• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SueChef

Old dog, new tricks!
Type:Null UNBOUND! If it really is a unique unbreedable pokemon, which I think it should be personally based on the lore we have so far, then perhaps it will have another form without the helmet which is supposed to suppress it's power. I love the design, I want one on my team, but if I have to wait til endgame for Gladion to hand it over so be it.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
Alola Raticate.... why... whyyyyyyy :( okay I get the buboes reference from it being a plague rat and that it is gorged and has chubby cheeks... but... it just isn't an attractive design... it's not cute, disturbing, cool, creepy or anything, it's just awkward. Only design that I dislike this gen. I'm hoping it comes with some animations that make it look lass silly.

Alolan Raticates aren't plague rats, that would be more fitting for a poison type. They're just gourmands. They send their nests of Rattata out to find food and they eat a lot. I love the Alola rats, myself, and I still think Raticate looks menacing, even behind its chubby cheeks.

I thought it was a typo, but Null's name really is "Type: Null"

Thats the one problem i have with Alola so far. The english pokemon names for some pokemon.

Type: Null, Jangmo-o, Togedemaru, Charjabug, and Tapu Koko. I'm also in between how i feel about Morelull's name.

Mr. Mime would like a word with you.

Here's what I find interesting about Type: Null. It looks like it was Frankensteined together with pieces of other Pokemon, but I can't quite place what species the pieces would have come from. The front legs kinda look familiar but that's it. If it was made from pieces of other species, then that would mean there were species that naturally had body parts that look like these, so there would be a species with a head that looks like it, one with front legs that look like it, one with a tail like it, etc.

RenanSegretti

Renan Segretti
I don't know if someone already mention this But I noticed some similarities between Type: Null and Arceus.

First: They are dogs... Haha
Second: If Type: Null can change its type like his name suggests.
Third: His necklace... Kinda looks like the Arceus thing on his body don't you think?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So, I assume Type Null is man-made like Magearna, but maybe not precisely in the same light.

Magearna seems to be a living pokemon in an man-made vessel. Type Null seems more like an experiment, not even in the sense of the Porygon line, but rather a drawing board specimen actualized. I'm not entirely sure how to feel about it, but I'll definitely check into it when the game comes out.

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
The mask fitted to Type: Null’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It’s extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null’s agility.
^^
that right there makes me wonder if there is another form. what if you take the head piece off?

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
The mask fitted to Type: Null’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It’s extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null’s agility.
^^
that right there makes me wonder if there is another form. what if you take the head piece off?

Then it's very existence will destroy the world!

...Or it will become real powerful/gain new abilities, who knows?

PleasePanic

^^

I am certain it has another form. The mask hinders its speed and control its powers. I'm guessing the other form will be faster and less defensive (battle armor off!) plus an ability.

Sun and Moon are looking to be superb games, even more than we thought!

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
Then it's very existence will destroy the world!

...Or it will become real powerful/gain new abilities, who knows?

I am certain it has another form. The mask hinders its speed and control its powers. I'm guessing the other form will be faster and less defensive (battle armor off!) plus an ability.

Sun and Moon are looking to be superb games, even more than we thought!

if you look on the official site its current ability with the mask is battle armor, in the description it says this hinders its agility ability.

I would think it would be very different without the mask and its ability will be super fast.
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/type-null/

Bus

what if Type: Null is actually Marshadow?

And we get a key item that releases the helmut and transforms it into its true nature? Maybe, though I feel like since Marshadow is supposed to be the 3rd to go along with Solageo & Lunaala, I'd imagine it wouldnt be essentially a homunculus pokemon.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Jangmo-o: Love it. Might use it on my playthrough of Sun if none of the other new Dragon types interest me much.(Which, Drampa and Turtonator haven't) It looks really cute and I could see it becoming a Dragon/Fighting type, which would be really crazy and unique.

Type: Null: I have an itching feeling that is not it's actual name? I don't know, it feels too mysterious to me right now, but it's really cool and it reminds me of so many current Pokemon that I can't even begin to think which ones it reminds me of.

Cutiefly Evolution: Hopefully we see this in the next issue of Corocoro, they wouldn't have teased it if it weren't going to be revealed soon, I know that. It looks really cute, and I'm glad to see that is what Cutiefly will evolve into, I was expecting the worst, but it actually looks really, really good! Doesn't look like it'll evolve again, but if it does, I'll be super happy!

DSDark

Breeder
All right I haven't done one of these before but I feel I need to talk about these new pokemon

Type: Null: I like the design it's a cool looking pokemon. However it's name is the worse name ever. It should just be called Null and it's typing is awful. Its a mix match of pokemon and it should reflect that, its very much so not normal

Jangmo-o: I like this little guy. It'll probably be the Psuedo but it needs good second type to help it out. I'm thinking steel would work well. If it's Dragon/Steel and still has Bulletproof it'll be a very good Psuedo.

Cutiebee: That's what i'm naming the pokemon accidentally shown in the live action trailer. This is definitely the final form of Cutiefly. It has the same color scheme, same need of arms and legs. Plus if you look at it's wings it has three loops where Cutiefly has one. So Cutiebee could be the final right after Cutiefly or there could be a second stage that has two loops on the wings. I hope it's competitively useful it's just wonderful looking.

PleasePanic

if you look on the official site its current ability with the mask is battle armor, in the description it says this hinders its agility ability.

I would think it would be very different without the mask and its ability will be super fast.

That's what I meant, the other form will be his ''unbound'' form (without the mask and this ability).

Status
Not open for further replies.