• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I know we're not supposed to chime in with off-topic comments and snippets but...

- FATICATE -

That is all.

All hail our new Faticate overlords.

Thepowaofhax

All hail our new Faticate overlords.
I, for one, do not welcome their presence. I will make sure each and every single one of these vermin will be properly exterminated. They are nothing but a nuisance and cause pestilence; as spreaders of the plague, it is our sworn duty to make sure not another one crawls are metropolitan cities again.

(But Pokemon is never realistic with that kinda stuff.)

Anyways, on the new Cutiefly evolution, do you think its possible for it to get a third evolution, and if so, what are some plausible base stats for it.

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth
I actually like Faticate......

roserade the warrior

You guys are probably right about it being a Steelix. When I first tried to place it in my head, I was only thinking about Water-type Pokemon. It is a bit odd that a Steelix-themed boat would be in the water alongside Water-type Pokemon boats.

Water Alolan steelix confirmed!

Being serious, I like that not all boats are based on water mons.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Water Alolan steelix confirmed!

Being serious, I like that not all boats are based on water mons.

True (it's odd to choose it as a design for a boat/sub, but that is so clearly a Steelix), and while the coloration and body shape don't support it, I'm sure people will take this as evidence of Alolan Steelix, because people love to jump at every little detail as though it has the grandest of importance sometimes :p

RedJirachi

Veteran member
We don't know. It appeared for a second during one of the trailers, but it hasn't been officially revealed yet.

Here's a pic, if you want to check it out: http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/sites/...6/pokemon-sun-and-moon-cutiefly-evolution.jpg

It's a definite possibility. We know that the Pokemon universe(s) subscribe to the Many-Worlds Interpretation, so there have to be some parallel realities in which Pokemon don't exist.

Alternatively, it's from the same universe. But it's an alien on a planet where Pokemon never came into being

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Do we know what Jangmo-o is based on? I am hoping it turns into a Sauropod....like tropius with a longer neck.
As others have said, it definitely has a vibe of ankylosaur about it. The crest reminds me strongly of cryolophosaurus, but the fact he is quadrupedal (at least at this stage) confuses that possible inspiration.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I feel like a griffon may also be a possibility for it. Its mouth seem beak-like and the scales along its side look they could also be feathers with only the head heart scale being an actual scale. Though i have to say, an Ankylosaurus inspired pokemon is pretty cool, too.

I also though that it looked like a griffon a lot. Kinda like how Bagon grows wings, perhaps Jangmo-o will grow them out of those scales. The little tufts where its ears would be just don't look "dinosaurian" to me and the snout looks kinda beak'ish like you said.

Also, for if anybody was still wondering the "Jang" is probably just a corruption of the word "young", with the "a" being flat, as in Magikarp and the "J" being pronounced as how an "Y" would be pronounced in English, which is common in many germanic languages, such as Dutch, German, and the Scandinavian countries. For instance, if I'd pronounce "Jang" in Dutch, any English speaking people present would think I'm saying "young". And it isn't as if Pokémon is new to corruptions of normal words, Yungoos, being one, and ThroH being another example.

The Japanese, French, Chinese (both), Korean and German (sort of) all reference it being a kid or baby dragon, which is another hint towards why I think that the name "Jangmo-o" just basically means "young dragon", like pretty much its name in all other languages means, except those that call it the Heartscalebaby (Chinese), or babyscale (French)... Sure, there's the onomatopoetic word Jarajara for Jangling, but when all names in all other languages references it being a kid/baby, aka young.. than that means there's a lot going for this theory as well.

Pretty sure it's just a stylized Carvanha.

I was getting a as of yet "unpainted" Basculin-vibe from it.. The jaw definitely matches up quite nicely.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I was getting a as of yet "unpainted" Basculin-vibe from it.. The jaw definitely matches up quite nicely.

The black around the eyes makes me think it's Carvanha, maybe Steeix.

But it could be a sneak peek at a new fusion. ;P

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
I also though that it looked like a griffon a lot. Kinda like how Bagon grows wings, perhaps Jangmo-o will grow them out of those scales. The little tufts where its ears would be just don't look "dinosaurian" to me and the snout looks kinda beak'ish like you said.

Also, for if anybody was still wondering the "Jang" is probably just a corruption of the word "young", with the "a" being flat, as in Magikarp and the "J" being pronounced as how an "Y" would be pronounced in English, which is common in many germanic languages, such as Dutch, German, and the Scandinavian countries. For instance, if I'd pronounce "Jang" in Dutch, any English speaking people present would think I'm saying "young". And it isn't as if Pokémon is new to corruptions of normal words, Yungoos, being one, and ThroH being another example.

The Japanese, French, Chinese (both), Korean and German (sort of) all reference it being a kid or baby dragon, which is another hint towards why I think that the name "Jangmo-o" just basically means "young dragon", like pretty much its name in all other languages means, except those that call it the Heartscalebaby (Chinese), or babyscale (French)... Sure, there's the onomatopoetic word Jarajara for Jangling, but when all names in all other languages references it being a kid/baby, aka young.. than that means there's a lot going for this theory as well.
You may well be right about the Jang part, but as mo'o means lizard in Hawaiian, I highly doubt he will be a griffin. I am pretty certain he takes multiple dinosaur design inspirations and is going to stay in the reptilian vein. Having a beak supports this, if anything, as most dinosaurs had beaks (at least half, as almost all ornithiscians did). Ankylosaurs certainly did, and this is what he seems closest to.

Last edited:

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Do you guys think that we'll get new fossil Pokémon in Sun and Moon or would that be a tradition to be skipped as well?

I do hope we'll get another pair of fossils again. It's likely that, if we get new fossils, they will be reveiled in either this month's CoroCoro or the new reveil trailer next week.

I'm basing this on the fact that the Kalos fossils were also reveiled around this time in 2013.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Do you guys think that we'll get new fossil Pokémon in Sun and Moon or would that be a tradition to be skipped as well?

I do hope we'll get another pair of fossils again. It's likely that, if we get new fossils, they will be reveiled in either this month's CoroCoro or the new reveil trailer next week.

I'm basing this on the fact that the Kalos fossils were also reveiled around this time in 2013.

Yes, they were, but that was the one and only time we saw Fossil Pokemon during pre-release. I think we will get Fossils, just not yet (they might save them until the game actually drops).

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I've not gone back to what's been said since the reveal but I have a feeling Jangmo-o will be out Psuedo with a possible Dragon/Fairy typing at its final evolution? That or Dragon/Steel. It's certainly one of my favourite Pokémon revealed this generation!

Type: Null too. Can't wait to see what comes of it!

Also, aren't we getting Rockruff's evolution in the upcoming CoroCoro?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I've not gone back to what's been said since the reveal but I have a feeling Jangmo-o will be out Psuedo with a possible Dragon/Fairy typing at its final evolution? That or Dragon/Steel. It's certainly one of my favourite Pokémon revealed this generation!

Type: Null too. Can't wait to see what comes of it!

Also, aren't we getting Rockruff's evolution in the upcoming CoroCoro?

Yeah, we're supposed to get "the secret of Rockruff's Evolution". It should leak soon, most likely by the end of the weekend. I can't wait to see what we get!

Status
Not open for further replies.