• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdude146

I love the idea of Alola Forms for Pokemon I really hope we get more and not just Pokemon from Kanto but Pokemon from all six past regions. Today I was saying to a friend of mine that in Alola the Mareep line could become fire types and their tails light up with a flame inside of the little ball at the end of the tails.

gliscor&yanmega

It's a bit difficult to tell what types possible Alolan Pokemon could be since they really could be anything.

The main thing is the environment. So it's best to think of a Pokemon in a different environment it normally would be. There could be other methods though since it's hard to see anything gain Bug type logically, although Trapinch is seeable I guess, probably still environmemt based though since it probably would be in a Forest.

I am curious to see if any land Pokemon change to sky or sea Pokemon, same case for sky or sea Pokemon changing to each other or land.

Yami Blaze

Beginning Trainer
My problem with all these new pokemon constantly revealed is not that I think they look bad, no not at all.
It is how feeble they look.
How many more insects, birds, pixies and shellfish are we going to get?
Only Mimikyu and Mudsdale I would use from what we 've seen so far.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
My problem with all these new pokemon constantly revealed is not that I think they look bad, no not at all.
In all fairness, nearly all the Pokémon revealed so far are base forms and unevolved.

gliscor&yanmega

Well most still probably have evoultions. So a lot could look less "feeble".
Probably a few more if they want to have a nice balance of different looks.

shac

I dunno what to think of this new Alolan form business. I am not sure if this was necessary. Is Alola just so different form all other regions climate wise that the pokemon completely changed their types. I always felt a pokemon's type is an inherent thing that is absolute and can not changed. It does not seem to be the case. This will take a bit of getting used to.

gliscor&yanmega

I dunno what to think of this new Alolan form business. I am not sure if this was necessary. Is Alola just so different form all other regions climate wise that the pokemon completely changed their types. I always felt a pokemon's type is an inherent thing that is absolute and can not changed. It does not seem to be the case. This will take a bit of getting used to.
In Exeggutor's case it is because of the region, the sunlight is strong in Alola.
As for the others it's more a matter of moving to a new location and adapting, reflects on how real world Animals are.

With the new Alolan forms i wonder if we get crystal onix in this gen?

Julia Artemis

In Exeggutor's case it is because of the region, the sunlight is strong in Alola.
As for the others it's more a matter of moving to a new location and adapting, reflects on how real world Animals are.

I forgot what gen but one of the pokedex entries basically predicted the Alola form to exist. So obviously this is an idea they've been thinking about for awhile. I'm actually fascinated to see if Water Arcanine happens since one it makes sense with Alola being surrounded by water and like Ninetales it's identity is very attached to it's typing so changing that is fascinating I can't wait to see what moves it learns and maybe it will be better with this change. Guessing it will lean Aqua Jet, Brine, Hydro Pump and Muddy Water

Annabelle2012

Christian Trainer
Butterfree was mentioned in the leak right? If so, maybe the Alola form butterfree will look like the pink butterfree from Bye-Bye Butterfree. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you were never able to actually get one in the games, right? Now could be our chance!

Dukkee

I forgot what gen but one of the pokedex entries basically predicted the Alola form to exist. So obviously this is an idea they've been thinking about for awhile. I'm actually fascinated to see if Water Arcanine happens since one it makes sense with Alola being surrounded by water and like Ninetales it's identity is very attached to it's typing so changing that is fascinating I can't wait to see what moves it learns and maybe it will be better with this change. Guessing it will lean Aqua Jet, Brine, Hydro Pump and Muddy Water

I'm guessing you're talking about the entries which say it is originally from the tropics? That would be Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and the remakes.

shac

Just noticed that Kiawe, one trial leaders who specializes in fire pokemon has a marowak for his start pokemon. So marowak will be fire variant in alola?

Julia Artemis

Fire Marowak almost seems a guarantee and I kind of love that idea in all honesty. I'm wondering how many alola varients will we get? I'm guessing between 25-50 of them.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I don't think we'll be seeing Alolan variants of Butterfree or Arcanine seeing as they were both shown to be Alola natives in their regular forms.

rocky505

How about a Steel/Dragon Hydreigon based of it's original design plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.