• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Here are a few Pokemon I hope to see:

Dark/Fairy type based on Fachan (One-eyed, one-armed, one-legged creature that can kill people by looking at them)
Poison/Fairy type based on Sluagh(Irish Corpse-Fairy made up of evil spirits that manipulates people into killing animals/other people through poison arrows)
Steel/Water type based on a Helicoprion(Prehistoric Shark)
Ghost/Fighting type based on The Night Marchers(Hawaiian legend)
Poison/Water type based on Germs/Bacteria
Electric/Poison type based on the Box Jellyfish
Grass/Dragon type based on a Dragonfruit

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Here are a few Pokemon I hope to see:

Dark/Fairy type based on Fachan (One-eyed, one-armed, one-legged creature that can kill people by looking at them)
Poison/Fairy type based on Sluagh(Irish Corpse-Fairy made up of evil spirits that manipulates people into killing animals/other people through poison arrows)
Steel/Water type based on a Helicoprion(Prehistoric Shark)
Ghost/Fighting type based on The Night Marchers(Hawaiian legend)
Poison/Water type based on Germs/Bacteria
Electric/Poison type based on the Box Jellyfish
Grass/Dragon type based on a Dragonfruit

Some people are claiming Alolan Exeggutor is based on a Dragon Fruit Tree, but that's debatable (I'm more on the side of it being based on the Madagascar Dragon Tree.)

As for a Night Marcher Pokemon, we have one: Alolan Marowak. The locals are afraid to approach it, it has a deep connection to its relatives (in this case Cubone), it carries a torch; everything lines up with it being influenced both by the Night Marchers and Polynesian Fire Dancing.

I like the idea of a Sluagh Pokemon, and I always imagined a Poison/Fairy Type as being inspired by it as well as absinthe, which in addition to being a hallucinogenic drink also happens to mean "green fairy". It could be a green, sharp toothed pixie like creature, that uses its mind altering fumes and toxin dripping claws that it fires out like darts to manipulate it's foe's mind, taking them down through a combination of confusion and poison.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Some people are claiming Alolan Exeggutor is based on a Dragon Fruit Tree, but that's debatable (I'm more on the side of it being based on the Madagascar Dragon Tree.)

As for a Night Marcher Pokemon, we have one: Alolan Marowak. The locals are afraid to approach it, it has a deep connection to its relatives (in this case Cubone), it carries a torch; everything lines up with it being influenced both by the Night Marchers and Polynesian Fire Dancing.

I like the idea of a Sluagh Pokemon, and I always imagined a Poison/Fairy Type as being inspired by it as well as absinthe, which in addition to being a hallucinogenic drink also happens to mean "green fairy". It could be a green, sharp toothed pixie like creature, that uses its mind altering fumes and toxin dripping claws that it fires out like darts to manipulate it's foe's mind, taking them down through a combination of confusion and poison.

Yeah I think Alolan Exeggutor is the Madagascar Dragon Tree, but I want to see a Dragonfruit itself, not the tree :p

Oh, I was unaware of that! I thought Marowak was simply a Fire Dancer and the Ghost typing was referencing Gen 1 with the mother Marowak, but that sounds way more fitting. Now I am 100% certain I'll be using it on my team.

That would be really amazing! Poison/Fairy and Dark/Fairy are two of my most wanted Type combinations as they can really bring out the fiendish and devilish nature that fairies actually had.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Yeah I think Alolan Exeggutor is the Madagascar Dragon Tree, but I want to see a Dragonfruit itself, not the tree :p

Oh, I was unaware of that! I thought Marowak was simply a Fire Dancer and the Ghost typing was referencing Gen 1 with the mother Marowak, but that sounds way more fitting. Now I am 100% certain I'll be using it on my team.

That would be really amazing! Poison/Fairy and Dark/Fairy are two of my most wanted Type combinations as they can really bring out the fiendish and devilish nature that fairies actually had.

Dark/Fairy was my suggestion for Alolan Drowzee/Hypno. While Drowzee won't be getting an Alola Form, I'm holding out hope that Hypno still will.

Right now, though, I'm just curious as to how many stand alone Pokemon there will be. Currently we have Crabrawler, Turtonator, Oricorio, Bounsweet, Comfey, Wishiwashi, Cutiefly, Pyukumuku, Morelull, Minior, Mimikyu, Komala, Salandit, Togedemaru, Drampa, Bruxish, and Wimpod as Pokemon that are yet to have any evos/pre-evos announced. So far, this is my assessment:

Likely to Have Evos/Pre-Evos:

Morelull
Salandit
Wimpod
Komala
Pyukumuku

Likely to be Standalones:

Togedemaru
Mimikyu
Wishiwashi
Comfey
Oricorio
Minior

Uncertain:

Drampa
Bruxish
Bounsweet
Cutiefly
Turtonator
Crabrawler

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Dark/Fairy was my suggestion for Alolan Drowzee/Hypno. While Drowzee won't be getting an Alola Form, I'm holding out hope that Hypno still will.

