rock blast and you've got it at 3.5x defence.

You've got Komala which can switch in on nearly any status move and Mimikyu which can switch in on any attacking move and even then still has three immunities.
Imagine if Komala gained grass-type upon evolution, making it immune to 2 of the 3 main sleep-inducing moves in the meta.

Salandit can put toxic on the bulky steel-types, Bruxish destroys prankster and gale wings (and now Triage healing moves, too).

Can't wait for the early-gen competitive scene it's going to be chaos! Hope they sprinkle some of these new abilities to older Pokemon.

Actually, seeing as Dazzling is known as 'Vivid Body' in Japan, it will most likely not effect priority moves not being used on the Pokémon, like a Comfey's Synthesis.

Zealot

All I care about right now is Mimikyu

Grim712

'New Guy'
I hope Mimikyu get it's own fake Light Ball item to complete the disguise... actually no... that might be too cute and heartbreaking... why must Gamefreak tear me apart like this?!

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Do any of you think that Mudsdale or Drampa could be the pseudos of this region (or perhaps they both are similar to gen 3 having 2 pseudos)?

They both seem like they could have two prior forms.

sheld999

Do any of you think that Mudsdale or Drampa could be the pseudos of this region (or perhaps they both are similar to gen 3 having 2 pseudos)?

They both seem like they could have two prior forms.

ill think drampa will have 2 pre evos

mudsdale will prob have 1 pre evo

Achernar

star-mapping pro
Mudsdale doesn't have that "aura" of a pseulolegendary. More like a Camerupt of this gen.

Anyway, at this rate, there could be more than 120 new pokemon for sun and moon with the amount they have been revealing. There seems to be a pattern, the odd numbered gens tend to release a lot more new pokemon than the even numbered gens.

sheld999

Mudsdale doesn't have that "aura" of a pseulolegendary. More like a Camerupt of this gen.

Anyway, at this rate, there could be more than 120 new pokemon for sun and moon with the amount they have been revealing. There seems to be a pattern, the odd numbered gens tend to release a lot more new pokemon than the even numbered gens.

well one of the reasons gen 6 had less pokemon was they had to make all the other pokemon into 3d models. while this time they dont need to do that so they have more time to make gen 7 pokemon

Could mimikyu be pokemon moon exclusive?

If it was, it'd probably of been revealed to be so as of now. IIRC nearly every Pokémon (and every Pokémon in XY) that was version exclusive was confirmed to be so when revealed, with the possible exception of Braviary if I'm thinking right: but even then, Gothitelle/Reuniclus and Petlil/Cottonee were confirmed exclusives when revealed.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!

Aura? I'm not sure I understand. Goodra was very different from the past pseudos.

Achernar

star-mapping pro
If it was, it'd probably of been revealed to be so as of now. IIRC nearly every Pokémon (and every Pokémon in XY) that was version exclusive was confirmed to be so when revealed, with the possible exception of Braviary if I'm thinking right: but even then, Gothitelle/Reuniclus and Petlil/Cottonee were confirmed exclusives when revealed.

Skrelp and Clauncher weren't revealed to be version exclusives the first time they were announced.

Aura? I'm not sure I understand. Goodra was very different from the past pseudos.

I agree with Achernar that I don't believe Mudsdale to be a pseudolegendary. Most pseudos seem very independent and tend to do their own thing. Mudsdale's flavor text makes it sound like it is a somewhat common pokémon to own, with doesn't really fit with how pseudos are legendary described. However you do have a point that Goodra is very different from the rest in that regard.

I could of course be wrong, but I don't see anything indicating it will be more than just a huge physically strong pokémon.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer

Mudsdale doesn't feel like a Pseudo to me, especially considering the info we have on it. If a pokemon is used for domestic purpose, then probably it isn't a Pseudo, since its found quite easily.

As for Drampa, it gives me Druddigon vibe.

Normally in the game, Pseudo's are those pokemon which are rare to find and not many NPC characters use them either. Only high level NPC characters like Elite 4, Champion or Post-League Trainer's usually use them.

Also, if i remember correct, Pseudo's Pokemon don't get revealed this early.

Goomy was not revealed before the game release. Nor do i remember Gible and Deino being revealed a long time before the release of the games either.

I'm liking the all the new Pokemon we are being spoon fed of recent. Yesterday's batch are among the best so far IMO. With the amount being revealed I thin there will be at least 100 new Pokemon added in Sun and Moon. (Also it has the best name since Unfezant)
Bewear has a decent design and looks like it will be a fun Pokemon to use in game. Fluffy is an interesting new ability as well but it remains to be seen if it has any real competitive use. Reminds me of Ursaring and Pangoro, will probably be a slow hard hitter.
Initially when I saw Mimikyu I thought it had to be fake as it look like an out of shape Pikachu. But as I found out about it's concept it actually impressed me. With a brilliant typing and ability I can't wait to try this thing when the new games come out.
Now onto the newly revealed Pokemon. Wimpod doesn't really interest me much. Nice to have another Water/bug type and it's cool to see another unique ability be revealed. Nice enough design wise but I don't see myself using it.
Bounsweet I'm okay with. Design is fine. However, I feel it will be something similar to Cherubi and Hoppip. I think it will be good for people who need a grass type early game, but as I am on Team Rowlett I probably won't be using this. Hopefully it gets a cool evolution that gets a different ability.
Comfey is yet another fairy (which I'm fine with). It totally fits the Hawaiian theme that surrounds the Alola Region. It sort of reminds me of a mixture between Klefki and Flabebe. Not to mention that it has an ability which is potentially Broken. If it gets a nice evolution I can see this guy being used both in-game and competitively by many.
Last but certainly not least, is Mudsdale. Mudsdale is my favorite 7th Gen Pokemon so far. Ground type=favorite type, has a great design, great ability, new move and weighs over 2000 pounds. What is not to love. I hope we are able to travel on him!

Galvantula1992

I really like Mudsdale, it looks so cool and yeah, as someone said, Mega Kangaskhan had better watch out!

The one thing we get every gen that hasn't been revealed yet is our regional Electric-type (Mareep, Electrike, Shinx, Blitzle, Helioptile). I'm hoping we get Cubolt (an Electric-type Cheetah cub) revealed soon, most likely no later than the next CoroCoro.

Just for the avoidance of any doubt, due to the amount of leaks going around at the moment, Cubolt is a Pokemon I made up.

sheld999

to me i think there be at least 100+ new pokemon Plus 10 new megas and 3 sychrnoize power up moves

Status
Not open for further replies.