• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
type: Null is really interesting. I like it and its name. "type" doesn't necessarily have to correlate to actual pokemon types, the word can mean anything.

Getting pseudo vibes from jangmo-o. Now someone tell me how to pronounce this name haha.

I think it's "JANG-MOH-OH"

Creyk

The new pseudo dragon looks so cute. I hope it reaches it's final form by level 45 though not here for the grind.

The new pseudo dragon looks so cute. I hope it reaches it's final form by level 45 though not here for the grind.

It's not confirmed to be the pseudo, it could be but tbh it's giving me Axew vibes.

R_N

I hope the cutiefly evo is shown in corocoro. It looks adorable with its maybe-scarf.

.Aerodactyl.

I think the reason type: null has such a weird name is because it's gonna be relevant to the plot. Pretty sure it was created to imitate/defeat the Ultra Beasts. I have feeling they will be typeless...thus "null". With no weaknesses, maybe they will go so far as to resist everything. And type: null was a failed attempt at the "null" type. Don't think null woild be a whole new type, more like a "pseudo" type. It does make me wonder if we can ever catch and train Ultra Beasts ourselves.

Me thinks that Lillie, Lusamine and Gladion are siblings (Lusamine the oldest and Gladion the youngest) or, alternatively, Lillie might even be an Ultra Beast in disguise herself. Perhaps The Aether foundation and Lusamine were doing research that lead to the creation or appearance of the Ultra Beasts, created Type: Null to combat them, but treated it poorly. Gladion wasn't impressed with Lusamine's secrets and treatment of type: null and stole it, running off with Team Skull to combat her under the cover of Team Skull.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
OOO I hope we have access to the type: null, I really really like it! Probably my favorite normal type pokemon now.
I bet it'll be super scary in the anime and freak everyone out,. I wonder if it speaks to other pokemon even...

R_N

I think the reason type: null has such a weird name is because it's gonna be relevant to the plot. Pretty sure it was created to imitate/defeat the Ultra Beasts. I have feeling they will be typeless...thus "null". With no weaknesses, maybe they will go so far as to resist everything. And type: null was a failed attempt at the "null" type. Don't think null woild be a whole new type, more like a "pseudo" type. It does make me wonder if we can ever catch and train Ultra Beasts ourselves.

Me thinks that Lillie, Lusamine and Gladion are siblings (Lusamine the oldest and Gladion the youngest) or, alternatively, Lillie might even be an Ultra Beast in disguise herself. Perhaps The Aether foundation and Lusamine were doing research that lead to the creation or appearance of the Ultra Beasts, created Type: Null to combat them, but treated it poorly. Gladion wasn't impressed with Lusamine's secrets and treatment of type: null and stole it, running off with Team Skull to combat her under the cover of Team Skull.

Type: Null is explicitly Normal type. The name comes from its mask.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
When I read the main site I thought Type:Null was actually a new type for Normal Pokemon with Battle Armour. I'm a bit slow.

It's helmet somewhat resembles Arceus, plus the site says it restrains its power and that it was used in a mission once before. Maybe this this was/will be used in a DPP remake.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Ok, might I ask why so many people are jumping to the conclusion that Jangmo-o is the base stage of the Psuedo line? It's a Dragon, but Dragons don't have to be Psuedos (and we've never had a Psuedo revealed pre-launch).
I agree. I actually don't think it's the pseudo simply because they've never revealed the pseudo pre-launch. Of course, that doesn't mean it can't happen, but I'm willing to keep an open mind.

People assumed Haxorus and Noivern were the pseudos for Gens V and VI, too. I think this is a similar situation to that.

XXD17

Draco rex
Welp...you guys got your griffin...or chimera...sort of...lol...that thing is disturbing...could the Aristotle bust be the clue for Type: Null?

Last edited:

Anthea

Jangmoo is obviously the psuedo

You can't say "ohhh previous gens didn't reveal the psuedo so this gen won't"... Previous gens didn't reveal this much info and Pokemon, previous gens didn't have alola forms, so do not apply that silly rule.

It is a small dragon = stage 1 , with plenty space for evolution of its features (tail legs scales etc etc) it even has a massive psuedo esque feature on its head that I can see will be added upon. Gible had the huge shark fin, haxorus evo 1 had the blade like scales, goomy had the antenna, etc etc.

The heart scale gives me a funny hint that it will be part fairy

.Aerodactyl.

