• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
So here are the number of dragons that debuted each gen(no legends or megas):

Gen 1 introduced the Dragonite line
Gen 2 introduced Kingdra
Gen 3 introduced the Altaria line, Flygon line, and Salamance line (of which Sala is the pseudo)
Gen 4 introduced the Garchomp line
Gen 5 introduced the Druggidon, Haxorous line, and Hydreigon line (of which Hyd is the pseudo)
Gen 6 introduced Dragalgae, Tyrantum line, Noivern line, and Goodra line (of which Good is the pseudo)

So yes, it is entirely possible that Jangmo-o is NOT the pseudo legend, and past evidence suggests this. We have gotten three dragon lines this gen so far, Drampa, Turtonator, and Jangmo-o so while Jangmo-o could be the pseudo legend (and it kinda looks like it to me) it isn't crazy for it not to be (because our pseudo legend can still be a non dragon pokemon) and it could be following the path Gen 6 established.

Though, if Jangmo-o does indeed evolve into a Dragon/Fighting type, part of me feels it will be the pseudo. That is a really powerful typing (only resisted by the Fairy type).

Daisukereds

Calling it now, Null will probably learn all the TMs and have moves that will allow it to change types (Reflect Type), or maybe even Protean if it takes the Armor off.

Julia Artemis

All right I haven't done one of these before but I feel I need to talk about these new pokemon

Type: Null: I like the design it's a cool looking pokemon. However it's name is the worse name ever. It should just be called Null and it's typing is awful. Its a mix match of pokemon and it should reflect that, its very much so not normal

Jangmo-o: I like this little guy. It'll probably be the Psuedo but it needs good second type to help it out. I'm thinking steel would work well. If it's Dragon/Steel and still has Bulletproof it'll be a very good Psuedo.

Cutiebee: That's what i'm naming the pokemon accidentally shown in the live action trailer. This is definitely the final form of Cutiefly. It has the same color scheme, same need of arms and legs. Plus if you look at it's wings it has three loops where Cutiefly has one. So Cutiebee could be the final right after Cutiefly or there could be a second stage that has two loops on the wings. I hope it's competitively useful it's just wonderful looking.

All synthetic pokemon get Normal typings. Look at Porygon and Castform. That's why they gave it Normal. Also it's name has to do with it being created just to kill legendaries. It's actually kind of sad. Like out of Evangelion or Saikano. :( Poor Null.

DSDark

Breeder

Gen 2 introduced Kingdra
Gen 3 introduced the Altaria line, Flygon line, and Salamance line (of which Sala is the pseudo)
Gen 5 introduced the Druggidon, Haxorous line, and Hydreigon line (of which Hyd is the pseudo)
Gen 6 introduced Dragalgae, Tyrantum line, Noivern line, and Goodra line (of which Good is the pseudo)

So yes, it is entirely possible that Jangmo-o is NOT the pseudo legend, and past evidence suggests this. We have gotten three dragon lines this gen so far, Drampa, Turtonator, and Jangmo-o so while Jangmo-o could be the pseudo legend (and it kinda looks like it to me) it isn't crazy for it not to be (because our pseudo legend can still be a non dragon pokemon) and it could be following the path Gen 6 established.

Though, if Jangmo-o does indeed evolve into a Dragon/Fighting type, part of me feels it will be the pseudo. That is a really powerful typing (only resisted by the Fairy type).

I think Jangmo-o is more likely to be /Steel rather the fighting.

Andyomon00

Seer of Doom
Jangmo-o: Best one out of the batch revealed today and most likely the pseudo of this generation. I love how cute this thing is and how this thing is a call back to things like Bagon and Gible. I'm hoping this thing becomes the Steel/Dragon pseudo legend that I've always wanted

Type: Null: A very interesting pokemon from both a design and lore perspective. It reminds me a lot of the amalgamates from Undertale, which makes me feel kind of sad for it since the amalgamates are really tragic figures in that game. I'm looking forward to learning more about this pokemon when the games come out.

Alolan Raticate: I don't like it

Cutiefly evo: Knew this thing had potential when I saw it's first stage and so far it doesn't disappoint. I hope they don't show it's final evo.

Overall: Pretty solid batch of pokemon.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I think Jangmo-o is more likely to be /Steel rather the fighting.

Maybe, visually it supports that(and the bulletproof/soundproof abilities as well), but when I think of a pokemon constantly training and training and training (like its official description suggests) I think of a fighting type.

Plus it would support the pushing for new type combos that this gen seems to push for.

And the cutiefly evo looks...like nothing really has changed. (but def supports that it gets Quiver Dance)

PsychoIncarnate

(Long time lurker here)

Wasn't there some leak about a dog with an axe as its head? I remember thinking it sounds too weird (although it seems that this gen, there is no such thing as "too weird") to be a real leak. I can't find the leak anywhere though. Would be interesting as this is something you can't just guess, unlike A-rats.

Does a leak like this exist or have I gone psychic?

I vaguely remember this rumor but I can't seem to find it

I don't know if someone already mention this But I noticed some similarities between Type: Null and Arceus.

