• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I bet the Crab will evolve to a Mantis Shrimp

ah yeah I can totally see that! Perfect colour set up and the claws makes sense for it.

Elementman-Novapoke

Turtonator: I feel pretty ~meh~ about this one. Fire and Dragon aren't types I have a particular love for, and there's just something a tiny bit off with the design for me that, sadly, I can't quite place my finger on. I like the shell, though, particularly the jaggedness of it, which reminds me of the sun. The unique move it has also seems decent. I think it'll either be Druddigon-esque, or have just the one pre-evolution.

Sandygast and Pallosand: I liked these two in the first place, although I agree that they look better animated. However, I also think that whereas Sandygast looks far better than its art, Pallosand's improvement is minor in comparison. I think it's because its tower-arms don't seem quite as bendy as they do in the official art. Perhaps that'll change when we see other animations. The names are great (Pile-o-sand is much more memorable than ghastly sand, though). I do wonder how their stats will look, given its ability. Many of the more viable water type attacks are special in the first place, so getting a buff to regular defence doesn't quite make sense to me.

Stufful: I really didn't like this before, the art just made it seem awkward. Now we've got the full 3D model though, I can appreciate it a lot more. The bum-tag is amazing. Still not sure if it's something I'd consider using, though.

Crabrawler: A pleasant surprise. I quite like the colour scheme (hoping for a red shiny to go with the blue vs red colours you tend to get in official fighting [looks at Olympics on tv screen], although that will add to the masses of red crabs we've got...) and the fact it's not a water type. I hope it doesn't gain it, to be honest, if it does evolve, which I think I could see. My favourite part of the design is the black-eye / droopy eyelid thing it's got going on. Poor blighter has taken a few too many hits. (why can I imagine it with a drinking problem...?)

roserade the warrior

With the way of "reproduction" of palossand I was expecting it to be genderless, but no, it can be female, and quite possibly male. It seems that possesed things retain gender somehow (?)

General Nonsense

Star Glider
With the way of "reproduction" of palossand I was expecting it to be genderless, but no, it can be female, and quite possibly male. It seems that possesed things retain gender somehow (?)

I mean, this isn't the first time this has happened. Happened with the Honedge line as well. Lots of other object based pokemon still have gender as well.

Cradily17

People say that it makes sense for Crabrawler to not be part Water type because it's based off the coconut crab which can't swim, but what about Dodrio? It's based off a dodo/ostrich. Neither of those can fly, and yet Dodrio is part Flying type.

DSDark

Breeder
we are still three Coro Coro's, and 5-6 more videos before the release of SM. Have already had exactly 39 pokemon revealed so far. We also know of at least 10 more evolutions, through the pokedex pictures (Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, and Pikpek) or official statements (Rockruff) making the total 49 new pokemon that we know of. I wonder what will be revealed moving forward.

knightwolf09

People say that it makes sense for Crabrawler to not be part Water type because it's based off the coconut crab which can't swim, but what about Dodrio? It's based off a dodo/ostrich. Neither of those can fly, and yet Dodrio is part Flying type.

According to old pokedex entries, it actually can fly, just not as well as it can run...huh.

Sabre_King

I am happy we got to see two new pokemon in the last two day and I wanted to give my opinions on them:
Turtonator: This pokemon just awesome in my opinion, and I am surprised in seven generation that a pokemon has never been based on a Kappa before. The typing for being fire/dragon is also very interesting and I cannot wait to see the damage input on its new move of shell trap. My guess is this will be a defensive orientated pokemon, and I see it having one pre-evo.
Crabrawler: This guy has a very interesting design seeing as how its pincers are treated as boxing gloves. Also without seeing it has having a dual water typing adds more interested since a lot of people would have intially presumed this pokemon to have a dual type. I see it evolving once and being a psychical attacker with decent HP.

Wingulltrainer

While i admit, i kind of like crabrawler, i'm feeling a bit underwhelmed by this generation; i feel like we're getting a lot of rehashes of previous generations.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Providing they're both stand alone Pokemon, am I the only one who feels that Tortunator and Crabrawler could potentially be version exclusives? They both seem to have a similar awkward goofiness in their design, with the contrasting colours that fit each version.

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
Saw Crabrawler today and he reminded me of Clauncher/Clawitzer. I think it is nice to see a crab pokemon that is not water. He is interesting. Actually I thought it would have been humorous to see a fighting type shrimp pokemon. I like Turtonator better but it is nice to see 2 new pokemon released withing a few days. So Crabrawler is created after a coconut crab? I am liking the new designs/creature ideas pokemon is using.
I wonder if Crabrawler will evolve. I dont see Turtonator evolving though.

Last edited:

Metafogos

we are still three Coro Coro's, and 5-6 more videos before the release of SM. Have already had exactly 39 pokemon revealed so far. We also know of at least 10 more evolutions, through the pokedex pictures (Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, and Pikpek) or official statements (Rockruff) making the total 49 new pokemon that we know of. I wonder what will be revealed moving forward.

My count is in 51:

39 revealed
6 expected evolution to the Starters
1 evolution to Rockruff
2 evolutions to Pikipek
3 more island guardian pokemon

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I would like you to pay attention to Stufful's rear end. For research-purpose.

There appears to be a rectangular white shape underneath its tail, which, to me, looks very much like a label/tag, like those found on clothing or stuffed animals? Would this be a joke, or is Stufful lore-wise genuinely a stuffed animal which came to life?

Zaide

If Crabrawler has an evolution, I would really like if it could gain a ground typing and become the first ground/fighting pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.