• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thepowaofhax

Jynx was a black hole cross over with a dead frostbitten body originally sooo... ice.

I highly doubt that this is the case. It's design does not even hint to it being a corpse, and even then, it would make more sense for it to be Ice/Ghost if that was the case.

RenanSegretti

Renan Segretti
I'm betting Minior is a pre evolved form of Solrock and Lunatone.
I'll be Bouffalant-Tauros / Alomomola-Luvidisc disapointed if its not!!!

Grenijaed

Some new forms i would like to see are.

Nidorans: Type Water

This branch of Nidoran arose when food became scare on their native island. Forcing them to forage in shallow tidal pools.

Nidorina&Nidorino: Type Water

Moving deeper into the sea, these Pokemon forage inside tropical reefs.

Nidoking&Nidoqueen: Type Water Dragon
These Pokemon are know to protect entire coastlines, violently defending them form abouse

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
I'm betting Minior is a pre evolved form of Solrock and Lunatone.
I'll be Bouffalant-Tauros / Alomomola-Luvidisc disapointed if its not!!!

That is highly unlikely. They're not gonna let a Pokemon with such a cool concept evolve in something that has just one forme.

Orphalesion

I'm sorry, but because it has a smaller, second brain does not mean it is a Psychic-type. After all, we have Florges and Comfey, which should be Grass/Fairy and not just Fairy. It doesn't matter that it "might" not be accurate because it doesn't look like a Grass-type, because it is accurate due to the quite simple fact that no matter what, the Grass-type is the only type that is both weak to fire and resistant to water. Nothing changes this fact. Inkay is Dark/Psychic even though it is based off of a Squid, so why isn't it Water/Psychic? What about Jynx, something that literally doesn't look like an Ice-type.

Florges, to me, imitates flowers rather than being a flower, and still looks very fairy-like. Comfey collects flowers, they are not part of it. Not every aquatic creature has to be water type (look at Stunfisk!) Jynx: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yama-uba

And it doesn't matter what a 20 year old anime episode says. Last time I checked electric attacks still couldn't hurt a Rhyhorn, no matter how much you aim for the horn or such nonsense and making an Onyx wet won't make it weak to electricity either.

Gizmoa

I highly doubt that this is the case. It's design does not even hint to it being a corpse, and even then, it would make more sense for it to be Ice/Ghost if that was the case.

You haven't seen a dead frost bitten corps then(which is a good thing, it is really unpleasant), they turn black and the lips swell bright red(right before death or as the body begins to thaw), the hair is bleached by the sun after death... also there are japanese monsters that look like this that are based on frostbite death... though the black hole alone is enough for it to be ice since it is the absorption of all energy(and matter)... the psychic comes from it holding its remaining body parts and clothing in place. Early animations show the black hole aspects as well as the early sprites to a lesser extent. Jynx got redesigned because the end effect of a black hole with a face floating in front of it did not go over well in some cultures (especially when they got cheep about how they animated it in the anime where they made it look more like a solid black skinned figure than an ethereal form). There were some other influences as well, but the reason for the psychic and the ice are all I'm covering. At the time, I did wonder why it was psychic and not ghost, but that gen also gave us gyarados and psyduck/golduck..."hidden third types" is what we called it back then.

Last edited:

staryu_starmie

Gym Leader Jiz
Anyone think we may be getting a fire type Alolan Marowak - reason being...

"Kiawe is a Trial Captain who specializes in Fire-type Pokémon. Together with his Marowak, he studies the traditional dances that have been passed down in the Alola region. "

Colton S

Beware Bewear
Mudbrey is adorable and I want one so bad!

I really love Oricorio and its alternate forms. This generation just keeps getting more and more spectacular!

Salamandit

These better not be the evo's.. Surely gamefreak isn't going right back to making fire/fighting starters. Coro Coro better reveal at least their first evolutions because I can't handle this right now.

It is fire/dark.

The model is just very bad, and again humanoid.

RenanSegretti

Renan Segretti
That is highly unlikely. They're not gonna let a Pokemon with such a cool concept evolve in something that has just one forme.

maybe if Solrock and Lunatone have "Alolan Forms" too. I mean, I'm sure they will have some kind of importance in these games. They are based literally on the Sun and the Moon.

Thepowaofhax

Florges, to me, imitates flowers rather than being a flower, and still looks very fairy-like. Comfey collects flowers, they are not part of it. Not every aquatic creature has to be water type (look at Stunfisk!) Jynx: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yama-uba

And it doesn't matter what a 20 year old anime episode says. Last time I checked electric attacks still couldn't hurt a Rhyhorn, no matter how much you aim for the horn or such nonsense and making an Onyx wet won't make it weak to electricity either.
I highly doubt Florges is imitating a flower if it literally has a mane of flowers growing on it. Jynx is not based on a Yama-uba either, but rather a type of fashion in Japan called ganguro. Jynx does not look like an Ice-type and shouldn't be one if it is based off of fashion trends. Stunfisk does make sense since it is based off of a Stargazer, which is known to paralyze stuff and hides in the mud underwater. Inkay does not look like nor is based on something that could be a dark-type, so Water/Psychic would make much more sense. Also, you said nothing on the fact that Goomy/Sliggoo do not look like Dragon-types. Another Pokemon with a type that doesn't make sense is Lucario's Fighting/Steel type, which it literally does not look like a Steel-type and has no background information on why it could be one. And before you say it's because of the spikes, then Rampardos should be a Rock/Steel-type.

