• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thepowaofhax

The sandcastle is so goofy I might just use it. When I very first saw the leaks I thought it was Alolan Muk but I'm glad it's not

I don't think this is a pattern but more importantly, the less "regional X" archetypes we have, the better
Honestly we already have quite a few Electric-types on Melemele that it doesn't really matter. It's likely to be Oricorio from what it looks like.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Serebii said:
18:20: Due to clearer images cropping up, we have a few new descriptions. Nuikoguma is very popular among women and children, and tops the lists of Pokemon people want to meet. It hates being touched and will kick and struggle to resist. It's very powerful, but once it evolves into Bewear it truly gains herculean strength
Sunabaa is a grudge that dwells inside a pile of sand turns into a Pokemon. Truly a terrifying creature
Shirodesuna steals the life force from other Pokemon. Those Pokemon's grudges turn into a new Sunaba. We'll bring more as it comes

Love the description of herculean strength that Bewear gains upon evolution!

Shirodesuna, stealing life force? It seems to me they will be used by Team Skull for sure.

Thepowaofhax

Plenty of ghost 'mons steal life force...Banette, Shedinja, dusclops, the whole chandelure line...

Which pretty much means that Team Skull will be filled with edgelords that use Ghost-types? They better not touch Mimikyu or the potential Ice/Ghost-type. That'd be a.... SNORROR!
*ba dum tss*

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Plenty of ghost 'mons steal life force...Banette, Shedinja, dusclops, the whole chandelure line...

They do. But, Sun and Moon concept involving around life force and then Generation VII introducing a Ghost Pokémon specifically mentioning about it seems much more intriguing to me than others. Hence, related it to Team Skull.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Didn't Hirobyte or somebody say the leaked dex might only be partly right?

For the record I think the whole thing was a sham but IF the thing was partly right, I would not be mad

The list was partly right. All the pokemon that have already been confirmed were there. ;)

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Which pretty much means that Team Skull will be filled with edgelords that use Ghost-types? They better not touch Mimikyu or the potential Ice/Ghost-type. That'd be a.... SNORROR!
*ba dum tss*
You gotta chill with these puns, bruh.

I know that's not really a pun but whatever.

Thepowaofhax

I know that's not really a pun but whatever.

Well, it's a pun on the supposed leaked name of the snowman Pokemon. Likely it's fake due to that pokedex leak being fake.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Well, it's a pun on the supposed leaked name of the snowman Pokemon. Likely it's fake due to that pokedex leak being fake.
I know the pun basis, I was just make a (bad) joke.

... And now that I think about it instead of "bruh" I should've said "burr" or something. Dang it.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I know the pun basis, I was just make a (bad) joke.

... And now that I think about it instead of "bruh" I should've said "burr" or something. Dang it.

lol the puns totally brighten up these forums :p you made me laugh with that one.

Anyways Ash should totally get the sandcastle as said above, it'd be totally new for him for battle style if you ask me.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Agreed. Sunaba totally looks like it could end up on Ash's team (along with Alolan Sandshrew).

I'm really hoping Gorrugla and Crypti are real because I've always wanted the former's typing and the latter's concept could be really interesting.
However, I always imagined Ice/Fighting as a yeti crab.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So we got a new Ground/Ghost line? That is neat. That fish pokemon interests me as it can turn into a bigger fish.

It actually doesn't turn into a bigger fish. If you look closely at it, it actually swims with a lot of other little fish and creates the shape of a bigger fish.

Gizmoa

I see they finally revealed the obligatory sand castle pokemon we all knew was inevitable. I'm glad to see they did it as hexed ground quicksand monster and not another crab or something like that. I think we may have finished with the hawaii tropes... we have 1 hula dancer(though I suspect we may get more), 1 sand castle, 1 lay, and 1 palm/coconut tree.... I guess they could do a barbecue, pig, that tree that burns real well or flotsam/jetsam pokemon still, but those are slightly less tropey.... maybe a rainbow. TBH I hope this is the end of the tropes, I think we have enough now, lol. I would still enjoy some more of the island based natural history pokemon like the island radial form birds (oricorio), triggerfish(bruxish), etc. But I think I have had my fill of the tropey objects :)

Last edited:

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
So... it's like a borg fish, or what? Seems weird that's a form and not an evolution.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So... it's like a borg fish, or what? Seems weird that's a form and not an evolution.

We are Yowashi. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

The reason it's a form change is probably because it has a gimmick based off switching back and forth while in battle or something like that.

I've noticed a lot of people not liking that it's a form change and not an evolution, why is that? Personally I like that it's a form change because it sounds really interesting to me.

landipan

I'm going to name my Bewear Domo-Kun(or chan if I catch a girl), it reminds me of Domo-Kun so much for some reason lol

Status
Not open for further replies.