• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky505

One thing I'm wondering about. What if a Pokemon capable of Mega Evolving gets an Alolan Form? Like Garchomp for example, if they made him a Water/Dragon, would we get an Alolan Mega as well?

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
One thing I'm wondering about. What if a Pokemon capable of Mega Evolving gets an Alolan Form? Like Garchomp for example, if they made him a Water/Dragon, would we get an Alolan Mega as well?

I really get the feeling that these "Alolan" forms are being given to pokemon that will not have Mega-Evolutions- at least in this current release. To make them relevant to the native pokedex whilst not making them team powerhouses

Salamandit

I really hope the Snowman (which was leaked) which is ice/ghost turns out much like Trevenant, a scary looking snowman with teeth, not some cute-thing, really too much pokemon in this last generation are cute-looking, I want more Dragalge's, Trevenants and clawitzers in this generation.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I really hope the Snowman (which was leaked) which is ice/ghost turns out much like Trevenant, a scary looking snowman with teeth, not some cute-thing, really too much pokemon in this last generation are cute-looking, I want more Dragalge's, Trevenants and clawitzers in this generation.

Well considering a majority of Gen 6's dex was Fairy, what else would you expect tbh.

Salamandit

Well considering a majority of Gen 6's dex was Fairy, what else would you expect tbh.

More aromatisse's and gardevoirs actually, which aren't as extremely adorable as flabebe and the new flower-circle pokemon which I really don't care for.

I hope this generation has more dark-types than last generation. With last generation I meant generation 7, not 6 btw.

less cute fairies TBH, I like variation in my types, thank god Alolan fairies seem more varied :p

Yeah, seeing as Fairy both no longer needs to play catch up and has shown greater variety in Alola (we've had cute, such as Comfey, elegant, such as Ninetales, spooky, such as Mimikyu, and BA, like Tapu Koko), I don't think we're going to have an overly cutesy Dex.

EDIT: Is anyone else hoping Alolan Ninetales evolves through Dawn Stone? It'd be awkward if it retained its Fire Stone affinity.

Last edited:
This is by far the best reveal trailer so far. I need these games in my life, TODAY.
Oricorio= It's sort of a gimmick mon, but I like it. I wonder will we be able to change the form or will I have to catch an Oricorio on each of the 4 islands. Personally, I like Sensu style the best. Overall, this is an interesting Pokemon for sure.
Gumshoos= I don't really have too much to say here. Yungoos evolves into standing up Yungoos. I don't love him or hate him, just accept him.
Mudbray= Evolves into the best Alola Pokemon, so it's an instant hit with me. Cool design. However it gives me vibes that it will be a branched evolution i.e. Mudbray can evolve in Mudsdale or Mudonkey (name pending), but maybe that's just me.
Minior= Interesting concept. However I feel as though it's the Carbink of this generation and won't get much love.
Formantis/Lurantis= This pair are really well designed IMO but typing and ability seem like missed opportunities. They dont look like pure grass types to me, but I guess that's my opinion. And Leaf Guard sort of sucks, hopefully it get's a nice hidden ability.

Alola Forms
Exeggutor= Initially I was like WTF, but I like it a little better now. I feel as though we were never supposed to take Exeggutor seriously. But Dragon. How does giving him a long neck and a head on his tail make him a Dragon. (If anyone can think of a reason please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated)
Vulpix/Ninetales= It's not too often I say this, but these things are honestly perfect in my eyes. They are beautiful lol. And Ice/Fairy makes Ninetales a Dragon killing machine. Again, I hope hidden abilities are a thing.
Sandshrew/Sandlash= Again, design perfection IMO. Just a pity about two 4x weaknesses on what will probably be a defensive Pokemon.

The Alola forms have really got me excited, as long as the types can be justified, I am looking forward to see what others are going to be revealed.

Salamandit

Also instead of the ugly shiny-pokemon, I hope they re-work all shiny pokemon with alternative colors that seem less random, ugly and bizar. I like the concept of shiny pokemon, but the colors they use for most pokemon seem out of place, the only shiny I always want and which I think is much better then the real pokemon is the roserade family, I love my roses black and purple. The other pokemon seem like random color swaps.