While yes, the anime does have some stuff like that, it mostly stays with how types works. If something resists water, it will resist water unless they find some ******** excuse to circumvent this rule. This crystal onix being weak to fire and resistant to water means that it has to be Grass-type due to the simple fact that in Gen 1/2, there were no abilities (as the Orange Islands were around the time of Gen 1/2) and have resistances that point to it being a Grass-type. If it is going to appear in the games as an Alolan form, logically it has to be some form of Grass-type.

You haven't seen a dead frost bitten corps then(which is a good thing, it is really unpleasant), they turn black and the lips swell bright red(right before death or as the body begins to thaw), the hair is bleached by the sun after death... also there are japanese monsters that look like this that are based on frostbite death... though the black hole alone is enough for it to be ice since it is the absorption of all energy(and matter)... the psychic comes from it holding its remaining body parts and clothing in place. Early animations show the black hole aspects as well as the early sprites. Jynx got redesigned because the end effect of a black hole with a face floating in front of it did not go over well in some cultures. There were some other influences as well, but the reason for the psychic and the ice are all I'm covering.
Again, if it was a floating face and clothes that came from a corpse, it makes more sense for it to be Ghost/Ice type, and I highly doubt Gamefreak would design a Pokemon that is literally just a corpse. Other disturbing things like Pokemon that were once human, yes, but not actual corpses. Not to mention it's based off of the Ganguro fashion trend in Japan, which has nothing to do with Ice.

Last edited:

Sabre_King

PKMN-Sun-Moon_08-01-16_015.jpg
First before I give my thoughts on all the news I thought I would point this out in case it hasn't been already, but if you look at this picture you can see that the tauros the trainer is riding in the picture is completely different color from a regular tauros. I'm not sure this was spotted yet. Now for my thoughts:
Gumshoos: This looks like a great evo for yungoos, it provides a lot of bulk it looks like but enough for it to be big and take down pokemon. I can't wait to see the stats on this pokemon.
Mudbray: I am happy Mudsdale has pre-evolution form and now I know this guy is definitely going to be on my teqams first run through of the games and I am excited to try him out since X/Y really leaked ground types.
Minior: I am not sure with my thoughts on this pokemon, I mean its an interesting design with interesting forms, but Rockruff will be my main rock type.
Fomantis and Lurantis: My first playthrough I am starting with rowlet, but this line I will use in my Sun game for the grass type it is an interesting grass line, sort surprised this isn't part bug but oh well I am still using it.
Oricorio: Now this is one interesting pokemon having four different types for each island. Out of the four styles I am first gonna try the ghost version and then the fire version since those two designs are my favorite.

Alolan Pokemon: First this is such an awesome idea for bringing back older pokemon and changing their stats up. I cannot wait to see which older pokemon have received new forms because this is such a game changer in my opinion.
Alolan Sandshrew and Sandslash: First please just change the names to snowshrew and snowslash lmao. But these are my favorite not only on types but also bringing back one of my old favorites and turning it into an interesting design, based on its description I can see it being more defensive possibly with a good attack stat.
Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales: The design that caught me most off guard but I am definitely liking the design and type to go with it. My question is how it will now evolve since I doubt a fire stone will work here.
Alolan Exeggutor: Honestly this design doesn't surprise me at all, plus it goes very nice with this region. The only odd thing for me is the whole dragon typing since I'm not sure I see it, but still that's a great design.

Luthor

With all the Alolan forms i'm curious to see how this effects egg breeding. Could lead to some interesting egg moves suddenly being available if these moves can be spread. They might keep the egg moves separate for Alolan forms and non but personally i hope not.

T-Moar

Resident Genwunner
Please BasedGod let Alolan Arcanine be a thing. I really really really want to be able to use Arcanine without having a second Fire-type or ditching Charizard.

Grey Wind

It is fire/dark.

The model is just very bad, and again humanoid.
The concept art doesn't mention types. The only reliable typing we have is Water/Fairy for Popplio, which was mentioned in the Chinese leak.

maybe if Solrock and Lunatone have "Alolan Forms" too. I mean, I'm sure they will have some kind of importance in these games. They are based literally on the Sun and the Moon.
I find that really unlikely, I can't imagine them being given Alolan forms and then two seperate in battle forms on top of that. Seems weird to come up with a new concept for them for the sake of it. I'm really looking forward to seeing Minior's actual evolution though, it's really growing on me and it has a lot of potential to end up with a really cool design.

Thepowaofhax

I find that really unlikely, I can't imagine them being given Alolan forms and then two seperate in battle forms on top of that. Seems weird to come up with a new concept for them for the sake of it. I'm really looking forward to seeing Minior's actual evolution though, it's really growing on me and it has a lot of potential to end up with a really cool design.

It is possible that Minior might not evolve due to the ability, however it would be much more interesting if it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.