• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owltie

You know, though a pattern was mentioned in that every odd generation we have been given a Grass mushroom Pokemon that has Spore and is a two-species line, it'd be nice to see the formula switched up to three with Morelull. It's so small that it has a Flabebe kind of feel to it. It'd be great to see a middle stage show it multiply and a final stage show a Fairy ring that is humongous and connected somehow.

I can see it being a better, more supportive Amoonguss. Grass types really don't shine competitively save for the few defensive ones such as Ferrothorn, Amoonguss, and M-Venusaur (with Breloom being one of the sole offensive Grass alongside M-Venusaur because of Spore and that huge Attack). It'd be kinda cool to see three mushroom Pokemon viable in OU this next generation. I can see a final evo of Morelull having great Sp. Def, serviceable Def and HP, and a Hidden Ability that is a helluva lot better than Illuminate--which really needs to have some sort of effect in battle, as do all overworld abilities--or Effect Spore (not the best, though could be worse, I suppose).

I have high hopes for our diminutive shroomy friend.

Last edited:

Andraste

After seeing Wishiwashi in action, I am soooooooo close to having a planned team. Always subject to change, of course, but I like to HAVE a plan going in even if I don't stick to it. (So far: Rowlett, Mimikyu, Rockruff, Salandit, and Wishiwashi.) I was hoping Alolan Persian would be the trailer so I could get a look at it and find out what its typing is, but I guess it's not to be. Unless the leak just didn't include it for some reason.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
You know, though a pattern was mentioned in that every odd generation we have been given a Grass mushroom Pokemon that has Spore and is a two-species line, it'd be nice to see the formula switched up to three with Morelull. It's so small that it has a Flabebe kind of feel to it. It'd be great to see a middle stage show it multiply and a final stage show a Fairy ring that is humongous and connected someway.

I can see it being a better, more supportive Amoonguss. Grass types really don't shine competitively save for the few defensive ones such as Ferrothorn, Amoonguss, and M-Venusaur (with Breloom being one of the sole offensive Grass alongside M-Venusaur because of Spore and that huge Attack). It'd be kinda cool to see three mushroom Pokemon viable in OU this next generation. I can see a final evo of Morelull having great Sp. Def, serviceable Def and HP, and a Hidden Ability that is a helluva lot better than Illuminate--which really needs to have some sort of effect in battle, as do all abilities--or Effect Spore (not the best, though could be worse, I suppose).

I have high hopes for our diminutive shroomy friend.

Chesnaught says hi, skymin says hi.

ArtFenix

Thanks! I also brought it up in the Regional Variants/Alola Forms Thread. Feel free to check out my Shellos/Gastrodon post there: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...mp-Speculation-Thread&p=18130389#post18130389

I actually really like those two, especially given their origins. Once again, that's something I brought up in the Regional Variants/Alola Forms Thread. Check it out here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...mp-Speculation-Thread&p=18129237#post18129237

I mean, the new forms of Kanto mons are mostly fine but those are still the Kanto mons and we've had more than enough of Gen I pandering in Gen VI.
Sigh...Now there's the new Raichu form, which I'm not even sure what to think about.

NaiveLunatic

I mean, the new forms of Kanto mons are mostly fine but those are still the Kanto mons and we've had more than enough of Gen I pandering in Gen VI.
Sigh...Now there's the new Raichu form, which I'm not even sure what to think about.

I definitely see where you're coming from. I like Kanto, but the Pokémon designs aren't my favorites at all, and I feel like they just keep giving disproportionate attention to Gen 1, to the detriment of EVERY other gen. I like most of the Alolan forms a lot, but I'd prefer if we had them for every generation, not just Gen 1.

Owltie

Chesnaught says hi, skymin says hi.

Four things:

1. It's nice to see your signature matches the way you hold discourse on these boards;

2. You knew I wasn't naming every single OU Grass type when I named the four I did, as it was obviously a generalization;

3. Despite number two, you still didn't even name OU Grass Pokemon as the former was UU and the latter Uber, which makes you incredibly hard to take seriously, especially because you thought you were being cute or funny or sassy;

4. The only thing saying "Hi" is the rest of my post that you wonderfully ignored when--again, you knew the intention of my entire post--it was solely about Morelull, its possible evolution(s), and its viability in the metagame.