Orphalesion

I hope this generation has more dark-types than last generation. With last generation I meant generation 7, not 6 btw.

Huh? But this generation is Gen 7 and last gebneration was gen 6. Gen 1: Kanto, Gen 2: Johto, Gen 3: Hoenn, Gen: 4 Sinnoh, Gen 5: Unova, Gen 6: Kalos, Gen 7: Alola. Is there something I'm missing?

More aromatisse's and gardevoirs actually, which aren't as extremely adorable as flabebe and the new flower-circle pokemon which I really don't care for.

Well, we've got Werewolf Rockruff and 'Panthster', both of which are seemingly going to be Dark-Types, and we'll have at least own line that's Dark from the beginning. That's already three, matching Kalos already, sans Yveltal. So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we had about five fully evolved Dark-Types this gen.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
The other pokemon seem like random color swaps.

That's basically what Shiny Pokemon are though. Just rare colored Pokemon.

So we still have at least: 3 Deities, Marshadow, Fossil Pokemon(assuming 2 lines), Pseudo Legendary(Assuming Drampa isn't it), and potentially: 2 evos for Cutiefly, 2 evos for each of the starters, an evo for Rockruff, 1 or 2 pre-evos for Drampa, a pre-evo for Bewear, an evo for Komala, 2 evos for Pikipek, an evo for Salandit, an evo for Bounsweet, and an evo for Wimpod. Totaling that up we have... 29 or 28 unannounced Pokemon. I don't think Bruxish, Mimikyu, Orocario, Minior, Comfey, or Togedemaru will evolve or have pre-evolutions. However, I could be wrong sooo... Also I'm not taking leaked Pokemon into account here.

Salamandit

So we still have at least: 3 Deities, Marshadow, Fossil Pokemon(assuming 2 lines), Pseudo Legendary(Assuming Drampa isn't it), and potentially: 2 evos for Cutiefly, 2 evos for each of the starters, an evo for Rockruff, 1 or 2 pre-evos for Drampa, a pre-evo for Bewear, an evo for Komala, 2 evos for Pikipek, an evo for Salandit, an evo for Bounsweet, and an evo for Wimpod. Totaling that up we have... 29 or 28 unannounced Pokemon. I don't think Bruxish, Mimikyu, Orocario, Minior, Comfey, or Togedemaru will evolve or have pre-evolutions. However, I could be wrong sooo... Also I'm not taking leaked Pokemon into account here.

Well in my opinion shinies could be much better, with alternative colors that are beautiful and actually wanted by many, if I encounter some shiny pokemon sometimes I don't even recognize them as such, and mostly I just kill them as they are so ugly.

The final evolution of Litten is horrible in the Chinese leaks, I don't even want that to become dark, it is a insult to the group.

I feel like Minior will be this Gen's Flabébé, having different colour evos. Also, seeing as gimmick mons seem to be more ready to evolve nowadays (Deerling, Flabébé, Vivillon) I wouldn't be surprised if two out of Mimikyu, Comfey, Orocorio, or Minior have at least one Evo.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Well in my opinion shinies could be much better, with alternative colors that are beautiful and actually wanted by many, if I encounter some shiny pokemon sometimes I don't even recognize them as such, and mostly I just kill them as they are so ugly.

The final evolution of Litten is horrible in the Chinese leaks, I don't even want that to become dark, it is a insult to the group.

Well that's extremely subjective as other people may find Shiny Pokemon you dislike to be great. Plus, they're not meant to be beautiful, they're just meant to be color swaps that are very rare.

Again, subjective. It's very likely to become Dark type and it didn't even start out in the Chinese Leak in the first place. Also, care to elaborate as to how it would be an insult to the group? We literally have worse looking Dark types, just saying.

I feel like Minior will be this Gen's Flabébé, having different colour evos. Also, seeing as gimmick mons seem to be more ready to evolve nowadays (Deerling, Flabébé, Vivillon) I wouldn't be surprised if two out of Mimikyu, Comfey, Orocorio, or Minior have at least one Evo.

I think Minior will be a standalone tbh, I don't know how it's design could be further improved. However that is true, I'm just sitting on the safe side with them being standalones, just until proven otherwise.

