• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

I feel like Null is, design wise not lore wise, less specifically made out of parts of pokemon and more just generically similar to several pokemon.

sheld999

Type null looks awesome

Raticate form is cool ( no this is my food )

cuteifly evolution looks like its wearing a scarf

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I feel like Null is, design wise not lore wise, less specifically made out of parts of pokemon and more just generically similar to several pokemon.

Yeah, that's where my Starter/Rockruff construction idea came from. It was an attempt to synthesize the qualities of all 4 of their final Evos (which would all explain the rocky protrusion). But again, I think those Pokemon being the attempted targets of the synthesized DNA may be a stretch.

Type null looks awesome

Raticate form is cool ( no this is my food )

cuteifly evolution looks like its wearing a scarf

A scarf, sure, but it also resembles the furry "mane" many species of moth have, lending credence to the "Cutiefly will evolve into a hummingbird moth" theory. Also, seeing it makes me think there will be one last stage, since it seems rather middle Evo-ish to me.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Type Null is like the Frankenstein of Pokemon. Also, Ultra Beasts? Are...we actually getting it? Something that's neither human nor Pokemon? I don't think we've ever faced such an entity in the main games, outside of the Pokestar Studio. Maybe it's from a reality where life other than Pokemon came to be...

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
What's the name for Cutiefly's Evo?

We don't know. It appeared for a second during one of the trailers, but it hasn't been officially revealed yet.

Here's a pic, if you want to check it out: http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/sites/...6/pokemon-sun-and-moon-cutiefly-evolution.jpg

Type Null is like the Frankenstein of Pokemon. Also, Ultra Beasts? Are...we actually getting it? Something that's neither human nor Pokemon? I don't think we've ever faced such an entity in the main games, outside of the Pokestar Studio. Maybe it's from a reality where life other than Pokemon came to be...

It's a definite possibility. We know that the Pokemon universe(s) subscribe to the Many-Worlds Interpretation, so there have to be some parallel realities in which Pokemon don't exist.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So, since Type:Null is "constructed" and its power is supposed to be comparable to mythological Pokemon, I'm guessing it's a one-of-a-kind Pokemon (thus unbreedable).
I'm guessing Gladion gives it to us later in the game if that's the case.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
So, anyone got any ideas about what Mons Type: Null might be made of? The obvious options for the tail are Samurott and Gyarados (the former fits better size wise), but the other parts seem to be a bit of a toss-up. However, I have a couple theories.

Now, while it might be a stretch, I think there might be a smidge of Zygarde in there. It would explain its black, canid body, diamond patterning on its hind legs (albeit in purple in stead of green), and the green diamond shapes on its inhibiter helmet. That said, it isn't quite as lean as Zygarde 10%, and Z-10 doesn't have any diamonds on its hind legs, so I could be grasping at straws.

I also had the idea of "maybe it's the combination of the Starter Evos and Rockruff's Evo, and that's the secret they share" (Poppliovely's tail, Rockruff2's body, Rowlet Hood's feet as its forelegs, and Liften's head hidden under its helmet, all looking slightly different due to modification and/or decay), but that's probably an even thinner theory than the Zygarde thing.

I agree with you on the tail, body and hind legs but the forelegs to me seems to look insect in appearance but like I said that's just me.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
So, since Type:Null is "constructed" and its power is supposed to be comparable to mythological Pokemon, I'm guessing it's a one-of-a-kind Pokemon (thus unbreedable).
I'm guessing Gladion gives it to us later in the game if that's the case.

Yeah, that's probably the case, which is only disappointing in as far as we won't get to decide what type of Ball it will be in. That said, given everything we've seen, it might actually be in something other than a standard Poke Ball.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Type: Null seems to practically be a legendary pokemon, at least without the helmet.

There appears to only be one, it rivals the power of pokemon heard in myth and it's genderless. Plus it seems pretty significant story-wise.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Don't know if it has already been said but this theory comes from Lockstin/Gnoggin.
Type: Null is a combination of Popplio, Litten, Rowlett and Rockruff, or at least their evolution lines. Since they said that the starters will have an important role in the story and Rockruff shares the same secret as the starters.
This brings something about the Alchemy theme for SuMo. Type Null is the Philosofer's stone, and it is created by Salt, Sulfer, Mercury and Lead. And since the 3 starters and Rockruff seem to be bases around those elements, they are used to create Type: Null.
And about Type: Null itself, he is created to rival the Pokémon in Mythology. And not just Solgaleo and Lunaala but Arceus himself. Because the Philosofer's stone was man's way to create the power of god. So Type: Null is a failed creation of an atempt to ceate Arceus.

sheld999

We don't know. It appeared for a second during one of the trailers, but it hasn't been officially revealed yet.

