• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre_King

A lot of people are expecting/hoping Rockruff's evolution is either a wolf or a werewolf.

Am I the only one that is actually hoping for something more...husky? A feral, in-touch-with-its-inner-wild husky, but still husky?

Initially I thought the same thing and I still see it as a possibility, but based on its evolution having something to do with night time it may lead to the possibility of a wolf or werewolf evolution. In any case I would be happy with any of those three choices fr an evolution. Personally if Rockruff does become a wolf or werewolf then I hope a future pokemon is based on a husky and is part ice type :)

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Initially I thought the same thing and I still see it as a possibility, but based on its evolution having something to do with night time it may lead to the possibility of a wolf or werewolf evolution. In any case I would be happy with any of those three choices fr an evolution. Personally if Rockruff does become a wolf or werewolf then I hope a future pokemon is based on a husky and is part ice type :)

Rock ice...

If this thing doesn't has at least 80 speed he will suck to new heights no other pokemon has seen.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
Yeah, I doubt that we'll get another Grass/Flying bird right away, expecially on the first Route, I was just clarifying what I believed they meant. I always saw a Grass bird as being a peacock, with huge blooming plumage, but I really like direction they'vee taken with Rowlet and Rowlet Hood.

As for Pikipek and its Evos, Steel/Flying would be cool, but it would sort of undermine the usefulness of Skill Link Bullet Seed (which I think it's fair to say it will get) a bit, while doing nothing to help it get past other Steel-Types. Still, I'm hoping that, whatever its typing may end up being, that the Pikipek line will get a multi-hit Flying move, especially since woodpeckers are able to drive their peaks into a tree 20 times per second. Not giving a creature like that some sort of "Rapid Peck" move would be a major oversight, if you ask me.

I don't suppose they'll ever introduce a "steel bullet" or "machine gun" move... and if they did it would probably have to be renamed for the dubbed anime or end up causing another episode to be blacklisted along with the safari episode where ash got all his tauros.

I honestly forgot about the skill link and seeds thing. Yeah, hopefully it will get some new multi-hit moves introduced for it. The woodpecker flying sort of thing you posited has a pretty decent chance, I think.

Rock ice...

If this thing doesn't has at least 80 speed he will suck to new heights no other pokemon has seen.

yeah, a rock-ice would probably want some pretty crazy speed and attack to lessen major defensive typing issues, but as a glass cannon it's offensive presence might be good, considering it has STAB super effective coverage for seven types and only one type that resists both stabs.

but I think an ice-type husky, even if not this one, would be cool. Now if only ice-typing was just a teensy bit less of a death sentence defensively...

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Two hours and 7 minutes left!

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I'm excited! Let's hope for some Rockruff news. I don't think that will be Corocoro exclusive.

Galvantula1992

I'm hoping that next week we find out Rockruff's evolution in CoroCoro and today we find out about the ruby monkey Pokemon.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
I'm hoping that next week we find out Rockruff's evolution in CoroCoro and today we find out about the ruby monkey Pokemon.

Ngl, that just reminds me of Aladdin :D

[IMG200]http://66.media.tumblr.com/5b7f5d7d66c939ce411c075564b4dfd9/tumblr_npybxmRKlH1shyusgo8_500.gif[/IMG200]

Which leak was that one from, though? It's hard keeping track..

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

[IMG200]http://66.media.tumblr.com/5b7f5d7d66c939ce411c075564b4dfd9/tumblr_npybxmRKlH1shyusgo8_500.gif[/IMG200]

It was from the Chinese leak.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

The Chinese Leak, and it was a rugby monkey, not ruby monkey :)

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!

I was always like Abu as a child. "Woah, big shiny rock, must have! :O"

The Chinese Leak, and it was a rugby monkey, not ruby monkey :)

Might have been a spelling error, and it actually was "ruby monkey" XD.

XXD17

Draco rex
I was always like Abu as a child. "Woah, big shiny rock, must have! :O"

Might have been a spelling error, and it actually was "ruby monkey" XD.

Nah...the conversation specified that it was "rugby"...it's supposed to be some kind of monkey with a ball...one guy asked if the translation said "football" (as in American football), but the other one said that "rugby" was the more accurate translation.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Nah...the conversation specified that it was "rugby"...it's supposed to be some kind of monkey with a ball...one guy asked if the translation said "football" (as in American football), but the other one said that "rugby" was the more accurate translation.

It was a joke. ;P

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
What is with some of these names? Are these supposed to be legendaries?

The jellyfish in particular.

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
Alolan Raticate looks awful. Type:Null seems like my favorite. Something tells me its related to the Aether Foundation and those guys aren't as good as they seem.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Alolan Raticate was super disappointing after Alolan Rattata had so much promise..

Type: Null... is that it's actual name? Like.. yeah.. That not really it's name, right?
It's got a cool design and everything, but still..

The dragon looks cool and shows some promise!

And the Ultra Beast..? Literally a faceless jellyfish..

Status
Not open for further replies.