• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphalesion

So basically three new pokemon.

1) I hope people will understand when I say Type:Null looks delightfully distrubing. The thing looks like something out of a Hieronymus Bosch painting ^-^ Mangled mutated friend-horse! Happy scrap metal chimera friend :D

2) Jangmo-o (man that name doesn't roll off the tongue): it's a small generic dragon. Not a fan of those. Maybe I'm too hung up on my carbuncle idea, but the large scale on its forhead reminds me of the legend (in some variation the carbuncle had a mirror on its forehead)

3)Cutiflies evolution...we don't have a good look of it, but it looks like this could finally be our first true "winged humanoid" fairy ^-^ I love it.

Ohitsdylan

So basically three new pokemon.

1) I hope people will understand when I say Type:Null looks delightfully distrubing. The thing looks like something out of a Hieronymus Bosch painting ^-^ Mangled mutated friend-horse! Happy scrap metal chimera friend :D

2) Jangmo-o (man that name doesn't roll off the tongue): it's a small generic dragon. Not a fan of those. Maybe I'm too hung up on my carbuncle idea, but the large scale on its forhead reminds me of the legend (in some variation the carbuncle had a mirror on its forehead)

3)Cutiflies evolution...we don't have a good look of it, but it looks like this could finally be our first true "winged humanoid" fairy ^-^ I love it.

Null does look pretty badass. His name leads me to believe he might have some kind of form changing trait like arceus. or maybe there are other Type:'s

Perhap's he's 1/3 of this gen's legendary trio.

EDIT: Scratch that I now think this guy might be more parallel to Genesect.

Last edited:

Zephraxe

Null does look pretty badass. His name leads me to believe he might have some kind of form changing trait like arceus. or maybe there are other Type:'s

Type: Null really confused me at first and I wasn't sure what to think of it. But with 7th gen's lore being seemingly about alchemy, he would make sense as a Pokémon. If I'm not mistaken, it's said that one could combine multiple creatures to artificially make a new one with alchemy, namely Chimaeras. That could just be from Fullmetal Alchemist, though. xD They do clearly state in the description that Type: Null is a synthesized Pokémon, so it is definitely not natural.

Sabre_King

I thought I would pitch in my thoughts on today's reveal:
Null: At first the name through me off, but it definitely is in interesting design in my opinion. I think it looks awesome, and the back story behind it is very interesting. I am wondering which pokemon it was synthesized from because most of it looks like nothing from a pokemon already seen before. I hope the game provides more of a backstory behind it.
Jangmo-o: I feel as though this may be the first form of the pseudo line and its just speculation, but I love the design. Based on the description I can see it going either dragon/steel similar to other posts I have read, but also I may see it turn into a dragon/fighting type knowing its description talks about it being a warrior.
UB-01: I hope for now the name is just a code word with a different name possibly in the game. Ultra beasts sound like an interesting concept and I like the design of the first one. I see maybe only 4 ultra beasts being present one for each island in the game.

Orphalesion

Type: Null really confused me at first and I wasn't sure what to think of it. But with 7th gen's lore being seemingly about alchemy, he would make sense as a Pokémon. If I'm not mistaken, it's said that one could combine multiple creatures to artificially make a new one with alchemy, namely Chimaeras. That could just be from Fullmetal Alchemist, though. xD They do clearly state in the description that Type: Null is a synthesized Pokémon, so it is definitely not natural.

Well Alchemy is pretty much about the combination of different substances and long before Fullmetal Alchemist or Anime even existed real world alchemists described those rather mundane chemical processes in complicated metaphors involving multiple beings being combined into one.
Usually this was a male principle (like the sun, or gold) being combined witha female principle (silver, the moon) but I have one example in my library that explains the cleansing of metals with aqua vitae (I think) as a son murdering his father, being trapped in the coffin with him and then they fuse into a new guy.
Alchemy is weird.

Ohitsdylan

I agree. It's scaliness seems to lead in that direction

Just noticed this but I'm sure someones pointed it out already. Here's an excerpt from its dex entry

"Because Jangmo-o uses the scales on its head for both offense and defense, it never turns its back to its enemies."

I think the "O" at the end of it's name indicates that it's a pokemon that changes form. After reading the dex entry I'm convinced that the "o" stands for offence and it's other form is "Jangmo-d" it's defence form.

But hey, that's just a theory. A GAME theory.

Orphalesion

I was thinking Dragon/Fighting for Jangmo-o, but Dragon/Steel works too.

Well Dragon/Fighting would be a completely new type combination and make sense with the little club and all...the yellow scale could also evolve into something like a samurai helmet...maybe?

Dragon/Steel is only used by Dialga IIRC, so it's almost a new type combination and would make sense with the scales....

It really could go either direction...

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Unfortunately I do feel that to avoid any too-graphic content/ideas we won't ever see what Type: Null was created from.. but who knows :D

Dragon Pulse

Just noticed this but I'm sure someones pointed it out already. Here's an excerpt from its dex entry

"Because Jangmo-o uses the scales on its head for both offense and defense, it never turns its back to its enemies."

I think the "O" at the end of it's name indicates that it's a pokemon that changes form. After reading the dex entry I'm convinced that the "o" stands for offence and it's other form is "Jangmo-d" it's defence form.

But hey, that's just a theory. A GAME theory.

Jangmo-o derives from "mo'o", Hawaiian for lizard/dragon.

roserade the warrior

I love this new batch, but I really dislike Type: Null's name... It is very creative, but at the same time confusing, at first I thought it was a new type and was surprised they decided to re-add the "unknown" type with another name, then I see his real type and Ta-da I got more and more confused until I fell on the truth.
For the ultra beasts... that thing is so weird, but the weirdest part is how they say ultra "beast" and not "pokemon". Maybe they are lowering the name-everything-pokemon hype, either that, or ultra beast are uncatchable. In any of those cases, I hope that thing has an actual name and UB-01 is just its discovery code.
Overall, I liked everything except the names xD.

Julia Artemis

So I was thinking about possible names for the Cutiefly evo, best one I can come up with is Adorabee. What do you think potential names could be?

lycanadam

Trainer
redssfCU.jpg
anyone want to tell me what this little pink pokemon is? It looks and acts like a cutiefly but again its pink. Any theories or does someone know what it is?
japanese trailer - 0:55

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
View attachment 16006
anyone want to tell me what this little pink pokemon is? It looks and acts like a cutiefly but again its pink. Any theories or does someone know what it is?

Looks kind of like a Skitty from afar.

DSDark

Breeder
View attachment 16006

you know what that does look like a pokemon we haven't seen before. Although it could be Villion

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
UGH so much stuff to take in!

Type: Null admittedly is a weird name, but it looks cool.
Dragon 'Mon seems like pseudo legend, but probably isn't one.
Cutiefly evo will hopefully be fully revealed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.