• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Does Persian have a Dark variant? or only meowth? Seeing how people say cubone doesn't have another form. It would totally suck if only meowth got a dark form, and not the much cooler persian. That would be wasted opertunity and the most stupid thing i've ever seen in a pokemon game, not much people care for non-evolved pokemon at all and Persian is the VAIN one, not Meowth. So the vanity, arrogant and selfish stuff is for persian alone.
I'm guessing Persian has one as well, they're just hiding it.

I just realised that he cool fish pokemon with it's school ability is actually just the same as Archeops Defeatist ability. Still props to GF since they're not flooding us with a lot of boring pokemon but almost every new design is unique in its own way. Just like they stepped up their game with all these new abilities, they're just great.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Hey, it's gotta have counters. *shrug*

Either way, late game cleaners in general really have to watch out for this thing. It can be a dead stop on certain Pokemon and ruin the sweep.

So...just like unaware Clefable and quaggy? Except vs mega gyarados and Haxorus.

Frost Valley

Frost Valley
Does Persian have a Dark variant? or only meowth? Seeing how people say cubone doesn't have another form. It would totally suck if only meowth got a dark form, and not the much cooler persian. That would be wasted opertunity and the most stupid thing i've ever seen in a pokemon game, not much people care for non-evolved pokemon at all and Persian is the VAIN one, not Meowth. So the vanity, arrogant and selfish stuff is for persian alone. Also persian needs a better look, better jewel, Liepard make persian rather look boring and bland.

Also I really hope Morelull turns into a fairy ring pokemon.

Would assume Persian and all Pokemon who are a First stage that have a new typing(new form) would evolve keeping that new typing. Sorry Exeggcute you just weren't dragon material, that Exeggutor is surrounded by so many Fairies and still smiling must be high off of Chlorophyll. I wonder if Pokemon with these new forms will get a signature move

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I can hear people now, "Pyukumuku is banned! It's too cheap and OP!"

I can already see myself using Pyukumuku as a fail safe in Battle Royal. Even better, I wanna team it up with a Reuniclus and use Skill Swap on it.

Imagine a Reuniclus with Innards Out. Savage.

OR: If Mega Banette is still around, I'll just Trick Room, Skill Swap, and give Pyukumuku Prankster. And when the time is right, and Pyuku is about to go, I'll switch 'em back. Fufufufufu...

Last edited:

R_N

Pyuku screams one of those pokemon everyone speculates to the moon and then no one uses it. I really doubt it will be on anyone's radar or be a significant thing to consider in team building

like im not actively seeing how innards out is any better than, say, any fast pokemon using Final Gambit? The end result is the same: it dies and deals exactly that much damage to you.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Pyuku screams one of those pokemon everyone speculates to the moon and then no one uses it. I really doubt it will be on anyone's radar or be a significant thing to consider in team building

like im not actively seeing how innards out is any better than, say, any fast pokemon using Final Gambit? The end result is the same: it dies and deals exactly that much damage to you.

The difference is with Innards Out, neither a turn nor a moveslot is wasted for this effect.

You can even switch in Pyukumuku just to screw an opponent's setup. Players will be wary about issuing OHKOs if they know you have a Pyuku. It stops sweepers in their tracks.

The only possible fallback is if Pyukumuku has really poor HP.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Final Gambit is blocked by Ghosts and gets it power nerfed by priority attacks. It also takes your Pokemon out immediately by using the move.

With Innards Out, Pyukumuku can run a standard set to deal damage or set up hazards, and still keep the threat of ability!Final Gambit alive.

Final Gambit is good for leads and offensive pressure. Innards Out is the defensive/pivot and late game equivalent to that.

Of course, we won't know how well it can turn out until we get its stats. For all we know Pyukumuku could be juuuuust bulky enough to render it impractical in any format other than being Baton Passed Shell Smashes, or being on the receiving end of a +6 rampaging sweeper. We'll have to see.

Last edited:

Phantom champion Z

unless its evo is bad-*** no one is going to waste time on it. we already have Aftermath and i never see it used in competitive.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Of course, we won't know how well it can turn out until we get its stats. For all we know Pyukumuku could be juuuuust bulky enough to render it impractical in any format other than being Baton Passed Shell Smashes. We'll have to see.

I'd rule out Shell Smash/Baton Pass as a suitable option, as it basically sacrifices two pokemon for one kill.

I think simply keeping it as a fail safe will do good, particularly in battles of more than 3v3.

unless its evo is bad-*** no one is going to waste time on it. we already have Aftermath and i never see it used in competitive.

Innards Out is pretty much Aftermath on steroids.

As for competitive, I wouldn't trust many of those players to come up with a better strategy than spamming the hardest hitters in the game, so I don't expect them to utilize Pyukumuku. I see this more for the stallers and heavily strategic players.

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.

Aftermath is a pretty poor ability compared to Pyukumuku's ability. Aftermath only affects those who use a physical move to KO and has a set % relative to the attacker's full HP.

If they decide to give Pyukumuku (and/or its evolution(s)) good HP, this Pokémon with maximum HP investment could be a ticking bomb. Give it some cool status moves + Scald to snag some burns and watch it be a free Destiny Bond as it faints on a switch-in to take with it the opponent's potential sweeper. Pretty cool Pokémon to have on the team, if the moveset and stat spread is right.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I love how that fish pokemon becomes that big one in the trailor. It looks amazing. Not sure about the BST of it though (whether it increases or not).

Altaria38

I love how that fish pokemon becomes that big one in the trailor. It looks amazing. Not sure about the BST of it though (whether it increases or not).

I'd guess it's BST would probably increase a fair amount. I mean look at that thing!

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Its whole theme is that it becomes a feared monster when fused as a school but is weak on its own, so yeah I think we can assume its stats increase a LOT.

Altaria38

Gasp! How dare you assume that Cuteifly will be weak! It will be the beast that walls Zygarde Complete, with its pwecious little face!
Seriously though, Cutiefly is like the Steven Universe of Pokemon. In other words, a SMOL CINNAMON BUN.
50% of my hype for Moon is naming my Cutiefly Honey.

Sabre_King

Seeing how the chinese leak is becoming more and more true I could see the supposed dolphin pokemon being water/fairy or water/dark, while this rugby monkey I could being ground/fighting just to use a new type combination. I hope it has a unique move based on rugby lol.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'

Well I for one love the little thing, will definitely train one.

Then again, I don't care all that much about the competitive factor.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Seeing how the chinese leak is becoming more and more true I could see the supposed dolphin pokemon being water/fairy or water/dark, while this rugby monkey I could being ground/fighting just to use a new type combination. I hope it has a unique move based on rugby lol.

I kind of hope that the rugby monkey gets a move similar to Bind and Fire Spin, called "Scrum". It's pretty amusing to think about~

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
I kind of hope that the rugby monkey gets a move similar to Bind and Fire Spin, called "Scrum". It's pretty amusing to think about~

I'm stupid about rugby so whats scrumming.

All I can imagine for Rugby Monkey is a Mynci from Neopets in the uniform LOL. I kinda hope it's either pure Fighting or Fightin/Ground, but idk somehow Fighting/Steel would be nice.
(how is lucario even steel im)

I mean, it'd be weird if Alolan Marowak had Bonerangue as a signature move.

Doesn't Cubone get Bonemerang tho? All you'd have to do is delay evolution until it learns it and bam. Same for Bone Club too.
Actually, why would it be weird? The bone motif is still there, and it'd be like a Fire type learning Earthquake or Dig.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.