• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
For those of you who have no idea what a Pseudo Legend is:

Three stage Pokemon line and the final evo ends with an even 600 BST. The pseudos in each gen are:

1: Dragonite
2: Tyranitar
3: Salamence + Metagross
4: Garchomp
5: Hydreigon
6: Goodra

So no, contrary to popular belief, Volcarona and Haxorus are not Pseudos. Also, just because something is Dragon typed doesn't mean it will be the Pseudo. We've gone over this every time a Dragon type is revealed this gen. I guarantee you the next Dragon type revealed(If we get another) we'll have the same thing repeated where everyone 'Thinks it'll be the Pseudo'.

It's also worth noting that Pseudos have never been shown off prior to release in previous gens.

Daisukereds

Sandygast learns Mega Drain according to the Japanese Trailer (in case no one pointed it out).

Also, "Type:Null" has the exact same name in Japanese.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
yep I'm so using it! combined with Water Compaction that makes it so deadly

That is if it has good enough Special Attack. If not, then it's wasted potential IMO. Especially considering it'll likely learn Giga Drain somehow as well. But seriously. Ghost/Ground type with Shadow Ball/Earth Power/Giga Drain/(Filler Move)?

I think it may actually be pretty good in competitive if it has some good stats, specifically in defenses and Sp. Attack.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Sandygast learns Mega Drain according to the Japanese Trailer (in case no one pointed it out).

It has been pointed out, but It's still a fascinating addition to its movepool.

So, I've been thinking about what Pokemon might have been used to construct Type: Null, and while it might be a stretch, I think there might be a smidge of Zygarde in there. It would explain its black, canid body, diamond patterning on its hind legs, and the green diamonds on its inhibiter helmet. That said, it isn't quite as lean as Zygarde 10%, and Z-10 doesn't have andy diamonds on its hind legs, so I could be grasping at straws.

BlitzGirl41

That is if it has good enough Special Attack. If not, then it's wasted potential IMO. Especially considering it'll likely learn Giga Drain somehow as well. But seriously. Ghost/Ground type with Shadow Ball/Earth Power/Giga Drain/(Filler Move)?

I think it may actually be pretty good in competitive if it has some good stats, specifically in defenses and Sp. Attack.

Although one could use a Grass type move on it. Imagine sending Rowlett against it, the Giga Drain wouldn't do much at all and all Ground moves would have no effect.

Creyk

Also, "Type:Null" has the exact same name in Japanese.

Others said it is Giga drain? Are you sure it is actually mega drain?
Also why, that's cheating. It shouldn't know that!

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

Meh, gotta have something in order to deal with the water types. "Take the hit, get the defence boost, heal a sum of the damage" is what I feel they were going for.

Grass types however...

Aways sneaking here but this discussion made me feel the urge to add something. Type: Null spanish translate to "Code : Zero" (by this topic, its italian name is type : zero). So... it seems "type" is related to "specimen" not the type chart.

Also, how all this will wrap up with the box legendary? One could point out that both of then resist normal (just like both of our previous legends resisted one of zygards type)...

Btw, Type: Null fin reminds me of samurott (and someone was busy slicing up pokemons)

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
If it's Giga Drain then that's not really surprising because lots of Ghost-types learn Giga Drain, because a lot of them focus on draining life force from people/Pokemon. Gengar, Shedinja, Jellicent, and (less big a deal because they're Grass-type) Gourgeist and Trevenant. It's only really a big deal here because it's a good weakness counter for it. (Also, even if it is Mega Drain, the only ghosts at the time could all learn Mega Drain when that was a TM too).

Aways sneaking here but this discussion made me feel the urge to add something. Type: Null spanish translate to "Code : Zero" (by this topic, its italian name is type : zero). So... it seems "type" is related to "specimen" not the type chart.

Also, how all this will wrap up with the box legendary? One could point out that both of then resist normal (just like both of our previous legends resisted one of zygards type)...

Btw, Type: Null fin reminds me of samurott (and someone was busy slicing up pokemons)

Well, Lunala is immune and Solgaleo resists it, so that's not really balanced. XY was different because they both had immunities to one of Zygarde's types. I think Type: Null is more likely to have a relationship with the Ultra Beasts than the box legends. Especially considering they were announced together.

Last edited:
Of course it could be the case. Its quite a stretch, but one could say the homunculus theme fits for this gen alchemy theme, and so Type:Null was a attempt to create an artificial arceus (what would wrap quite well with a gen 4 remake). But since Gladios use one against you, one may think its some kinda of delta episode event...

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
I'm slightly ashamed that it took me so long to notice this, but would it be safe to say that Jangmo-o could be Pokemon's interpretation of "Susano-o"? Similar names, both considered to be proud warriors and all.

Daisukereds

I'm slightly ashamed that it took me so long to notice this, but would it be safe to say that Jangmo-o could be Pokemon's interpretation of "Susano-o"? Similar names, both considered to be proud warriors and all.

Mmm.. If that was the case, the name itself would be a reference in Japanese, yet it is called "ジャラコ" or Jarako. For reference ドラゴン = doragon, or Dragon type, in case someone wanted to go there.
It is called the Scale (うろこ = uroko) Pokémon.

Last edited:

The name have similarities. I can see it becoming dragon/electric if so (or dragon/fight, as most of people, includig me believe), but the japanese name seens to translate to dragon child (acording to bulbapedia). So... maybe its just Drampa pre-evo

Edit: the only common caracteristic i can see is a white plumage on Jangmo-o neck/chest so... who knows?

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
I don't know who that is, but Jangmo-o name is almost certainly from the Hawaiian word for lizard - mo'o. I'm wondering if the first part comes from Jango, which is a name used for warriors in lots of different fictional universes.

The name have similarities. I can see it becoming dragon/electric if so (or dragon/fight, as most of people, includig me believe), but the japanese name seens to translate to dragon child (acording to bulbapedia). So... maybe its just Drampa pre-evo

Edit: the only common caracteristic i can see is a white plumage on Jangmo-o neck/chest so... who knows?
I really hope it isn't Drampa's prevo. It has the capacity to become way cooler than Drampa. Also, it doesn't seem to make any sense unless there's a really crazy middles stage, and they would most likely have said so anyway.

Last edited:

Galvantula1992

I'm so impressed with Cutiefly's evo! Does anyone think it will evolve again? There's one thing I'm confused about; is that brown thing sticking out of it beneath it's eyes its nose or part of its scarf?

Also, I've just noticed, we have 42 Pokemon revealed, that's the EXACT same amount of pre-released Pokemon as there were last gen. I know that this gen there'll likely be more Pokemon than last gen but still...

I really hope it isn't Drampa's prevo. It has the capacity to become way cooler than Drampa. Also, it doesn't seem to make any sense unless there's a really crazy middles stage, and they would most likely have said so anyway.

I dont believe it will evolve in Drampa ( different abilities and species). Only the names got something going on for it (bebe in french, the dragon child in japan)

And on another topic, cutiflie evo is going to get unwanted atention from the internet...

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I dont believe it will evolve in Drampa ( different abilities and species). Only the names got something going on for it (bebe in french, the dragon child in japan)

And on another topic, cutiflie evo is going to get unwanted atention from the internet...

It's not Drampa's pre-evo. It would've been specifically stated so in the video like Stufful and Mudbray were for Bewear and Mudsdale.

Status
Not open for further replies.