• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABC595

Qwilfish, Castform, and Carbink are sad now :p

But yeah, Cutiefly's more than likely getting an evolution. There's maybe 5 standalone Bug-types, and 4 Fairy-types.
Carbink arguably sorta does, and castform does get the form change.
And isn't Qwilfish get much bigger when blown up :p

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Oahu - Yellow - Melemele - Pom-Pom Style
Maui - Pink - Akala - Pa'u Style
Hawaii - Red - Ulaula - Baile Style
Kauai - Purple - Poni - Sensu Style

So it's kind of weird then that they're using Baile style as the "main" Oricorio. Since it's not the first one or the Hawaiian one.

That logic would also mean the other islands will have guardians of Ghost, Fire, and Psychic. But there's no confirmation of what the other guardians types are.

I thought the other guardians were Water, Fire, and Grass? Or at least I seem to recall some hint toward that.

Last edited:

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
I thought the other guardians were Water, Fire, and Grass? Or at least I seem to recall some hint toward that.

I'm 90% sure that was entirely speculation based on past hints to the gen 1 games + the first island is Yellow + 20th anniversary. :3c

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
It could stay fluffy and cute. We already have intimidating Beedrill and Vespiquen.

It better stay cute or else all that adorable fan art is ruined! Ruined I say!

I am also sad that there are no hummingbirds in Hawaii because that is a pokemon I have wanted for a very long time. So I guess at the moment Cutiefly is the closest thing we have to one.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I am going to level with you, if Cutiefly in any way resembles that when it evolves it is moving from my must use pile to the maybe section. Its adorable relationship with togedemaru will be ruined!

Agreed. I'd like Cutiefly to remain cute in its evolution line. I've heard someone mentioning Brutiefly which made sense, but I'm not fond of evolution lines such as Glaemow, turning into Purugly. It is just adorable.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
So it's kind of weird then that they're using Baile style as the "main" Oricorio. Since it's not the first one or the Hawaiian one.

I could see them trying to get away from electric being the main thing for everything in these previews. It's been tapu koko - electric, hala - electric, first island is melele = yellow
I think electric has the most types released too at 5, but I havent counted the other types.
Also Pikachu is in everything and he's electric.
They're pretty much showing everything yellow, so to switch it up I like that Baile is the main one they're using for Oricorio.

I love yellow a lot too

Burningocean2012

Veteran Trainer
I really like all of them now,I wonder what we will see on the 12th?The removal of Gyms and the Pokemon League challenge is an intersting shakeup,i also like the removal of most if not all hms.

DSDark

Breeder
Agreed. I'd like Cutiefly to remain cute in its evolution line. I've heard someone mentioning Brutiefly which made sense, but I'm not fond of evolution lines such as Glaemow, turning into Purugly. It is just adorable.

I would definitely like Cutiefly to stay cute. I really like Cutiefly's design and I'd love for them to farther that design.

goodpeople25

It never was, it got outshorted by a gen 1 pokemon, (and if you bring up the rest of diglett not being counted, there's still natu)

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Would have like the other guardians to be Grass/Fairy, Fire/Fairy and Water/Fairy because I love to see them cover all four basic types. Plus those three would share primary type with starters. Although I wouldn't mind a Ghost/Fairy and Psychic/Fairy guardians.

Orphalesion

I am also sad that there are no hummingbirds in Hawaii because that is a pokemon I have wanted for a very long time. So I guess at the moment Cutiefly is the closest thing we have to one.

It don't matter that Hawaii doesn't have humming birds. France doesn't have pandas either. New York has no zebras....Japan has no giraffes...and Hawaii doesn't have koalas either. So we could still theoretically get a humming bird this generation.

It don't matter that Hawaii doesn't have humming birds. France doesn't have pandas either. New York has no zebras....Japan has no giraffes...and Hawaii doesn't have koalas either. So we could still theoretically get a humming bird this generation.

I feel as if people are taking the fact that we're getting some Hawaiian species/customs represented as Pokémon (Lei, a Hawaiian Honeycreeper... A Hula Hawaiin Honeycreeper) as 'we can't get non-Hawaiian species as Pokémon', which is already untrue.

Although TBH, I feel like if Cutiefly evolves into a Hummingbird Hawkmoth, it needs a hummingbird Pokémon to mimic, I mean it already has bees to mimic as a bee fly.

PokeAJ

What are people's top 5 new Pokemon designs so far? I'm including the final evo leaks in my list because there's like a 1% chance they're fake at this point.

1. Rowlet 3
2. Oricorio (Baile and Sensu are tied for my fav form)
3. Lunala
4. Salandit
5. Rockruff

5 least favs would be Litten 3, Bruxish, Bewear, Togedemaru, and Bounsweet (cause it's just a cherry with a face and we already have one!).

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
What are people's top 5 new Pokemon designs so far? I'm including the final evo leaks in my list because there's like a 1% chance they're fake at this point.

1. Rowlet 3
2. Oricorio (Baile and Sensu are tied for my fav form)
3. Lunala
4. Salandit
5. Rockruff

5 least favs would be Litten 3, Bruxish, Bewear, Togedemaru, and Bounsweet (cause it's just a cherry with a face and we already have one!).

What do you mean that they are 1% fake? Those evolutions of the starters are not confirmed so they are not considered real yet.

What do you mean that they are 1% fake? Those evolutions of the starters are not confirmed so they are not considered real yet.

Mallow is literally right there dude. Beside Litten3.

Also, Top 5 Designs:

1) Sensu Style Oricorio
2) Popplio3
3) Lurantis
4) Cutiefly
5) Rowlet3

Last edited:
Doesn't mean the evolutions are real. Only Game Freak confirms the evolutions of the starters.

It kinda does, or at least heavily implies it. Mallow is there, before she was shown to the public, ergo the rest of the art logically follows suit.

Macabrelicious

It kinda does, or at least heavily implies it. Mallow is there, before she was shown to the public, ergo the rest of the art logically follows suit.

That user isn't convinced by the leaked 'evidence' we have so far so don't bother

Bounsweet is a purple mangosteen though

2009-09-25-NBarksdale-mangosteen.jpg

My top five:
1. Cutiefly
2. Lurantis
3. Rowlet
4. Bounsweet
5. Tapu Koko

Honorable mention: Mimikyu

I have a strange soft spot for Minior too

Status
Not open for further replies.