Here's a pic, if you want to check it out: http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/sites/...6/pokemon-sun-and-moon-cutiefly-evolution.jpg

It's a definite possibility. We know that the Pokemon universe(s) subscribe to the Many-Worlds Interpretation, so there have to be some parallel realities in which Pokemon don't exist.

im guessing it prrob can evolved one more time

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Don't know if it has already been said but this theory comes from Lockstin/Gnoggin.
Type: Null is a combination of Popplio, Litten, Rowlett and Rockruff, or at least their evolution lines. Since they said that the starters will have an important role in the story and Rockruff shares the same secret as the starters.
This brings something about the Alchemy theme for SuMo. Type Null is the Philosofer's stone, and it is created by Salt, Sulfer, Mercury and Lead. And since the 3 starters and Rockruff seem to be bases around those elements, they are used to create Type: Null.
And about Type: Null itself, he is created to rival the Pokémon in Mythology. And not just Solgaleo and Lunaala but Arceus himself. Because the Philosofer's stone was man's way to create the power of god. So Type: Null is a failed creation of an atempt to ceate Arceus.

I actually suggested a Rowlet Hood/Liften/Poppliovely/Rockruff2 amalgam already (I didn't realize there were videos on it, it just was a possibility that came to mind), and you can see that if you look higher up on this page.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
I actually suggested a Rowlet Hood/Liften/Poppliovely/Rockruff2 amalgam already (I didn't realize there were videos on it, it just was a possibility that came to mind), and you can see that if you look higher up on this page.
Yeah, I read it after I've posted and you're not the only one it seems. In the starter speculation thread it was said too that Type:Null could be a merging of those 4.
The only new thing from Lockstin is that Type: Null is a failed creation of Arceus (because of the Alchemy theory, Azoth and the Pholosofer's stone)

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
It's an interesting theory, and I really do want them to finally resolve all these alchemy hints. I can see the starters being the three primes - the things that all matter is supposedly composed of - ie Sulfur/Soul for Litten (makes sense because of sulfur's association to fire), Mercury/Spirit for Rowlet (the Roman equivalent of Hermes - the swift messenger with the winged shoes and hat), and Salt/Body for Popplio (sealions being a saltwater animal). Then I suppose Rockruff makes sense for lead as the cheap earthy material that they wished to convert with the philosopher's stone. So perhaps a poor Rockruff was used as a base and converted into Type: Null by genetic/alchemical experiments with Rolwet, Popplio and Litten. Although, perhaps this is not the secret that they share, but more that they assumed those four would be easiest to combine because they already shared a secret. Maybe a connection to Z-crystals (which already sound pretty alchemical with how they are created), or a shared evolution method.

I'm not sure I agree with the last part though. There does seem to be a connection to Arceus, with those spokes on its helmet, but that symbol seems to be connected to the Pokemon world's alchemy already, as shown in the Hoopa movie where Arceus' magic, combined with Ground, Fire and Water created the Prison Bottle. So they may have invoked his power, but not as a direct challenge. I think, with his crest and ownership by Team Skull, he may have been made as the ultimate challenge to the Tapu Pokemon, so that Guzma can finally have his revenge by defeating all of the Island Guardians.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
It's an interesting theory, and I really do want them to finally resolve all these alchemy hints. I can see the starters being the three primes - the things that all matter is supposedly composed of - ie Sulfur/Soul for Litten (makes sense because of sulfur's association to fire), Mercury/Spirit for Rowlet (the Roman equivalent of Hermes - the swift messenger with the winged shoes and hat), and Salt/Body for Popplio (sealions being a saltwater animal). Then I suppose Rockruff makes sense for lead as the cheap earthy material that they wished to convert with the philosopher's stone. So perhaps a poor Rockruff was used as a base and converted into Type: Null by genetic/alchemical experiments with Rolwet, Popplio and Litten. Although, perhaps this is not the secret that they share, but more that they assumed those four would be easiest to combine because they already shared a secret. Maybe a connection to Z-crystals (which already sound pretty alchemical with how they are created), or a shared evolution method.

I'm not sure I agree with the last part though. There does seem to be a connection to Arceus, with those spokes on its helmet, but that symbol seems to be connected to the Pokemon world's alchemy already, as shown in the Hoopa movie where Arceus' magic, combined with Ground, Fire and Water created the Prison Bottle. So they may have invoked his power, but not as a direct challenge. I think, with his crest and ownership by Team Skull, he may have been made as the ultimate challenge to the Tapu Pokemon, so that Guzma can finally have his revenge by defeating all of the Island Guardians.

I'm really hoping it comes full circle with the Alchemy hints too.
And I like the theory of the Starter/Rockruff amalgams for "Nulls" design too. The spokes around it's necklace are reminiscent of arceus too. What also is interesting is the apparent axe that sits atop it's head. Possibly symbolic of Hephaestus's Labrys or another axe of mythology? Which could better link it to it's purpose concerning "rivalling those spoken of in Mythology"

Class Zero

We have arrived.
The only thing about the Starters and Rockruff making Type: Null... which part of him comes from Rowlet's line? :D

I mean, it's all very reliant on that "Starters have night/day forms/evolutions" theory/leak...

And it's a cool theory but I don't consider myself a believer just yet I don't think.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
The only thing about the Starters and Rockruff making Type: Null... which part of him comes from Rowlet's line? :D

I mean, it's all very reliant on that "Starters have night/day forms/evolutions" theory/leak...

And it's a cool theory but I don't consider myself a believer just yet I don't think.
I was thinking the front talons. But it doesn't necessarily have to be the Pokemon themselves, but their types. Or it is the Pokemon themselves and the experimentation changed them. Mew looks very different to Mewtwo after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.