Please, don't contribute to the nonsense that sometimes happens on forums by whimsically posting without digesting another user's thought-out post. It just sends the forums into a quicker spiral, and in some cases (note: Your post here) it merely exposes yourself as silly and immature.

Also note: I am not trying to come across as confrontational, unfair, or trolling. I rarely post on these boards as it is, and when I do, it's almost always something to do with Grass Pokemon, moves, or the type in general (die-hard Grass man!). I'm sure you can imagine it's a bit frustrating for me to type out a long response only to have it responded to with something that shouldn't even warrant a retort. However, after having held a secondary teaching position, I guess I felt the need to explain to you why your contributions are rather detrimental not only to yourself but the community at large because of the (seemingly) unintentional promoting of mild hostility among users.

Just please think before you post. /: If other younger users see one person quote and respond to someone like you just had to me, they think it's funny. Then, they do that and don't even realize that, surprise, their information was false to begin with and the cutesy act is suddenly a representation of their own ignorance and immaturity.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
New trailer has confirmed some details:

Morelull can learn Spore (shocking, I know).
Wishiwashi with lose its school when its HP gets low enough.
Innards Out seems to be a more potent Aftermath.
Pyukumuku's gut fist is hilarious and amazing. It can learn Pain Split.

Also, Team Skull Grunts had a Haunter and a Drowzee that were is Nest Bsalls. Feel free to speculate about what this might mean as you see fit.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

So...still cheesed that Wishiwashi's school form isn't a proper new pokemon (I know it's just a bunch of Wishiwashis, but they are under a hivemind and function as one creature, that's like 200% cooler than either Digtrio or Magneton, and those lame things were granted their own pokedex entry as well!)

Pukumuku...only a water type :-( Maybe it's evolution will have a better typing. The name is pretty much "Puke Mucus" corrupted into a Hawaiian sounding word.

Morelull, eeeeeeh! Fairy Mushroom! Fairy rings! Yes! Yes! Yes! I hope it's evolution is cool. I could see it becoming one of those mushroom-capped leprechaun-like guys from old picture books. And it's even Grass/Fairy! Have been waiting for a new pokemon specifically designed with that type in mind. With a ability like illuminate, can we assume it features bio luminescence?

Alolan Raichu...boy you look ugly as sin. It's like Raichu and Dedenne performed a fusion dance and got some Jersey Shore spray tan.

And yeah, 37 Pokemon so far with something like 50-60 implied by evolution and the other island guardians. Here's hoping for a large generation!

Nah I'm just not a friend of the attitude some people have "I don't want anymore information so I don't want anybody else to have it either, just not looking at news would be too hard/complicated/tempting!"

And I don't do competitive either, I don't compare stats, I don't train IVs/EVs, and I don't care about movepools etc. Those are all thing I still discover while playing. What I care about pre-release are the designs and typings and where to find them. So it's not that I set my team in stone pre-game, it's more:

"Oh man, this new gen is so cool, let's see for water I'll either have Bruxish, Wishiwashi, Wimpod or Pyukumuku...where can I find them? Ah here, here and here. Great they are spaced out far enough across Alola so that i get to test-run each of them. Oh look there's a Mudbray, it might be ugly as sin, but I know it's evoution is rad; in the team you go little donkey!"

I don't force you to look at the news, so don't deny them to me.

roserade the warrior

New trailer has confirmed some details:

Wishiwashi with lose its school when its HP gets low enough.
Innards Out seems to be a more potent Aftermath.
Pyukumuku's gut fist is hilarious and amazing.

Also, Team Skull Grunts had a Haunter and a Drowzee that were is Nest Bsalls. Feel free to speculate about what this might mean as you see fit.

I am going to guess innards out is a reversed sturdy: if the pokemon receives a OHKO move while in full health it will faint and get down its enemy as well (pretty much what destiny bond does, but with a clause), but I dunno.
Also, those were not nest balls, those were safari balls (nest balls have a more "clean" design); so I am guessing the safari zone is coming back in some way. I really hope at least.