Type: Null is explicitly Normal type. The name comes from its mask.

Oh, I know it's normal type, that's why I said failed attempt at the "null" type. They couldn't sytlnthesize the alien type and it came out normal, the closest thing to "null".

It's name also doesn't come from the mask. The site says specifically:

"This Pokémon wearing a mask has been dubbed “Null,” meaning nothing".

It simply described to wear a mask, and that it has been "dubbed" null which means nothing. It doest say the name came from the helmet at all.

But it's just a theory about Type: Null. I could be way off, but right now it just seems a plausible idea to me and like its pointing that way.

I also think Jangomoo will evolve to be part fighting, just because of its description. A dragon/fighting would make a pretty formidable pseudo legend in my opinion.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
It'll be interesting if those pointy bits around Type: Null's neck are something to do with Arceus' golden pointy bits...

Really wanna see what it's like with the helmet off now!

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Jangmoo is obviously the psuedo

You can't say "ohhh previous gens didn't reveal the psuedo so this gen won't"... Previous gens didn't reveal this much info and Pokemon, previous gens didn't have alola forms, so do not apply that silly rule.

It is a small dragon = stage 1 , with plenty space for evolution of its features (tail legs scales etc etc) it even has a massive psuedo esque feature on its head that I can see will be added upon. Gible had the huge shark fin, haxorus evo 1 had the blade like scales, goomy had the antenna, etc etc.

The heart scale gives me a funny hint that it will be part fairy

Haxorus is not a pseudo legend. This could just be like Axewe.

Anyways, I wonder what Null will be like without it's helmet. It should be on a lever similar to legends then.

And do yall think that's cutiefly's final evo? Because I think it could go either way from how it looks.

GDK

If you find type:null to be a weird name may I remind you a lot of people translated the regis name by register:steel register:ice and register steel.

aerial_ace

wow type:null is probably top 3 new pokemon revelead this gen for me such an amazing design it is odd and its name is strange but looks like there will be some plot/secret behind it love this pokemon!!.
dragon pokemon is so cute and it looks like a pseudo of this gen.

Gizmoa

Type: Null.... missngNo.'s true form revealed! Not to mention, the most extreme manifestation of a chimera as one could imagine... I'm impressed.

Jangmo-o.... obligatory classic dragon-like dragon pokemon. I'm interested to see where they take it. I can see it getting very cresty, or going the other way and become less cresty. It kind of has a lot of dino vibe going on, so I would not be shocked if it goes more that direction than super cool dragony... though I would rather it be dragony. We could use an elegant western style dragon.

Alola Raticate.... why... whyyyyyyy :( okay I get the buboes reference from it being a plague rat and that it is gorged and has chubby cheeks... but... it just isn't an attractive design... it's not cute, disturbing, cool, creepy or anything, it's just awkward. Only design that I dislike this gen. I'm hoping it comes with some animations that make it look lass silly.

UB-01... that looks cool, but anyone else notice how different it looks in the video from the concept/box art? Makes me wonder if they grabbed the wrong one, or if they have multiple forms/shift or what. edit: I just read about it on pokemon.com, maybe it is related to the ghost girls and not even technically a pokemon?

Last edited:

john90

Something to think about:
In Italy Type: Null is called "Tipo Zero". Now, in pokemon history Italian pokemon names have never changed from English ones. This makes me believe that Type: Null is not its actual name, just a reference to it being like an experiment. Type: Null is a multigene pokemon (Italian dex), is synthetic, has latent powers and is described "powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology". Remember when the leaker said that Marshadow has a unique type combination? I don't think normal type fits its dex entry and design (and, well, name of course). I think it could be some early form of Marshadow, it also has some shadow theme in its design.

Grey Wind

I LOVE Type: Null, it's easily my favourite Pokemon revealed so far. The mismatched body is awesome, the wooden helmet and the axe are cool, and I'm really interested in its lore (I like the idea of it being created to challenge the Ultra Beasts or w/e). I'm a big fan of Jangmo-o too. I dunno about it being the pseudo but it's design is really cute. Here's hoping for Dragon/Fighting.

DreamShield

Jangmo-o is SO cute I love it's description that it never turns its back so people think it's valiant and it's huge heart scale! I also like its abilities and what evolutions could come from it, I'm not sure why it has soundproof. I think this might be the first non-seahorse dragon I'm really interested in! (I was interested in the Goomy line but not as much as this)

Status
Not open for further replies.