Salamandit

Well that's extremely subjective as other people may find Shiny Pokemon you dislike to be great. Plus, they're not meant to be beautiful, they're just meant to be color swaps that are very rare.

Again, subjective. It's very likely to become Dark type and it didn't even start out in the Chinese Leak in the first place. Also, care to elaborate as to how it would be an insult to the group? We literally have worse looking Dark types, just saying.

I think Minior will be a standalone tbh, I don't know how it's design could be further improved. However that is true, I'm just sitting on the safe side with them being standalones, just until proven otherwise.

http://pm1.narvii.com/5761/c49e44272590113197b0707f5bd64836d02129e6_hq.jpg

I don't see one pokemon on there that I dislike myself, maybe most people hate the skunk because it is a skunk, but I like it. The tiger however looks very out of place, and another fire starter who ends standing on his/her hind legs and who is very muscled and manly, no thank you, so for me personally it is the worst dark pokemon of all so far. I am happy they made the water and grass starters final evolutions into something awesome, but the fire starter is the worst again, so far I only really liked the Fire Fox starters, in all other generations I went with other starters as the fire ones were the least attractive of the bunch.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
http://pm1.narvii.com/5761/c49e44272590113197b0707f5bd64836d02129e6_hq.jpg

I don't see one pokemon on there that I dislike myself, maybe most people hate the skunk because it is a skunk, but I like it. The tiger however looks very out of place, and another fire starter who ends standing on his/her hind legs and who is very muscled and manly, no thank you, so for me personally it is the worst dark pokemon of all so far. I am happy they made the water and grass starters final evolutions into something awesome, but the fire starter is the worst again, so far I only really liked the Fire Fox starters, in all other generations I went with other starters as the fire ones were the least attractive of the bunch.

omg I'm laughing so hard rn because I actually made that wallpaper x)

However, that's still subjective. I myself don't find the Vullaby line appealing at all, in fact they're one of my least favorite Pokemon out there. Same with Purrloin and Liepard, I actually could care less about them and the Scraggy line isn't all that great either. Again it's my opinion here. I don't see an issue with Litten3, in fact, I think it's a nice change from the 'evil and intimidating' dark types we usually seem to get. Litten3 seems to be more mischievous and tricky. Kind of like how Greninja is, it's not intimidating or made out to be evil, it's just very sneaky and obviously, ninja-like.

Leosnake

The leak art of the final evos are older than the other leaks. But a lucky guess on the exact shape of a character is really unlikely, imo the final evos are true at this point, the rest we need to wait.

I sure hope so and I honestly didn't know that the rest came later. I thought it was all written on the same leak hence my doubt and long winded reply.

Exeggutor is based off the Dragon Palm tree (Dracaena marginata) that tourists are obsessed with.. or so I've heard. Mostly because they are large and bend and twist, like.. you guessed it! A dragon.

This. Also I think it is pretty obiovus that the Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales are Artic foxes and Alolan Sandshrew and Sandslash Artic shrews.

I don't think we'll be seeing Alolan variants of Butterfree or Arcanine seeing as they were both shown to be Alola natives in their regular forms.

To be fair after I wrote my initial doubts about the water Arcanine my Boyfriend over Teamspeak pointed out that the Game development team could have just been using the regular Arcanine for the fight program wise before putting the final model in game. (Hence they had that as the wild encounter and not Growlithe). Or despite what the leak says might have made it so you can catch both in different areas of the game.

Since from what I have read the same leak with the water Arcanine also had Ninetales as becoming Fire/Fairy rather than Ice or something like that. Every legitimate leak has had something accidentally not quiet right or deliberate to try and hide the fact they have leaked the real thing for legal reasons. From what I understand anyway.

Also because of where the Butterfree is it could have been a Poke bank job. Possibly from the virtual Red and Blue since they will be transferable into Sun and Moon.

Last edited:

Achernar

star-mapping pro
I like all the revealed new pokemon. Even the Alolan forms, they are quite catchy, much, much better than mega evos. Alolan Forms >>>>>> Mega Evolutions. No details still if there are megas in S/M but I really really hope they would not be present for this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.