DoctorB

Ghost-type user
Man, School Form Wishiwashi has to be extremely powerful. I did some quick calculation:
-It has 66 HP at lv27, so around 40 base HP. Also it doesn't change base HP when change form.
-It's 3 level lower than Magnezone and an Electro Ball still only does around 75% of its HP. And even if the BP for Electro Ball is 60 (lowest possible), School Form's special defense will still be around base 140.
-A Hydro Pump also does about 90% of Magnezone's HP, so its base Special Attack is around... 250.

So i guess only temporary form makes sense. Of course calculation can be off, and i set everything to 31 IVs and no EVs, Hardy nature and no held items.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I am going to guess innards out is a reversed sturdy: if the pokemon receives a OHKO move while in full health it will faint and get down its enemy as well (pretty much what destiny bond does, but with a clause), but I dunno.
Also, those were not nest balls, those were safari balls (nest balls have a more "clean" design); so I am guessing the safari zone is coming back in some way. I really hope at least.

I thought they were Safari Balls at first, but if you pause the video, they are very clearly Nest Balls. Its a shame, really, because I thought a Safari Zone would be a cool way to incorporate the standard forms of Alolan Mons (I'm not saying there won't be one, but this doesn't confirm one at least.)

Man, School Form Wishiwashi has to be extremely powerful. I did some quick calculation:
-It has 66 HP at lv27, so around 40 base HP. Also it doesn't change base HP when change form.
-It's 3 level lower than Magnezone and an Electro Ball still only does around 75% of its HP. And even if the BP for Electro Ball is 60 (lowest possible), School Form's special defense will still be around base 140.
-A Hydro Pump also does about 90% of Magnezone's HP, so its base Special Attack is around... 250.

So i guess only temporary form makes sense. Of course calculation can be off, and i set everything to 31 IVs and no EVs, Hardy nature and no held items.

In the trailer confirming Lunaala and Solgaleo's names and details, the Salamence and Gengar had IV's of 0 in HP, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some min IV Mons in the mix here.

Last edited:

Yunova

Fairy User

If these calculations are correct (which I will take your word for it, as I can't do them haha), then the temporary form makes perfect sense. An evolved form with those stats would be so gross.

Yep, that's kinda what happens when pokémon evolve.

I think you know what he meant. The design itself looks like it should evolve and not be a standalone Pokemon. Not that it might be capable of evolving, which everything revealed so far is more than capable of.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Its a shame, really, because I thought a Safari Zone would be a cool way to incorporate the standard forms of Alolan Mons (I'm not saying there won't be one, but this doesn't confirm one at least.)

That's a great idea, now I only want the Safari Zone back more. It's nice to actually see someone else who appreciates the Safari Zone. Not many people seem to like it, most seem to outright hate it. Let's just cross our fingers and hope.

DoctorB

Ghost-type user
If these calculations are correct (which I will take your word for it, as I can't do them haha), then the temporary form makes perfect sense. An evolved form with those stats would be so gross.

could be incorrect, i used Showdown's damage calc and might have messed some stuff up.

roserade the warrior

I thought they were Safari Balls at first, but if you pause the video, they are very clearly Nest Balls. Its a shame, really, because I thought a Safari Zone would be a cool way to incorporate the standard forms of Alolan Mons (I'm not saying there won't be one, but this doesn't confirm one at least.)

Its true... I saw it in low quality first, but didnt remember that, so yeah, it was not so "clean" xD... I still hope we get the safari zone again.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Its true... I saw it in low quality first, but didnt remember that, so yeah, it was not so "clean" xD... I still hope we get the safari zone again.

I do, too, and don't blame yourself. I watched it with good quality, and I thought they were Safari Balls, too. It's the motion blur I tell ya! I only realized they were Nest Balls when I paused to double check :p

Salamandit

Ok... Morelull? Really? They look like a particular male bodypart and in the netherlands lul = another word for penis, more penisses toghether, I can't unsee this now... Thanks for that stupid name...

I'm a fan of the new Raichu form, finally i'm gonna use the pikachu family only to get the surfing raicho! Too bad it became somewhat more dorky and friendly looking, wished it's appearance became more dark and tough.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
Dang balls lookin' so similar.

(please show us a "Great" ball and it be a Lure Ball I'm begging for Apriballs at this point)

Ok... Morelull? Really? They look like a particular male bodypart and in the netherlands lul = another word for penis, more penisses toghether, I can't unsee this now... Thanks for that stupid name...

Here's hoping it can learn Harden and Gunk Shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.