• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andraste

Vulpix and Ninetales have always been my favourite Pokemon, and their new forms look AMAZING. I am really tempted to use them on my team, except I really want to use Mimikyu as well ... maybe I should use Ice/Steel Sandslash instead and save breeding and training my perfect Icetales for the post-game. (Or Pokemon Moon, if I buy both games.)

I hope we see some other interesting typing for Alola Forms. Wasn't there a rumour about a blue Growlithe and/or Arcanine going around a while ago, or was that just wishful thinking from fans? And I'd love to see a flying Rapidash ...

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I hope we see some other interesting typing for Alola Forms. Wasn't there a rumour about a blue Growlithe and/or Arcanine going around a while ago, or was that just wishful thinking from fans? And I'd love to see a flying Rapidash ...
Yep, the guy who leaked Bewear/Alola Forms/the new bird also said there'd be a Water Growlithe/Arcanine.

However, he got Ninetails type wrong (Fire/Fairy instead of Ice/Fairy), so...

The fact that we have a flower mantis Pokémon is just amazing, it's one of the animals I've wanted for the longest time to be a Pokémon ;-;

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
I would love love love for fossils to get alola formes!

fire/steel or poison/steel cradily pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase

I love everything that was shown! vulpix and ninetales look fabulous, sandshrew/slash get cooler ;3

dancer is unique and I actually really love them for coming up with this ability, even if oricorio's stats are bad/its never used. It's not until this ability that I realized just how prevalent dancing moves are. I never really payed attention to the fact that swords dance, dragon dance, and quiver dance all shared dance in their name. I knew it, just never thought about that particular detail.

i wish minior was ghost/rock but after shields down activates I don't guess that typing would fit, though the emoticon within doesn't look rock/flying either.

ooh what if gengar line becomes ghost/rock ? that'd be cool for an alola forme, be great for it to keep levitate but so far alola formes get different abilities so idk.

anywho Z moves look great but the idea/and limit of only using them once leaves me unimpressed. A lot of 'mons won't want to give up one of their slots for a move they can only use once. Unless there will be a 5th/special slot that doesn't take up any of the 4 for it, then that'll be fine.

Yea, I really liked everything shown. Even 'Make alola great again' Gumshoos.

Galvantula1992

I'm kind of concerned that we already have 31 Pokemon revealed. They're revealing an awful lot and we still have 3-and-a-half months to go!

Gizmoa

Yep, the guy who leaked Bewear/Alola Forms/the new bird also said there'd be a Water Growlithe/Arcanine.

However, he got Ninetails type wrong (Fire/Fairy instead of Ice/Fairy), so...

Sounds like he just read the discussion I was in and cherry picked from it and published as a "leak". We also talked about a red fox as a bear pokemon in that same discussion along with the concept of birds with a different form for each island that danced and island vs inland forms with the specific example of vulpix and ninetales... we said ice was ideal, but since it was tropical something like fairy would be more likely. I said I would like to see growlithe with a new form more than vulpix, but that a vulpix new form would be more logical/popular... soooo, yeah. I would say that was all just really predictable, I mean we did predict it all in our conversation, but the fact that he matched our final predictions makes me think he just read it and though "convincing enough" and published it as a "leak"

Last edited:

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Huh, I wonder how we evolve Ice Vulpix.. Water Stone?

Achernar

star-mapping pro
I'm kind of concerned that we already have 31 Pokemon revealed. They're revealing an awful lot and we still have 3-and-a-half months to go!

It worries me too. Especially since most of the chinese leaks are legit, which also said there wont be as much new pokemon as in XY.

Anthea

Now is the time for dratini and nair to be redeemed

Give us alola form dnite that looks like them two. I'm happy ice types are getting more love

Last edited:

Gizmoa

Huh, I wonder how we evolve Ice Vulpix.. Water Stone?

Good thought... it is a form change rather than a species change soooo... maybe? Unless it is still firestone for some weird reason, or a new stone, or who knows... another question, how/can the form be changed?

Nacreous

Fire trainer
This is a fun new way too keep older pokemon in the regional dex without feeling like they're well...old.Maybe we'll get a new type of Zubat.And I kinda want a Steel/Flying Talonflame.That would be cool.

Chaos15

Pokemon Master
My thoughts on the new Pokemon

Oricorio- I like that they are giving different variations to the same Pokemon, it allows almost something for everyone that being said I don't like the designs of any of the birds enough for them to be on my team but the new dancer ability is a good concept.

Gumshoos- this is Donald trump, the design is ugly in my opinion but I can see why other people like it it's just not for me, cool ability and I like the design pairing with the name.

Minior- I love the design and ability for this Pokemon it's simple yet awesome, this would totally be on my team if rockruff wasn't so cool, maybe on my second game.

Fromantis/Lurantis- I love these Pokemon I wish like many other Pokemon that they were part big or part fairy along with grass but you can't always get what you want, the new solar blade move is awesome, I will have this Pokemon on my team.

Mudbray- this is exactly what mudsdale should have for its pre evo, I don't think I will have it on my main game but on my second game for sure the design and ability of this Pokemon is top notch

The new variations of old Pokemon is fantastic, I wonder what they will do next I saw someone say marowak will turn into a fire variation due to the fire captain guys description and I have to agree with that, new idea that I think will be really cool I just hope we don't only get Kanto variation Pokemon.

All in all awesome news dump sun and moon are looking more and more like the greatest generation yet every month.

nuzamaki90

Oh man the official site talks about how Kiawe specializes in Fire-types but has a Marowak!

Fire/Ground Marowak Alola form incoming!!

Aleh

«Last Hope»
I now wonder if we could expect new regional variants in older regions in future remakes, that would be awesome to keep us giving us new forms without having to wait for a new gen, and would also make remakes feel fresh pokemon-wise.

jake279

Ice Master
It worries me too. Especially since most of the chinese leaks are legit, which also said there wont be as much new pokemon as in XY.

Can someone please post a link to this Chinese leak? I'd like to read it if it's been translated. or a summary of it.

Good thought... it is a form change rather than a species change soooo... maybe? Unless it is still firestone for some weird reason, or a new stone, or who knows... another question, how/can the form be changed?

You won't be able to change the forms back and forth. If you catch an ice Vulpix it will stay ice forever, if you catch a fire Vulpix it will stay fire.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
With all these new variants, I fear that this might affect the amount of new Pokemon... again.

DSDark

Breeder
Oh man the official site talks about how Kiawe specializes in Fire-types but has a Marowak!

Fire/Ground Marowak Alola form incoming!!

I noticed that as well, actually posted it a page or so ago, it could just be a pure fire type, or some other combination with fire. I was thinking it could be Fire/Grass

Status
Not open for further replies.