• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
*sigh* No new Ice type Pokémon.
But what the Muk they made a new sandcastle Pokémon instead of giving Alolan Muk that privilege. Whatever, I only like them because I've been waiting for a sandcastle Pokémon. Hopefully they're more defensive (albeit slower than) than Golett and Golurk.

Shirodesuna is nothing else but an abomination. It's like someone, somewhere in Japan just decided "Hey, let's just stop trying to give them cool designs and just f* up everything. I'm kinda sad.

Aw come on, why you gotta be like that? Sure it's goofy looking, but why is that a bad thing? Besides, even if its regular appearance is goofy it can still be epic in battle. I can easily picture someone attacking it on a beach only for it to fade into the sand. The Pokemon crashes into the ground and tries to find the castle but can't because it's the perfect camouflage. It's not just hiding in the sand, it IS the sand, so at any time it can just pop back up and ensnare the opponent. That would be a great way to combine the spook factor of a Ghost-type with the brutality of a Ground-type.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
We get odd inanimate object pokemon each gen, I don't get why some people still aren't over that. I mean, if you don't like it, you don't like it,

but
Shirodesuna is nothing else but an abomination. It's like someone, somewhere in Japan just decided "Hey, let's just stop trying to give them cool designs and just f* up everything. I'm kinda sad.

Come on, this is nonsense.

Elementman-Novapoke

Hoping that Yowashi (Yo, it's your boy Washi) has some interesting mechanic behind it regarding its form change.

Something I'm thinking about (and will probably not happen) is that you catch the singular Yowashi in the wild, but once you catch more and more, you have the ability to 'stack' them and create a school of Yowashi that count as an individual 'Mon. Single Yowashi would have high speed, but be pretty frail. School Yowashi would have low(er) speed - I'd imagine it's harder to co-ordinate and navigate an entire school - but higher defence stats.

I could also see School Yowashi being the Water Totem. It could summon Single Yowashi. Then perhaps it'd have a move / ability where it's able to subsume the Single Yowashi into its School. Perhaps that could give it a stat boost (I was initially thinking a +1 in defence, but maybe a random +1 instead?), or even a HP restore (adding the Single Yowashi's remaining HP to the School's remaining HP, up to max [i.e School Yowashi has 80/100 HP, Single Yowashi has 16/16 HP. School Yowashi subsumes, get 16 HP restored to 96/100 HP.])?

Basically, lots of cool stuff could happen with this mon. It probably won't. I quite like it's design regardless, the Single Yowashi moreso than the School Yowashi. It's cute and helpless.

jake279

Ice Master
Muk itself looks very amature so I guess it wouldn't have made a difference.

I don't know, I much prefer Muk's design over the sandcastle's. Plus, if they'd just gone Alolan Muk as ground/ghost then it would have free'd up a place in the pokedex for another new pokemon. If they're gonna introduce Alolan forms then they might as well use them where it's smart to use them. The sandcastle's just seem unnecessary now to me. We could have had ground/ghost Alolan Muk plus another completely new 2 stage pokemon line, instead we just got the sandcastles. I dunno. Whatever.

Navarch

I'm really not a fan of any of the new Pokemon here. They look kind of weird? And I'm open to different Pokemon designs, I really liked Generation V. But these just don't do it for me, I guess. Sort of wish that leaked Pokedex was real now.

I like Bewear's pre-evolution though, it looks good.

ABC595

I wonder if the fish is going to be a kinda merged Pokemon? So if you have 2 out together in a double battle they merge into one with much higher spread, evasiveness, attack, HP ect. That would work really well I IMO.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
That sandcastle creeps me out already... like what the heck?
The fish too.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I wonder if the fish is going to be a kinda merged Pokemon? So if you have 2 out together in a double battle they merge into one with much higher spread, evasiveness, attack, HP ect. That would work really well I IMO.

I think they wouldn't go for that change, as using the same Pokémon in competitions are not permitted. My guess is either it has Stance Change 2.0; using a Protection, or even maybe a Sound Move as it says it calls its allies to transform into School Form, to change its form or auto-switch into form once HP is reduced down to half.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm still wondering how the fish colony form change would work.

It would make sense if you're near or at a large body of water. But what if you're inside a cave, grasslands, or a mountain?
Would a large school of fish just suddenly appear out of nowhere?

Galvantula1992

I find it VERY odd that we haven't had our regional early-game Electric-type revealed yet. I'm still holding out for a cheetah.

