• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Now that I'm over my disappointment on the trailer, made worse by slow internet and taking 5 minutes to see the first 30 seconds, and looked closer at the Pokemon I don't hate them as much as I thought I did. I actually think Alolan Raticate looks really funny and I actually like it. Just a shame it still lacks Guts. Jangmo-o is cute but it's name is just bizarre. I also like how it has Bulletproof for one of its abilities. I still stand by Type: Null having one of the worst Pokemon names ever but I do like its design and nick naming it will sort out the naming issue. UB-01 is probably the only one I still don't like at all. It just looks so weird to me. Curious to know if there's a connection between it and Lillie though.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Cutiefly evolution?

D3BN7Z.png

It's still so tiny! :eek:

Bus

Seems like seem really odd names for some of these. 'Type: Null' and 'UB-01'; this is most be the most recently inhabited Pokemon region if there are pokemon that dont even have names yet.

On a side note, I wodner if that dragon introduced is going to be the pseudo for this gen. It looks like it could easily have a couple more forms and with Bullet Proof as a possible ability, its setting itself up for a lot of potential.

I have to say, I like the designs. That Jellyfish is pretty cool looking. Man, so much to process...

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Cutiefly evolution?

D3BN7Z.png

Yep, Cuteifly evo. And as people have mentioned, there seems to be an odd UB-01 Lillie connection, with its color scheme resembling hers and its shape being the same as her hair and hat. Given that it can change shape at will, it wouldn't be too unreasonable to assume that it IS Lillie.

Also, Type: Null, as has been mentioned, is some sort of patchwork chimera. Interesting choice...

I noticed that too. Team Skull making Chimera-Pokémon?

I get the feeling that the Aether Organization is responsible for this particular monstrosity.

Akashin

Considering how UB-01 spawns on the Aether Sanctuary, or whatever it's called.. But the head of that organization seems surprised that it spawned. So I don't think they do.

To be fair, if they created UB-01 and it then got away and lived in secret as Lillie, her surprise at its arrival would still be warranted.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Seems like seem really odd names for some of these. 'Type: Null' and 'UB-01'; this is most be the most recently inhabited Pokemon region if there are pokemon that dont even have names yet.

Based on the info we have, Type: Null is a artificially created chimera styled Pokemon, and UB-01 along with other Ultra Beasts are unknown entities.

So, there names actually makes sense in here.

You can't give proper names to something on which you don't know much about. While the name Type: Null is quite similar in style to how we have the names like Mewtwo or Genesect, both of which are artificial Pokemons in a way as well.

Jazzroen

Dragon Trainer
UB-01 is Lillie. no doubt about it and I hate it. That and Type Null... I don't know man, it just doesn't sound like something that belongs in Pokémon. I'm quite disappointed. maybe Gamefreak is trying too hard this time

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm trying to stay positive. But honestly these designs don't sit overly well with me.

What did they do to Raticate? :3

I like the idea of the organisation that looks after and protects Pokemon tho. It's about time.

Gonna tell you this up front, don't kid yourself. The scenario is likely that Team Skull acts as the front: They terrorize, then the Aether Foundation comes in and "saves" the critters, takes them to the Aether Paradise... and here's the punchline: does research.. HMMM... That sounds really shady.

The fact that they've all got those green eyes also doesn't bode very well, Lillie is probably a daughter/sister of Lusamine - who knows their real goals.

R_N

So the japanese commercial/trailer shows Minior with its shields down as its default state. It's shown that being sent out in battle, being traded & in pokemonamie

That's surprising. Is there no way to put the Shields back up?

Class Zero

We have arrived.
So Type: Null is absolutely going to remove its helmet at some point to either fight a Legendary or Ultra Beast, right? :D

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Firstly, I'm very confused, because where did it say Type: Null is an Ultra Beast? Did Serebii make a mistake?