Right now, though, I'm just curious as to how many stand alone Pokemon there will be. Currently we have Crabrawler, Turtonator, Oricorio, Bounsweet, Comfey, Wishiwashi, Cutiefly, Pyukumuku, Morelull, Minior, Mimikyu, Komala, Salandit, Togedemaru, Drampa, Bruxish, and Wimpod as Pokemon that are yet to have any evos/pre-evos announced. So far, this is my assessment:

Likely to Have Evos/Pre-Evos:

Morelull
Salandit
Wimpod
Komala
Pyukumuku

Togedemaru
Mimikyu
Wishiwashi
Oricorio
Minior

Uncertain:

Drampa
Bruxish
Bounsweet
Cutiefly
Turtonator
Crabrawler

Alolan Dark/Fairy Hypno would gain an instant spot on my Sun team. That's too good of an opportunity to pass up on.

These are my thoughts--

Likely to Evolve:

Bounsweet
Cutiefly
Morellul
Salandit
Komala
Wimpod
Pyukumuku

Likely to have a Pre-Evolution:

Drampa
Turtonator

Togedemaru
Mimikyu
Wishiwashi
Oricorio
Minior
Bruxish
Crabrawler
Comfey

(btw you forgot Comfey in your assessment :p )

Luthor

Alolan Dark/Fairy Hypno would gain an instant spot on my Sun team. That's too good of an opportunity to pass up on.

As you can probably imagine from my avatar i'd love that idea.

Back on topic Oricorio is a pokemon i'd really hoping it gets stats at least comparable to something like Swellow. Given it's possible options I'd be disappointed if it ends up purely as a gimmick.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

These are my thoughts--

Likely to Evolve:

Bounsweet
Cutiefly
Morellul
Salandit
Komala
Wimpod
Pyukumuku

Likely to have a Pre-Evolution:

Drampa
Turtonator

Togedemaru
Mimikyu
Wishiwashi
Oricorio
Minior
Bruxish
Crabrawler
Comfey

(btw you forgot Comfey in your assessment :p )

Oops :p I meant to put it under likely standalones, so I'll edit that. As for Drampa, I was actually leaning more towards it being a standalone, as opposed to it having a pre-evo.

As you can probably imagine from my avatar i'd love that idea.

Back on topic Oricorio is a pokemon i'd really hoping it gets stats at least comparable to something like Swellow. Given it's possible options I'd be disappointed if it ends up purely as a gimmick.

Then by all means check out what I had in mind in the Regional Variants thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...mp-Speculation-Thread&p=18123687#post18123687

Last edited:

Julia Artemis

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Or what if is the pseudo legendary Pokemon of this game and it's line is Drachild-Dradult-Drampa

haha I sort of doubt it. We've never had a member of a Psuedo line revealed before a Generation comes out. People sometimes think that we've seen the Psuedo (I know a lot of people were convinced that Noivern was one pre-XY, and Haxorus pre-BW), but that hasn't ever been the case.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
Or what if is the pseudo legendary Pokemon of this game and it's line is Drachild-Dradult-Drampa

haha I sort of doubt it. We've never had a member of a Psuedo line revealed before a Generation comes out. People sometimes think that we've seen the Psuedo (I know a lot of people were convinced that Noivern was one pre-XY, and Haxorus pre-BW), but that hasn't ever been the case.

but you have to admit it would be pretty epic. Sort of like the suggestion someone made way back when that instead of getting larger, buffer, and more complicated as it evolved, rowlet should get smaller, rounder, and simpler as it evolved. They really should make an evolutionary line that does something like that sometime...

XXD17

Draco rex

Where are people getting dragon fruit tree from? Dragon fruits don't even grow on trees...they're a kind of cactus...and they aren't even the super tall kind...

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Where are people getting dragon fruit tree from? Dragon fruits don't even grow on trees...they're a kind of cactus...and they aren't even the super tall kind...

It's because the leaf-like extensions look like palm fronds. Like I said, I think its Typing is in reference to the Madagascar Dragon Tree.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
They may not technically be a tree, but they certainly look like Exeggutor. Link.

Not saying they can't have drawn inspiration from elsewhere, like the Madagascar Dragon tree, etc. But the resemblance is uncanny.

storm12

Weather Bearer

Not to be a pedant but Absinthe is believed to named from the greek for wormwood. 'Green Fairy' is actually a poetic title for it derived from French. A rabid venemous green pixie sounds awesome though. Omg...

Alolan Sableye, Poison/Fairy:

'Instead of eating ore which was scarce in Alola, it had to look for other sources of nutrition. A plant that grew nearby the caves Sableye is used to, secreted a translucent green sap that formed dangling crystal-like formations. Sableye was drawn to this substance and despite it being poisonous, it's digestive system that is used to dealing with solid minerals actually adapted to it. The green sap altered Sableye's behavior however and made it eratic and agile compared to regular Sableye . It appears to interact with a different world than what we see and instead of gemstones it has crystaline orbs for eyes. It also began to secrete a similar green substance from its claws which causes delirium in those who are unfortunate enough to be attacked by an Alolan Sableye.'