Captain America X

I don't know, I much prefer Muk's design over the sandcastle's. Plus, if they'd just gone Alolan Muk as ground/ghost then it would have free'd up a place in the pokedex for another new pokemon. If they're gonna introduce Alolan forms then they might as well use them where it's smart to use them. The sandcastle's just seem unnecessary now to me. We could have had ground/ghost Alolan Muk plus another completely new 2 stage pokemon line, instead we just got the sandcastles. I dunno. Whatever.
Meh,I prefer the new pokemon.More original than slime monster.

We can get rid of Bruxish and make it Alolan Goldeen with water/psychic,we can get rid of Vikavolt and instead make Alolan Beedrill with bug/electric, oh we could also get rid of Mudsdale and make Alolan Rapidash a ground type.They seem unnecessary now with Alolan forms right?

Adding sandcastle pokemon takes the place of a new pokemon but wouldn't adding Alolan Muk take the place of another Alolan pokemon

Last edited:
I'm still wondering how the fish colony form change would work.

It would make sense if you're near or at a large body of water. But what if you're inside a cave, grasslands, or a mountain?
Would a large school of fish just suddenly appear out of nowhere?
That brings up an interesting idea. What if it was environment-based like Secret Power? I think it would be kind of cool if it only went into School Forme when on water or beaches and such. Kind of similar to Burmy, just that it would activate at the start of the battle, and not after it.
If it would be viable is a whole different story though, especially if you take online-play into consideration.

You know, a sand castle is just one of two similar ideas I had a few years ago. I wonder if there's any chance the second one could also come to life as well. The other one was a topiary Pokemon, which would probably be Grass/Ghost. Of course, since we already have our token inanimate object species for the gen I might need to wait for the 8th gen to see topiary...

goodpeople25

I think the turret arms help the sand castle quite a bit for me (something about arms or an equivalent just seems to help inanimate object Pokemon) It's still a bit hard to judge from a still, hopefully movement will redeem it in more people's eyes.

Orphalesion

... I'm pretty sure they were joking.

But anyways, we still have no (new) Ice or Dark Pokémon... Hm.

Yup I was joking :p Though of course that doesn't translate into text.

On the topic of Gen 1 rejects...I still kind of want that tapdancing beetle line that was reworked into Beedrill.

And maybe they'll surprise us with an Ice/Dark cougar?

Salamandit

Yes, all baby-pokemon and pika-clone lovers are sad! Team evil-looking pokemon gained two new faces.

And don't you dare compare the sandcastle ghost to that horrible icecream. A pokemon made from sand is much more needed than some creepy looking icecream, the only object pokemon that really doesn't make sense.

That fish is awesome! A swarm that forms another form = AWESOME. Also the sandcastle could have been perfect with bigger teeth and without the shovel.

I can't wait for black panther persian! And Marowak is ok, but doesn't replace the normal marowak for me personally, I like the ghost type, but not the fire type. Persian and Ninetales are replaced in my pokemon world by their new versions, but Marowak and Sandslash remain ground pokemon for me.

GDK

How do you think the fish will get its second form?

I think it's an ability akin to slow start where every turn the fish is joined with other fishes to from the big one after an amount of turn. However, unlike slow start, switching out doesn't restart the building turns.

Elementman-Novapoke

*sigh* No new Ice type Pokémon.

Although I know that Alolan forms aren't 100% totally brand new (although they will act like it in many respect, I reckon), we've still got four of those! Four new(ish) confirmed Pokémon is still more than some types so far (poor Dark and Poison) - and I'm sure we'll see some new Ice types eventually - they've got to populate that mountain somehow!

~~

FWIW, I compiled a list of types, and how many new Pokémon there are for them. I counted each Oricorio form as separate (because I believe they'll be distinct and you can't change between them), so Flying may seem a bit skewed. The final number also includes Alolan forms*:

Bug 5 0
Dark 0 1
Dragon 1 1
Electric 5 0
Fairy 5 0
Fighting 2 0
Fire 3 1
Flying 7 0
Ghost 5 1
Grass 4 1
Ground 4 0
Ice 0 4
Normal 7 0
Poison 1 0
Psychic 4 0
Rock 2 0
Steel 3 2
Water 4 0

Probably evolutions (i.e Starters keeping their primary typing, at least) not included, just for the sake of keeping it to Pokémon or forms that we know about.

Thoughts?

*highly likely that this is full of errors, since I'm multitasking! Apologies!

Salamandit

Why are people so anti-object pokemon? They are around since gen 1 and they are mostly awesome spare for some bizarre ones like the abomination icecream. The sandcastle isn't even an object but an elemental, sand is an elemental version of earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.