First: They are dogs... Haha
Second: If Type: Null can change its type like his name suggests.
Third: His necklace... Kinda looks like the Arceus thing on his body don't you think?

I really don't think Arceus is a dog. Other than being a quadruped it really doesn't resemble a dog in any way.
Those other points are pretty valid though.

Julia Artemis

Maybe, visually it supports that(and the bulletproof/soundproof abilities as well), but when I think of a pokemon constantly training and training and training (like its official description suggests) I think of a fighting type.

Plus it would support the pushing for new type combos that this gen seems to push for.

And the cutiefly evo looks...like nothing really has changed. (but def supports that it gets Quiver Dance)

It does look like it got bigger wings and and a scarf so that's something I guess. Honestly way more interested in Vikavolt in terms of bug pokemon.

Anthea

I like that cuteifly evolution keeps the round head and eyes. It looks like it gains a small body and scarf. So basically a bug line with human accessories.

Gizmoa

All synthetic pokemon get Normal typings. Look at Porygon and Castform. That's why they gave it Normal. Also it's name has to do with it being created just to kill legendaries. It's actually kind of sad. Like out of Evangelion or Saikano. :( Poor Null.

It also have some man in the iron mask (and similar folk tails) references since he becomes nameless while trapped in the mask.

Gen 2 introduced Kingdra

Another thing people are forgetting here is that a pseudo does not need to be a Dragon. Tyranitar is the second gen pseudo but is not a Dragon.
Also, I'm pretty sure that Metagross and Volcarona are the pseudo legends of their respective regions, not Salamence and Hydreigon. Both of them are the signature Pokemon of their region's champions, just like Dragonite and Garchomp (and even if Goodra wasn't Diantha's signature Pokemon it was on her team and the Pokemon that was her signature Pokemon was a Mega).

knightwolf09

Shot in the dark but do you think Type: Null will have another form when it uses a z-move? I mean z-moves are what happens when trainer AND pokemon unleash their full power, and right now Type: Null's power is restricted som if it wants to unleash said power, that head needs to come off.

SueChef

Old dog, new tricks!
Another thing people are forgetting here is that a pseudo does not need to be a Dragon. Tyranitar is the second gen pseudo but is not a Dragon.
Also, I'm pretty sure that Metagross and Volcarona are the pseudo legends of their respective regions, not Salamence and Hydreigon. Both of them are the signature Pokemon of their region's champions, just like Dragonite and Garchomp (and even if Goodra wasn't Diantha's signature Pokemon it was on her team and the Pokemon that was her signature Pokemon was a Mega).

I'm pretty sure the Pseudo thing is in relation to their Base Stat totals. Pseudo status is achieved by having a base of 600. Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence and Metagross, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Goodra respectively represent each generation in that way. Volcarona only has 550. So assuming we take Salamence and Metagross as joint Pseudo representatives of Hoenn, we have 5 Dragons, and 2 other.

Aetius

Let's see:

Jungmo-o: It's so cute! I may decide to keep one on my team, especially if it will become a badass Dragon/Fighting Pokèmon!
Type:Null: Looks epic honestly and I've got the feeling that it might be Marshadow, after fusing with the UB maybe....
Cutiefly's evo: I couldn't see it perfectly, but it looks like it is more humanoid in appearance compared to its pre-evo. I wonder if it will evolve again....

Overall, I'm satisfied by what we got today and there's still CoroCoro to look forward to! :D

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Type: Null's collar kind of looks like Arceus's ring.
This is very interesting, and I'm wondering if there is a link to the imprisonment magic that we saw in the Hoopa film. That was enabled by Arceus and involved the elements of Water, Fire, Ground combined. Which reminds me of the combination of features in the chimeric body of Type: Null.
I thought it was a typo, but Null's name really is "Type: Null"

Thats the one problem i have with Alola so far. The english pokemon names for some pokemon.

Type: Null, Jangmo-o, Togedemaru, Charjabug, and Tapu Koko. I'm also in between how i feel about Morelull's name.
Type: Null seems to be a temporary classification given to it by people. Perhaps those who created it.

Jangmo-o and Tapu Koko are Hawaiian-inspired. There are going to be plenty of those this gen, just like there were French names (Flabebe) in gen 6.

Togedemaru keeps its Japanese name, just like all the other Pika-clones.

Charjabug is from charger and bug, what's the problem with that?

Jangmoo is obviously the psuedo

You can't say "ohhh previous gens didn't reveal the psuedo so this gen won't"... Previous gens didn't reveal this much info and Pokemon, previous gens didn't have alola forms, so do not apply that silly rule.

It is a small dragon = stage 1 , with plenty space for evolution of its features (tail legs scales etc etc) it even has a massive psuedo esque feature on its head that I can see will be added upon. Gible had the huge shark fin, haxorus evo 1 had the blade like scales, goomy had the antenna, etc etc.

The heart scale gives me a funny hint that it will be part fairy
Axew isn't a pseudo-legend, and Jangmo-o might be exactly the same deal.

The big scale is interesting. It reminds me of dinosaur crests, like cryolophosaurus, but quadrupedal. As someone mentioned earlier, it has ankylosaur-esque vibes. I'm excited to see what it evolves into.

Status
Not open for further replies.