Tinted Lens/Unaware
HP: 40
Atk: 95
Def: 60
SpA: 30
SpD: 54
Spe: 101
BST: 380 (same as regular Sableye)

Last edited:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Not to be a pedant but Absinthe is believed to named from the greek for wormwood. 'Green Fairy' is actually a poetic title for it derived from French. A rabid venemous green pixie sounds awesome though. Omg...

Alolan Sableye, Poison/Fairy:

'Instead of eating ore which was scarce in Alola, it had to look for other sources of nutrition. A plant that grew nearby the caves Sableye is used to, secreted a translucent green sap that formed dangling crystal-like formations. Sableye was drawn to this substance and despite it being poisonous, it's digestive system that is used to dealing with solid minerals actually adapted to it. The green sap altered Sableye's behavior however and made it eratic and agile compared to regular Sableye . It appears to interact with a different world than what we see and instead of gemstones it has crystaline orbs for eyes. It also began to secrete a similar green substance from its claws which causes delirium in those who are unfortunate enough to be attacked by an Alolan Sableye.'

Tinted Lens/Unaware
HP: 40
Atk: 95
Def: 60
SpA: 30
SpD: 54
Spe: 101
BST: 380 (same as regular Sableye)

Very nice, though that is something I suggest posting over in the Regional Variants thread (that's where all my ideas for Alola Forms are). And you're right about the root of absinthe, but the green fairy and grand wormwood connection lend themselves to both the hallucinogenic and toxic qualities this theoretical Mon would have. Also, strangely enough, the Fakemon I made with this concept had remarkably similar stats, just with much more Sp. Defense and slightly higher stats elsewhere. I also gave it an Ability called Green Daze, which granted all Poison moves a chance to confuse. I called it Jabsinthe :)

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I would like to see a pokemon with developed branches.

l->Stage one (1st branch)-> Stage two (1st branch)
Basic stage-l
l->Stage one (2nd branch)-> Stage two (2nd branch)

A line with extreme variety.

PS: I'll feel super dumb if I'm forgetting a line like that. XD

storm12

Weather Bearer
Very nice, though that is something I suggest posting over in the Regional Variants thread (that's where all my ideas for Alola Forms are). And you're right about the root of absinthe, but the green fairy and grand wormwood connection lend themselves to both the hallucinogenic and toxic qualities this theoretical Mon would have. Also, strangely enough, the Fakemon I made with this concept had remarkably similar stats, just with much more Sp. Defense and slightly higher stats elsewhere. I also gave it an Ability called Green Daze, which granted all Poison moves a chance to confuse. I called it Jabsinthe :)

Thank you ^_^ I will go and post it in the Alolan variations. I really like the idea of Green Daze :) Jabsinthe XD cool name but referencing absinthe directly is probably a no no :p

On topic, I am quite happy with the variety of fairies we've had this gen, just hoping some of them have higher BST than most of the ones we got last gen baring a few expections like Florges and the retcons i.e. Togekiss.

Orphalesion

It might derive from French, but still the Green Fairy has certainly entered the wider folklore of the English speaking countries. In some version she is a symbol for the elusive. dangerous and deadly "inspiration" certain artists seek to gain from mind altering substances like Absinthe. A dangerous muse that helps the struggling poet (or other artist) to achieve new heights of creativity but ultimately burns away his vitality.

I think it would be perfect for either Fairy/Dark or Fairy/Ghost, or even Fairy/Poison. A deceptive beautiful pixie, like Gourgheist. Draining Kiss would be mandatory for it, maybe also Dream Eater and/or Leech Life...

storm12

Weather Bearer
It might derive from French, but still the Green Fairy has certainly entered the wider folklore of the English speaking countries. In some version she is a symbol for the elusive. dangerous and deadly "inspiration" certain artists seek to gain from mind altering substances like Absinthe. A dangerous muse that helps the struggling poet (or other artist) to achieve new heights of creativity but ultimately burns away his vitality.

I think it would be perfect for either Fairy/Dark or Fairy/Ghost, or even Fairy/Poison. A deceptive beautiful pixie, like Gourgheist. Draining Kiss would be mandatory for it, maybe also Dream Eater and/or Leech Life...

I was merely pointing out the term seems to have originated in French but entered into English and beyond as the Green Fairy. I can't actually say this is a term I had heard of before and I find these details very interesting.

I love how moves like Draining Kiss are perfect for Fairy type too: it carries the deceptive quality of being simply a cute kiss when in reality it is sapping the life from you... I love it! Its the same sort of thing with Charm and sweet kiss; ruses, to make the foe lower their guard.......

Status
Not open for further replies.