I actually like Type: Null's design, and I assume we will get some explanation as to its very strange name. It actually reminds me of a concept I had for an evil team who wanted to Normalise all Pokemon (ie make the Normal type). Witht hat name he could be involved in something similar. Or with his Frankenstein's monstery looks, maybe he is supposed to be a combination of all types (ending up Normal the same way white light is composed of all wavelengths). Either way, he surely has some interesting backstory.

Jangmo-o looks really cool and has some decent abilities. I love the dinosaur-esque design and I hope it evolves into something awesome. I know we usually don't see pseudos before release, but he has the feel of either that or a fossil, and with no Rock typing, I'm leaning towards pseudo.

UB-01 is an odd one to say the least. No explanation of what Ultra Beasts are, just the implication there are more. However, it does strongly remind me of XD-001, and there was only ever one of him, so maybe this is another failed experiment. I'm definitely getting the impression, like a lot of others, that it is man made. And with the Aether Foundation's man-made island, I'm suspecting a link there.

Gonna tell you this up front, don't kid yourself. The scenario is likely that Team Skull acts as the front: They terrorize, then the Aether Foundation comes in and "saves" the critters, takes them to the Aether Paradise... and here's the punchline: does research.. HMMM... That sounds really shady.

The fact that they've all got those green eyes also doesn't bode very well, Lillie is probably a daughter/sister of Lusamine - who knows their real goals.
First part is exactly what I thought. I would love if that was true. I said a while ago that Skull seems like a thuggish front for something more sinister. As Snagem was for Cipher in Colosseum.

I didn't notice the Lillie, UB-01 link at first, but from what everyone else is saying, I can't deny it.

Last edited:

WolfCypher

UB-01 is Lillie. no doubt about it and I hate it. That and Type Null... I don't know man, it just doesn't sound like something that belongs in Pokémon. I'm quite disappointed. maybe Gamefreak is trying too hard this time

Careful. People don;t take too kindly to variety of opinions on these here internets.

I'm...ohhhkay(?) with these changes (I...guess?) in gameplay structure but I don't like almost half the Pokémon or variations this generation.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
The official Pokemon website doesn't list UB-01 in any part of the Pokemon section so Ultra Beast must not be considered Pokemon then, while Type: Null is a standard Pokemon it seems? I am so confused. :(

Rampharos

So Jangmo-O and Drampa both have green scales, yellow highlights, white fur and Drampa's eye-colour looks the same as Jangmo-O's but with cataracts. Both are dragons. Yet they seem totally unrelated. In fact every single dragon so far including alolan forms features green heavily. Weird coincidence.

R_N

Firstly, I'm very confused, because where did it say Type: Null is an Ultra Beast? Did Serebii make a mistake?

I actually like Type: Null's design, and I assume we will get some explanation as to its very strange name. It actually reminds me of a concept I had for an evil team who wanted to Normalise all Pokemon (ie make the Normal type). Witht hat name he could be involved in something similar. Or with his Frankenstein's monstery looks, maybe he is supposed to be a combination of all types (ending up Normal the same way white light is composed of all wavelengths). Either way, he surely has some interesting backstory.

Jangmo-o looks really cool and has some decent abilities. I love the dinosaur-esque design and I hope it evolves into something awesome. I know we usually don't see pseudos before release, but he has the feel of either that or a fossil, and with no Rock typing, I'm leaning towards pseudo.

UB-01 is an odd one to say the least. No explanation of what Ultra Beasts are, just the implication there are more. However, it does strongly remind me of XD-001, and there was only ever one of him, so maybe this is another failed experiment. I'm definitely getting the impression, like a lot of others, that it is man made. And with the Aether Foundation's man-made island, I'm suspecting a link there.

I don't think UB-1 is man made, I think it's a weird being from another world

You see it enter from a strange portal & it's all otherworldly. Changing shapes (supposedly) not classified as anything other than a beast and an identifying number

Status
Not open for further replies.