• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzGirl41

In regards to exclusives, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't many for this gen. After all, it felt like X/Y had very few compared to previous gens. But even so, it's too early to tell which ones will be exclusives and which ones are universal.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
@ DSDark

Yes, I think those are Pallosand traps, especially since the Pukiwatever challenge looks like a mini-game. It also would mean that phenomenons are still around, which *crosses fingers* could mean the PokéNav feature might still be available.

That's a function I really don't want to give up! Definitely the best addition to ORAS is getting great Pokémon with Egg Moves, good stats, hidden abilities, and higher % of items. But since it's such a useful feature, I could see them giving it out post E4 storyline, or something.

Sorry, got off track. I look forward to getting Muk's 2nd cousin Pallosand.

DSDark

Breeder
Anyone know how long it usually takes after game release for the base stats of the new pokemon to be revealed?

generally the early calculations begin as soon as the games are released. The final calculations take a month or so

League

Master Abra Catcher
Anyone know how long it usually takes after game release for the base stats of the new pokemon to be revealed?
If some people get the game early they could theoretically be known before release. Otherwise, probably 16-ish hours after release, I'd say.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
@ DSDark

Yes, I think those are Pallosand traps, especially since the Pukiwatever challenge looks like a mini-game. It also would mean that phenomenons are still around, which *crosses fingers* could mean the PokéNav feature might still be available.

That's a function I really don't want to give up! Definitely the best addition to ORAS is getting great Pokémon with Egg Moves, good stats, hidden abilities, and higher % of items. But since it's such a useful feature, I could see them giving it out post E4 storyline, or something.

Sorry, got off track. I look forward to getting Muk's 2nd cousin Pallosand.

I mean, it could also be like the sand spots from Kalos' Route 13, but DexNav is my favorite part of ΩRαS.
I'm a big fan of Sandygast and Palossand when I saw the Corocoro leak, and while I'm gonna use it in one of my playthroughs, I just can't help but cringe at its Water Compaction ability. Not a lot of Ghost types have great defenses, the exceptions being Duskull's line and Cofagrigus and maybe Gourgeist. The ability is just too specific for that type combo. Special Ice, Grass, Ghost and Water moves could make it very hard to use.
Hopefully, Sandygast and Palossand have great Special Defense at least.

Gizmoa

I mean, it could also be like the sand spots from Kalos' Route 13, but DexNav is my favorite part of ΩRαS.
I'm a big fan of Sandygast and Palossand when I saw the Corocoro leak, and while I'm gonna use it in one of my playthroughs, I just can't help but cringe at its Water Compaction ability. Not a lot of Ghost types have great defenses, the exceptions being Duskull's line and Cofagrigus and maybe Gourgeist. The ability is just too specific for that type combo. Special Ice, Grass, Ghost and Water moves could make it very hard to use.
Hopefully, Sandygast and Palossand have great Special Defense at least.
I was going to raise one, but I might wait for HA.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
As soon as hackers can rip into the game, so anywhere from as soon as it leaks to a few days after

Thanks!

generally the early calculations begin as soon as the games are released. The final calculations take a month or so

Thanks!

If some people get the game early they could theoretically be known before release. Otherwise, probably 16-ish hours after release, I'd say.

Thanks!

I am very curious as to which pokemon will surprise us with weird/good stats.

R_N

I think we only had to do calculations for the XY crew because it took a while for the 3ds (or at least XY specifically) to be cracked open.

iirc, we were able to dump stats (among other things) for all the ORAS megas as soon as the demo came out

R_N

One more question, how long does it take before hidden abilities are revealed/accessed?

should be about the same time as the base stats

generally those are the first targets. I thiiiiink movesets take a bit to compile since they're put in a different way?

e: Oh and trainres usually follow

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I sincerely hope we get more than 90 pokemon. 90 pokemon is no better than 72 in my opinion. 130 would be a decent amount in my opinion.

Orphalesion

I sincerely hope we get more than 90 pokemon. 90 pokemon is no better than 72 in my opinion. 130 would be a decent amount in my opinion.

Iagree that we should at least get 100 new ones, and 130 would simply be dreamy. But even 90 would be 18 Pokemon more than Kalos, so it would be a tony bit better :p

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost

Achernar

star-mapping pro
I'm still pretty sure we actually can see signs. Actually traffic signs are more easy to add to the world than the stuff you mentioned. We are talking about traffic signs... not events. The new enginge did allow warning signs to be shown.
And as I said... Stufful and Sandyghast don't look like they would life in the same area like all version exclusive do.

Ummm, Skarmory and Mantine, Gligar and Delibird were not found on the same areas in Gold/Silver.

Anyway, there should be a pokemon with version exclusive evolutions, that would be cool. Same goes with version exclusive Pseudolegendaries.

DSDark

Breeder

With the amount of new Pokemon we already knows and the fact that we still have three more months until release, I would definitely say we'll have over 100 new Pokemon at least.

R_N

With the amount of new Pokemon we already knows and the fact that we still have three more months until release, I would definitely say we'll have over 100 new Pokemon at least.

Ehhhh people were saying similar things with XY, considering just how many they revealed (even after megas took center stage) before release.

Status
Not open for further replies.