• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I definitely think Crabrawler is a stand-alone Pokémon with no evolutionary line, just how I feel for Turtonator. I love him, he looks both strong and silly.

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I would like you to pay attention to Stufful's rear end. For research-purpose.

There appears to be a rectangular white shape underneath its tail, which, to me, looks very much like a label/tag, like those found on clothing or stuffed animals? Would this be a joke, or is Stufful lore-wise genuinely a stuffed animal which came to life?

Well it has been said that pokemon often take the shape of other things for survival which is why you have some as animals and others as inanimate objects. perhaps this pokemon decided upon a stuffed animal.

EDIT I cannot remember where I read that from. trying to find it.

EDIT scratch it, I cannot find it so maybe it was just a theory someone had after a pokemon comes from space to earth. etiher way i think the tag on the rear of stufful is humorous and cute.

Last edited:

edu1987

I think both Crabrawler and Tortunator are stage 2 mons, they look too "grown up" for me.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I would like you to pay attention to Stufful's rear end. For research-purpose.

There appears to be a rectangular white shape underneath its tail, which, to me, looks very much like a label/tag, like those found on clothing or stuffed animals? Would this be a joke, or is Stufful lore-wise genuinely a stuffed animal which came to life?

I think it's just an added aesthetic to point out that it's based on a teddy bear.

However, its official dex entries may explain it further. I do doubt, though, that it's a teddy bear that came to life, as this would lean more towards Ghost types.

I recall Bewear's Japanese name having something to do with a costume, and well, Bewear does allude to that as well, as in a bear wearing a onesie/costume, so Stufful could also have something to so with that (its appearance being a stuffed animal/costume).

Metafogos

I definitely think Crabrawler is a stand-alone Pokémon with no evolutionary line, just how I feel for Turtonator. I love him, he looks both strong and silly.

To me, Crabrawler are stage 1, with another evolution. He are too short, and I think they will became a Mantis Shrimp (and make the Fighting type a justice... coconut crabs are not a punching like the mantis shrimp)

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
To me, Crabrawler are stage 1, with another evolution. He are too short, and I think they will became a Mantis Shrimp (and make the Fighting type a justice... coconut crabs are not a punching like the mantis shrimp)

wow, i just looked up mantis shrimp, and they can punch pretty hard and quickly. they can break aquarim glass and have the speed of .22 caliber bullet. I bet if he evolves (which I think he will) he will be something like you suggested. cool!

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I recall Bewear's Japanese name having something to do with a costume, and well, Bewear does allude to that as well, as in a bear wearing a onesie/costume, so Stufful could also have something to so with that (its appearance being a stuffed animal/costume).

I figured Bewear was a play on beware, given Alolan residents are so afraid of it that there are signs posted warning people about it.

BlitzGirl41

I am happy we got to see two new pokemon in the last two day and I wanted to give my opinions on them:
Turtonator: This pokemon just awesome in my opinion, and I am surprised in seven generation that a pokemon has never been based on a Kappa before. The typing for being fire/dragon is also very interesting and I cannot wait to see the damage input on its new move of shell trap. My guess is this will be a defensive orientated pokemon, and I see it having one pre-evo.
Crabrawler: This guy has a very interesting design seeing as how its pincers are treated as boxing gloves. Also without seeing it has having a dual water typing adds more interested since a lot of people would have intially presumed this pokemon to have a dual type. I see it evolving once and being a psychical attacker with decent HP.
Actually, Ludicolo from R/S was based off of a Kappa, so, excluding the evolutionary stages of that Pokemon, Turtonator makes only the second Kappa-esque Pokemon in seven generations.

Also, has anyone yet seen this? https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status/766680822808190976/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw It made me laugh so hard! XD

Bus

According to old pokedex entries, it actually can fly, just not as well as it can run...huh.

Honestly, I've always just chalked up every 'Flying' type to be a translation oddity and they actually meant 'Wind' type. That's how I justify flightless pokemon to be considered 'flying' types.

I figured Bewear was a play on beware, given Alolan residents are so afraid of it that there are signs posted warning people about it.

It kind of seems like a triple pun: Bewear for 'Beware', 'Bear', and 'Beware'. And considering its dangerous hugging strength and warning signs along with its costumed backstory, it honestly could be a name meant to encompass both.

Last edited:

Shraeder

It's Lit

Very weird choice of design imo. I don't mind the tag but why does it have to be on its butt xD

Yeah it probably is, its Japanese name is essentially "costume wearing bear" though and coincidentally Bewear has "wear" on it too, so I guess it could have multiple meanings haha.

Bus

Very weird choice of design imo. I don't mind the tag but why does it have to be on its butt xD

I dont think I've ever seen a stuffed animal whose tag is not on its butt, really. I actually keep a souvenir stuffed Husky from my first visit to Alaska on my desk and when i checked just not, sure enough its tag was beneath its tail right in the butt zone. They probably put it there because its the most out of the way spot.

DFang

27yr old Pokefan
Crabrawler is a coconut crab so it makes sense that it's not a water type. BIG terrestrial crabs. I kind of expected this, nice design!

Nave

I love Crabrawler's design, but I kind of wish it had Water type just for Crabhammer. It could evolve into a mantis shrimp and gain Water typing, but the fact that it's based on a coconut crab is kind of cool as well.
Palossand is a great pun (palace sand or pile o' sand lol). Love the idea behind it. Water Compaction was literally the ability I thought of for it, although it works a bit differently. I like how it's not immune to water though, because realistically, that's what made me think Arena Trap would be more suitable for it--hopefully it gets that as well. Sandygast looks way better in motion.
I like Stufful in 3D a lot more too; the 2D illustration looked off for me. The butt tag is hilarious. I love how Bewear is a Teddy BEAR.

Last edited:

Chimchar15

Oh my god, guys. Guys. Stuffuls. I can't take it.

It even has a little tag on its butt this is too precious for this world

I really like Crabrawler, it reminds me a lot of Franky from One Piece and I love it.

Our sandy new additions look a hell of a lot better in game, I had no idea their mouths were straight up holes all the way through

Wow you're right he has the hair to match pre-timeskip Franky. I really like Crabrawler's design, the fact that he's a fighting type, and that he's a crustacean. He'll most likely end up on my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.