• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Jangmo-o be the base form to the Griffin I've always wanted?

It really doesn't look anything like a Griffin though :s

Type:Null is creepy because I think we may have an idea of where those parts come from :s

Shraeder

It's Lit
Could Jangmo-o be the base form to the Griffin I've always wanted?

I thought it looked like it could evolve into a velociraptor or something similar, a griffin is a possibility too though

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
Jangmo-o is definitely going on my team. Drampa and Turtonator didn't fill my dragon-type itch for this gen, and I hope it evolves into something cool. If only I could figure out how to pronounce it's name.

UB-01 really creeps me out. It kind of looks like Lillie, and the official site even mentions that "it's movements resemble those of a young girl." Perhaps Lillie and the ultra beasts are related somehow? Does she have something to do with the Aether Foundation?

Type: Null makes me think of the Chimera Laboratory from Mother 3. I find it odd that it's name is "Type: Null" when it actually does have a type though. The official site does say that it's power rivals that of legendary Pokemon, so perhaps it has a lot to do with the plot.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Okay, this wasn't what I expected. These are very.... interesting to say at least.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Type: Null looks pretty cool but it has such a wierd name. Dorsn't sound like a normal pokemon name to me. The other one looks kind of cute as well.

Type: Null looks pretty cool but it has such a wierd name. Dorsn't sound like a normal pokemon name to me. The other one looks kind of cute as well.

Type:Null isn't a normal Pokémon (well, in that way)-its synthetic and by the looks of things not cared for or based off a previous species such as Magearna, Porygon, Mewtwo or Genesect.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Today's reveals were really weird to me.

Type:Null looks cool and strong. The whole power rivals legends thing is certainly strange.

The Ultra Beast is weird and not sure what the point of it is since it's likely not a pokemon. (Tho ironically I liked it more than Type:Null as a pokemon).

The dragon looks cool and the first stage of our pseudo

Creyk

I told you all they were feeding us the bottom of the barrel stuff until now. Now THESE are good designs! I love Type: Null, it's amazing. Can't wait to pet one in Amie.

Also, Cutiefly's evo screams "strange but not very different from the base form" middle stage. Can't wait for it to turn into a beautiful fairy moth in it's third and final form.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
I see what you did there. Though I agree since Nully exists I doubt it will be the only Pokemon like that in the game. In fact what with both them and Magearna I fully expect to see at least one or two more man made Pokemon in regards to plot.
It's kinda funny how we have this region where everything is a natural tropical paradise, and then also all these man-made Pokemon. I know it's nothing new, but it's an interesting juxtaposition. I wouldn't put it past GF to have done it on purpose.

To all these people saying "Type: Null doesn't make sense because it has a type", I always took Normal to be effectively a lack of type. It's not exactly elemental, it's just all the stuff that is purely physical, or non-aligned. With the exception of things like Hyper Beam, which I assumed was Normal simply because anything can learn it, and Normal is kind of the "base" or "generic" type. The other option, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, is that Normal as like white light. Not absence of colour, but all of them combined. This would make sense with T:N's chimera/Frankenstein's monster-esque design, but is kind of the opposite of what its name implies. But then, its name was given to it recently, so maybe that side is a hidden secret that hasn't been discovered yet.

Last edited:

Creyk

Ok first thoughts/impressions -

Alolan Raticate - HATE it. The first Alolan form that I don't love. i thought it was going to so savage and ferocious but they just made it fat and ugly.
Cutiefly evo - Meh. I much prefer Cutiefly. I didn't expect the evo to look so human-like. Not really a fan of the human-like pokemon.
Jangmo-o - I love it! 100% has a place on my team. I'm guessing it's the pseudo and may become dragon/steel or dragon/electric.
Type: Null - the design and concept are fine but I'd never use one. I hate hate hate it's name. I wish they had just called it Null. Especially since it does have a type - normal.
UB-01 - Again I hate the name, but I really like the design. It's cool. Genuinely clueless as to what type it will be though.

Now that they've announced the time difference I'm definitely getting Sun. I always preferred playing the games in the daytime.

You can just give them nicknames if the species name bothers you so much

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Type: Null looks pretty cool but it has such a wierd name. Dorsn't sound like a normal pokemon name to me.

Maybe that's what they might have been aiming for in the first place.

Unlike Mewtwo which is a Clone Pokemon, Genesect which is a Modified Pokemon and Magearna which is a Mechanical Pokemon.

Type: Null is a Synthetic or Chimera Pokemon which is a amalgamation of various Pokemon capabilities. So, technically its like the most odd of all the engineered Pokemon's out there.

Edit: By the way, technically Mewtwo isn't that great of a name either, i mean its just "Mew 2".
And neither is Genesect as well, since its just Gene & Insect.

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I don't know why people think Lillie will be UB-01. That's crazy and i don't think it will be the case at all. They said she has something living in her bag, maybe that's UB-01 but no way is the person the pokemon. I don't know where you all got that from.
Lillie is noted from the start to be mysterious, so is UB-01, UB-o1 is said to move like a young girl and to have shape-changing capabilities. Its not hard to see why people would speculate that Lillie could be the creature, since we have had pokemon masquerade as humans before (though in this case UB-01 may not be a pokemon).

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Ok, might I ask why so many people are jumping to the conclusion that Jangmo-o is the base stage of the Psuedo line? It's a Dragon, but Dragons don't have to be Psuedos (and we've never had a Psuedo revealed pre-launch).

Wadeledge

Till all are One
It really doesn't look anything like a Griffin though :s

Type:Null is creepy because I think we may have an idea of where those parts come from :s

It depends on how you look at it. I see a beak-like mouth with what could be wings above it's shoulders.

WolfCypher

Ok, might I ask why so many people are jumping to the conclusion that Jangmo-o is the base stage of the Psuedo line? It's a Dragon, but Dragons don't have to be Psuedos (and we've never had a Psuedo revealed pre-launch).

Gut feeling? I got the "Deino" impression as soon as I saw it.

I'm not jumping to that conclusion...but I am very close to that jumping point.

Murkrow

the Unseen Force
(Long time lurker here)

Wasn't there some leak about a dog with an axe as its head? I remember thinking it sounds too weird (although it seems that this gen, there is no such thing as "too weird") to be a real leak. I can't find the leak anywhere though. Would be interesting as this is something you can't just guess, unlike A-rats.

Does a leak like this exist or have I gone psychic?

Last edited:
Type: Null is really interesting. I like it and its name. "Type" doesn't necessarily have to correlate to actual Pokemon types, the word can mean anything.

Getting pseudo vibes from Jangmo-o. Now someone tell me how to pronounce this name haha.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Type: Null's collar kind of looks like Arceus's ring.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I thought it was a typo, but Null's name really is "Type: Null"

Thats the one problem i have with Alola so far. The english pokemon names for some pokemon.

Type: Null, Jangmo-o, Togedemaru, Charjabug, and Tapu Koko. I'm also in between how i feel about Morelull's name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.