• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I think Jangmoo is our pseudo.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
UB-01 is Lillie. no doubt about it and I hate it. That and Type Null... I don't know man, it just doesn't sound like something that belongs in Pokémon. I'm quite disappointed. maybe Gamefreak is trying too hard this time
Type: Null is a man made monstrosity of a pokémon and Ultra Beasts are a whole new kind of creatures since we only had humans and pokémon in the world so far. So, yeah, I guess they are not supposed to fit into what we had up to this point.
Their names make even more clear it was intentional.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Where are people getting the whole Lillie is UB-01 thing from? Also Type:Null is the strangest name for a Pokemon.

UB-01's movements are described as resembling a young girl, put that with its ability to transform and how its body shape resembles Lillie and her hat/dress...

R_N

The official Pokemon website doesn't list UB-01 in any part of the Pokemon section so Ultra Beast must not be considered Pokemon then, while Type: Null is a standard Pokemon it seems? I am so confused. :(

Ultra Beasts are strange things but not Pokemon (though i'd be surprised if we never fight one)

Type: Null is a synthesized, man made pokemon.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Where are people getting the whole Lillie is UB-01 thing from? Also Type:Null is the strangest name for a Pokemon.

official site said:
UB-01’s body is composed of a glass-like substance. However, it’s constantly changing shapes, never settling on one.

While evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed in UB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions. It’s said that, for some reason, its movements resemble those of a young girl
Pretty much says "Hey, remember Lillie? This is her true form!"

Xyzandere

Ghosts n Stuff
I've got a feeling UB-01 isn't actually Lillie but rather the two are connected story wise. Something like UB-01 mimics Lillie because she was the first human it saw or something. Its very unlikely they'd give such a major twist away before the games release

Mudster

Master of the Legend
I like the two new Pokemon revealed today.

Type: Null looks very different, and it wouldn't be the first artificial Pokemon, so why not have another one? Pretty cool to essentially have a Chimera Pokemon.

Jangmo-o also looks very cool. I'm pretty sure it is the pseudo of this generation, and I hope it stays as a quadruped.

So the japanese commercial/trailer shows Minior with its shields down as its default state. It's shown that being sent out in battle, being traded & in pokemonamie

That's surprising. Is there no way to put the Shields back up?

Couldn't he just not have healed it after it was caught? If it was traded, sent out in battle or interacted with in Amie while still below 50% I don't see why it wouldn't have the shields down.
As for why, simply because it looks cuter on video with the shields down, and it shows off the different colorations.

Cradily17

So UB-01 supposedly isn't an actual Pokémon, but it's a boss like the other Totem Pokémon. This thing is really giving me Pokéstar Studios vibes, especially with that name.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Am I the only one that thinks Gladion and Lusamine may be related to Lily? They look so similar. On the other hand that jellyfish thing... Looks like Lily too. So weird.

On the new pokemon I'm very intrigued about Type:Null and kinda like its design. That little dragon I fell in love with already. Alolan raticate is not my cup of tea unfortunately since I wanted to like it. That cutiefly evo looks cute. I want to see a better pic of it tho.

The feature that excited me the most is the one that lets you take pictures. I'm a sucker for those things and I know that I'm going to spend countless hours taking picture after picture lol

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
The aether fundation are the bad guys.

Lusamina is too hot to be a good person.

I mean, I just know not to trust anyone who's trying so hard to seem squeaky clean, but you have your logic, I have mine :p

QueenPigeon

I remember one of the leaks mentioned a normal type cat pokemon that can have a 2nd type added through breeding. It could have been talking about Type: Null (it has cat ears?), although if it's true it's weird that they didn't mention that feature in the trailer.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Another thing I'm really happy about is the Japanese trailer shows that Turtonator does indeed have a regular turtle mouth/beak. Somehow that has made me like it a lot more than I would have if its snorkel nose turned out to be its mouth. ^_^

Rakurai

It just occurred to me that Jangmo-o having Soundproof means it would be able to laugh at the ever common Hyper Voice Sylveon/Gardevoir.

I really hope it ends up being the pseudo-legend so I can have a dragon that can potentially squish two of the biggest threats to my favorite dragon.

R_N

Couldn't he just not have healed it after it was caught? If it was traded, sent out in battle or interacted with in Amie while still below 50% I don't see why it wouldn't have the shields down.
As for why, simply because it looks cuter on video with the shields down, and it shows off the different colorations.

Rigging a half-HP Minior for every scene doesn't seem right. Its not like normal Minior isn't cute & I doubt they'd want to associate a trade with a half-HP pokemon

Julia Artemis

I remember one of the leaks mentioned a normal type cat pokemon that can have a 2nd type added through breeding. It could have been talking about Type: Null (it has cat ears?), although if it's true it's weird that they didn't mention that feature in the trailer.

I guess. But when I first saw it, nothing screams feline to me. Except maybe the cat of all of our nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.