• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Wind

I think Minior will be a standalone tbh, I don't know how it's design could be further improved. However that is true, I'm just sitting on the safe side with them being standalones, just until proven otherwise.
I dunno, it definitely looks like it'll evolve to me. It's name seems to come from mini or junior too, so I think a maxi/senior evolution is pretty likely.

I like all the revealed new pokemon. Even the Alolan forms, they are quite catchy, much, much better than mega evos. Alolan Forms >>>>>> Mega Evolutions. No details still if there are megas in S/M but I really really hope they would not be present for this gen.
The bracelets have a spot for key stones, it's coming back.

DFang

27yr old Pokefan
I really get the feeling that these "Alolan" forms are being given to pokemon that will not have Mega-Evolutions- at least in this current release. To make them relevant to the native pokedex whilst not making them team powerhouses

Except that the Abra line is rumored to receive a fighting Alolan form.

Salamandit

omg I'm laughing so hard rn because I actually made that wallpaper x)

However, that's still subjective. I myself don't find the Vullaby line appealing at all, in fact they're one of my least favorite Pokemon out there. Same with Purrloin and Liepard, I actually could care less about them and the Scraggy line isn't all that great either. Again it's my opinion here. I don't see an issue with Litten3, in fact, I think it's a nice change from the 'evil and intimidating' dark types we usually seem to get. Litten3 seems to be more mischievous and tricky. Kind of like how Greninja is, it's not intimidating or made out to be evil, it's just very sneaky and obviously, ninja-like.

Lol, Liepard and the Vultures are among my favorite pokemon. This new fire starter tries to hard to be manly and evil. And its model is stupid, reminds me of my least favorite pokemon, the two fighters with close from 5th generation. Sawk?

Also if we get these alternative pokemon from gen 1 anyway, then I really hope on a Normal/Ice snow-leopard Persian or Liepard.

Last edited:

Crystal Power

So, i guess everyone can agree that atleast the Alolan Exeggutor is actually an old design, considering that we had seen it before back in 1997 on the cover of the Japanese "Jungle (TCG)".

[IMG139]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/4/42/JPJungleBoosterbox_1.jpg[/IMG139]

Also, isn't Mimikyu said to be based off some failed Pikachu merchandise from 20 years ago? Or was that just made up?

If it's right, it seems like they are bringing up past things from the franchise to commemorate the 20th year anniversary perhaps???

Dragon Pulse

I'd like to see a Water-type Alolan Growlithe that would eventually evolve into a Water/Dragon Alolan Arcanine, parallel to Alolan Vulpix's line. I'd find it interesting too if they made Alolan forms of starter Pokémon. Imagine a Water/Dragon Alolan Charizard or a Fire-type Alolan Blastoise!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I think an Alolan form is the perfect opportunity for them to introduce a Bug/Dragon Flygon. It just makes so much sense!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Also, isn't Mimikyu said to be based off some failed Pikachu merchandise from 20 years ago? Or was that just made up?

That's just in-universe fluff.

But it obviously refers to the 1996 Pokémon boom.

Fresco

Fresh Out The Oven.
Anyone else surprised that Lurantis isn't part Bug-Type?! It's gorgeous though! Definitely has a spot on my team.

Also, how will Alolan Vulpix evolve? Not sure how appropriate a Fire Stone would be as Alolan Ninetales is Ice/Fairy. Maybe through a Shiny Stone? It makes Pokémon that evolve through extra gorgeous/fabulous...also has a strong connection to the Fairy-Type as all the Pokémon that evolve through it are either part Fairy or in the Fairy Egg Group.

Salamandit

Anyone else surprised that Lurantis isn't part Bug-Type?! It's gorgeous though! Definitely has a spot on my team.

Also, how will Alolan Vulpix evolve? Not sure how appropriate a Fire Stone would be as Alolan Ninetales is Ice/Fairy. Maybe through a Shiny Stone? It makes Pokémon that evolve through extra gorgeous/fabulous...also has a strong connection to the Fairy-Type as all the Pokémon that evolve through it are either part Fairy or in the Fairy Egg Group.

Many people seem to find that odd, spare for one person, who said it is actually a plant which fakes being a bug, why would any plant do that? Plant/Fairy or PLant/Bug or Bug/Fairy would have been perfect for it.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Many people seem to find that odd, spare for one person, who said it is actually a plant which fakes being a bug, why would any plant do that? Plant/Fairy or PLant/Bug or Bug/Fairy would have been perfect for it.

It's not just one person saying that. Lurantis is based on an orchid mantis, which is a bug that mimics a plant. GF took the ironic route and made the pokemon a plant that mimics a bug. We already got plenty new bug and fairy pokemon, I think the concept is great.

Fresco

Fresh Out The Oven.

Agreed. It's based off the orchid mantis which is a bug that pretends to be a flower. Bug/Fairy with Leaf Guard and a moveset similar to Florges, with lots of different Grass-Type moves would have been slightly more fitting than pure Grass. Oh well, it's design is still awesome.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
I am very intrigued by Alolan forms. Imagine, Electic variations near the power plant, ground/rock variations near desert areas, fire variations near the craggy, volcanic area. The possibilities are astounding!

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Wasn't there an ice snorlax snowman before in the anime? I think it was pikachu's winter vacation?

There was and I have to say that I'd love to see snowy Snorlax, in game.

Or the crystal Onix.

Akashin

Agreed. It's based off the orchid mantis which is a bug that pretends to be a flower. Bug/Fairy with Leaf Guard and a moveset similar to Florges, with lots of different Grass-Type moves would have been slightly more fitting than pure Grass. Oh well, it's design is still awesome.

Err, no. If it was an orchid mantis, it would have been pure Bug (or not, but theoretically it should've been). The whole point is that it's a deliberate inversion of the concept; where the orchid mantis is a bug that plays at being a plant, Lurantis is a plant that plays at being a bug. Therefore, pure Grass, because there's nothing actually Bug about it (in the same way that there's nothing Grass about Sudowoodo, to give a Pokemon example).

dukemon22

Err, no. If it was an orchid mantis, it would have been pure Bug (or not, but theoretically it should've been). The whole point is that it's a deliberate inversion of the concept; where the orchid mantis is a bug that plays at being a plant, Lurantis is a plant that plays at being a bug. Therefore, pure Grass, because there's nothing actually Bug about it (in the same way that there's nothing Grass about Sudowoodo, to give a Pokemon example).

They didn't say it, and so I guess it's not the case, but Bounsweet looks like a fitting first stage for both Fomantis and Lurantis. (And the fact that all 3 are grass, have Leaf Guard, and that Lurantis has an alluring scent.)

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
They didn't say it, and so I guess it's not the case, but Bounsweet looks like a fitting first stage for both Fomantis and Lurantis. (And the fact that all 3 are grass, have Leaf Guard, and that Lurantis has an alluring scent.)

Fomantis' name means quite literally faux-mantis. A fake mantis. They don't have to explicitly state it to make it obvious.

Also Bounsweet looks nothing like them + it's entirely different conceptually. Bounsweet is a mangosteen.

esquilo09

I'm expecting more popular Pokémon getting variants, unless they're going down the list of generations.

I agree, I believe more popular Pokémons who don't have a mega evo will have variants, such as Weavile, Flygon and Hawlucha maybe?

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Here's to hoping Bouncweet bounces upside down upon evolution and it's white daiper ignites on fire... grass/fire typing please!

Status
Not open for further replies.