• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achernar

star-mapping pro
Non-starter water pokemon species so far: Bruxish, Wimpod, Namakobushi, Yowashi. And also the rumored Dolphin.

Hopefully more water pokemon, possibly at par with gen 3.

Andraste

It's pretty cute! Looking forward to finding out its typing, and what it evolves into (if anything.) Mostly, though, I'm excited because this means the dolphin rumours might be true at last!

I'd always hoped that an eventual dolphin Pokemon would be Water/Psychic, but with Bruxish around that seems unlikely. Unless Bruxish surprises us all by turning into a dophin, I guess.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
But Tauros still looks different to me.

Look at the entire beach area, it's all very lightly colored. And once again, we've already seen that exact same Tauros in in-game footage, and it's normal.

I'd always hoped that an eventual dolphin Pokemon would be Water/Psychic, but with Bruxish around that seems unlikely. Unless Bruxish surprises us all by turning into a dophin, I guess.

Nothing says we can't have two Pokemon with the same typing within a generation. It has happened plenty of times before.

Look at the entire beach area, it's all very lightly colored. And once again, we've already seen that exact same Tauros in in-game footage, and it's normal.

I haven't seen that footage but I'll believe you. Still, Normal Tauros has a brown mane and every other pokemon has its right colors so I assumed it was something new.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Cant wait to see the dolphin and snowman.

roserade the warrior

Instead of a lighting issue it is more probably a miscolor issue, because then mudsdale would also be much lighter in color, also from brown to white the light must be really bright, specially taking in account the body-fur (in the art is yellowish) in the original is lighter than the neck-fur, so it should be white too. It could still also be an alolan form, specially now that we know meowth barely changed physically (only the eyes and a recolor).

Last edited:

Rampharos

I was expecting the ghost-type snowman to be a straight-up snowman, but seeing the sandcastles I feel like that they wouldn't go for such a similar design.

What's up with ghost this generation anyway? Why are they all things made by kids? Knock-off Pikachu merch, sand castle, snowman. Weird.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I was expecting the ghost-type snowman to be a straight-up snowman, but seeing the sandcastles I feel like that they wouldn't go for such a similar design.

What's up with ghost this generation anyway? Why are they all things made by kids? Knock-off Pikachu merch, sand castle, snowman. Weird.

Where was the thing about the snowman being a ghost?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Based on the new coloration--white horns and mane with light gold fur--what typing do you think Alolan Tauros is?

Normal, and it won't be Alolan. That's simply just harsh lighting on the picture. Look at the Mudsdale for example.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
The Bewear Leak mentions that it's Ice/Ghost.

Oh right okay, I forgot. Well that's cool then because there is only froslass for ice/ghost. That does make me wonder how it will be. It could either be literally a snowman that is possessed or more like an abominal snowman.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I really like the sandcastle! The pupils as lights in the windows and the door for it's mouth is just perfect! Easily my favorite new Pokemon after Mimikyu.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
ITS A SEABUNNY OH MY GOD

look at its tail im crying i love this sea slug barnacle thing oh my god <3

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
In my opinion, the new pokémon looks more like a sprouting potato than a sea bunny.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
The new Pokemon is a Sea Cucumber which was mentioned in the Chinese Leak (Not the leaked list but this one)

Yep, last two and a half pages have been all over that fact.

Orphalesion

Nice! Another new pokemon.

Sea Cucumbers are an interesting concept for pokemon, I always love it when they base pokemon on primitive (looking) creatures. And it's punching things with its organs? Cool! I want it!

The lack of completely new ice and dark types is still distressing...

Status
Not open for further replies.