• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Rigging a half-HP Minior for every scene doesn't seem right. Its not like normal Minior isn't cute & I doubt they'd want to associate a trade with a half-HP pokemon
Other footage may contradict this, but perhaps outside of battle Minior is simply always in its "shields down" state, and "raises the shield" when it enters battle (provided it has enough HP), kind of like how Xerneas is only in its "active form" when in battle.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
It just occurred to me that Jangmo-o having Soundproof means it would be able to laugh at the ever common Hyper Voice Sylveon/Gardevoir.

I really hope it ends up being the pseudo-legend so I can have a dragon that can potentially squish two of the biggest threats to my favorite dragon.
Yes, I had this thought too. It means he's going to have a pretty big advantage in doubles, which i can definitely get behind. :) Even more so if Boomburst gets some increased distribution this gen.

Rigging a half-HP Minior for every scene doesn't seem right. Its not like normal Minior isn't cute & I doubt they'd want to associate a trade with a half-HP pokemon
It is odd, but they've been quite explicit with how Minior's ability works. I think it was just to make it look more like a shooting star and differentiate the two shown in the trailer.

Leosnake

So just watched both English and Japanese trailers.

Type: Null or Nully as I shall be calling him until I can think of an actual nickname sort of reminds me of Gryphon/ Griffin minus the wings. To the point where I can imagine seeing a bird like head and beak in the event the helmet (which the description itself reveals was put onto the Pokemon. And is not actually a part of it lore wise anyway.) Though I will agree that the tail and lack of wings does make it more of a Chimera ultimately.

Either way I would love it at some point if we could remove the helmet off of the poor thing. I would also love it if upon doing this the head was revealed to be more of that of a Canine or Feline rather than the Eagle esque one I imagine.

Do you think we will be able to catch them? Or do you think it will end up being a one off we have to rescue or something from Team Skull themselves? Assuming Team Skull actually did have something to do With Nully's creation and didn't just acquire him in their travels hence the whole "have a bone to pick with you" part. I mean can you imagine what would happen if it turned out that while not exactly good in their actions they turned out not to be the main villain team after all. But via plot twist part way through the Aether foundation did? (Which by the way fits in with both the space theme and Alchemy in regards to their foundation name).

Alolan Raticate seems to be the Totem Pokemon for Moon where Gumshoos would normally be. Which makes me wonder (since I doubt these two would be the only ones.) Who Lurantis' Totem counterpart is. Or are they in both versions as Totems and it merely depends on the time of day which one you face? Since both games are 12 hours apart from each other.

As for the design I think this is the first one this generation that I don't like. I don't hate it either I just prefer the original design for Raticate.

In regards to Jangmo-o I don't have much to say really other than it will be interesting to see what their evolution is going to be. Also this means at least five new dragons this gen if you assume he only evolves once and take into account Alolan Exeggutor.

The first thing that popped into my head upon seeing UB-01 was "uh oh there are going to be more of them". I mean think about it. If they are in fact Lillie as some people are speculating. And they also have 01 in their name... just saying.

Over all I think Nully is my favourite out of those revealed so far today. I also can't wait to see what we will learn about Rockruff on the 12th.

GDK

I remember one of the leaks mentioned a normal type cat pokemon that can have a 2nd type added through breeding. It could have been talking about Type: Null (it has cat ears?), although if it's true it's weird that they didn't mention that feature in the trailer.

Nah that's not it.
It's not a cat, it has bird talons and a fish tail.

WolfCypher

I don't think you can trade Pokémon anymore with less than full HP or statuses. As in, if Minior had only half its HP and you try to trade it, doesn't the game automatically full restore the traded-away Pokémon?

R_N

So just watched both English and Japanese trailers.

Type: Null or Nully as I shall be calling him until I can think of an actual nickname sort of reminds me of Gryphon/ Griffin minus the wings. To the point where I can imagine seeing a bird like head and beak in the event the helmet (which the description itself reveals was put onto the Pokemon. And is not actually a part of it lore wise anyway.) Though I will agree that the tail and lack of wings does make it more of a Chimera ultimately.

Either way I would love it at some point if we could remove the helmet off of the poor thing. I would also love it if upon doing this the head was revealed to be more of that of a Canine or Feline rather than the Eagle esque one I imagine.

Do you think we will be able to catch them? Or do you think it will end up being a one off we have to rescue or something from Team Skull themselves? Assuming Team Skull actually did have something to do With Nully's creation and didn't just acquire him in their travels hence the whole "have a bone to pick with you" part. I mean can you imagine what would happen if it turned out that while not exactly good in their actions they turned out not to be the main villain team after all. But via plot twist part way through the Aether foundation did? (Which by the way fits in with both the space theme and Alchemy in regards to their foundation name).
Considering Gladion, the one using Null, looks like he was part of the Aether family, I'm guessing the twist is the Type: Nulls were created by the Aether Foundation to combat the Ultra BEasts

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Looks like there might be designs of new pokemon in the Japanese trailer on the front of the hotel/resort/fancy building?

Looks like a whale and a ???.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I am intrigued by some of these names. Type: Null didn't even register as being a name at first. Though I love Null's design, it might have earned a spot on the team. UB-01 is also quite intriguing. An experiment gone wrong and escaped perhaps?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Looks like there might be designs of new pokemon in the Japanese trailer on the front of the hotel/resort/fancy building?

That's a Wailord. The others are Magikarp, Huntail, and Whiscash.

Leosnake

Considering Gladion, the one using Null, looks like he was part of the Aether family, I'm guessing the twist is the Type: Nulls were created by the Aether Foundation to combat the Ultra BEasts

This would honestly not surprise me. It would also not surprise me if it turned out that they are the ones who also accidentally created the Ultra beasts and were only surprised by UB-01's appearance. Either because they thought that it had been dealt with years ago. Or because not everyone in the foundation knowns that it was the foundation that caused it in the first place.

Also will Nully be genderless or even breed able is the next question?

Class Zero

We have arrived.
This would honestly not surprise me. It would also not surprise me if it turned out that they are the ones who also accidentally created the Ultra beasts and were only surprised by UB-01's appearance. Either because they thought that it had been dealt with years ago. Or because not everyone in the foundation knowns that it was the foundation that caused it in the first place.

Was wondering the same thing :D
Technically, it's pretty much stated to be a unique Pokemon..

Kronus09

The one on the left looks a lot like a Wishiwashi. The one next to a Luvdisc does not look familiar. It resembles a Lanturn though.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Type: Null is genderless.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
That's a Wailord. The others are Magikarp, Huntail, and Whiscash.

http://prnt.sc/cetoue

This doesn't look like a Wailord.

http://prnt.sc/cetozo

And I cannot make out what this is. But it doesn't look like any pokemon I know.

The one on the left looks a lot like a Wishiwashi. The one next to a Luvdisc does not look familiar. It resembles a Lanturn though.

It's not Wishiwash though, it has white streaks on it's sides, and very different features like it's fins, mouth ect.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
I can imagine a beak under type null's helmet. Actually I'm positive it will look like an eared bird. I think it really has potential

Status
Not open for further replies.