• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Yeah I love that Pic! Also a Ghost dog sounds sooo cool! Sorry Mimikyu and Pallosand, if this is true I'm so using Rickruff as my Ghost pokemon!

Too bad that that might lead to it being bipedal, resulting in people losing their minds...again. :p

But I like the idea of a huge, sharp-clawed Rock/Ghost tiki werewolf. Hopefully we'll know soon when CoroCoro leaks :)

Too bad that that might lead to it being bipedal, resulting in people losing their minds...again. :p

But I like the idea of a huge, sharp-clawed Rock/Ghost tiki werewolf. Hopefully we'll know soon when CoroCoro leaks :)

That idea sounds awesome, I'd be keen for that!

Julia Artemis

As long as it doesn't look like Zoroark I'll be okay with it. Saw this bipedal fake Rockruff fan art and if it looked something like this I'd be okay with it. http://img13.deviantart.net/2c31/i/2016/195/3/f/rockruff_s_evolution_bouldhowl_by_emdy93-da9y0f3.jpg

esquilo09

I would totally have Rockruff in my team specially if its evolved form is a werewolf-like Pokémon.

Question: Are werewolves popular monsters?

Julia Artemis

I would totally have Rockruff in my team specially if its evolved form is a werewolf-like Pokémon.

Yep. It's an insanely popular folklore story in almost every culture though they slightly differ, but essentially are pretty similar.

dp045

It is assumed that in a few hours should have information leaks Coro Coro, right?

Robotnikthedrap

A thought has been stewing about inside within the confines of my cranium for about a fortnight, now; at the moment, it's only a innocent, incomplete observation, mixed with a bit of imaginative speculation. In no way is it designed to be a serious prediction, but I thought I would share it for antiquitie's sake: It's far too early to say now, and as of late no one has been capable of accurately predicting Game Freak's design direction for the most part. However, if I were forced at the threat of grievous harm to make a gut decision in regards to the possibility of mega evolving Pokemon recieving an alolan form, or creatures in possession of the newly revealed form divergencies eventually mega evolving, I'd say it's not likely to happen. That would mean no Alolan Charizard, Lucario, Salamence, and so on.

The alolan forms are a rather new concept, and regardless of the magnitude of it's impact in Sun and Moon, there is little doubt that future installments shall likely harbor similar, region specific alterations to older pokemon. So, it's rather difficult at this point to envision precisely in regards to this issue, as the Pokémon Company could, any day now, reveal an Alolan Charizard, or a mega evolution of Exeggutor (as unlikely as they sound at this point). Still, I can't shake the feeling that it is quite possible for each and every Pokémon currently participating in either category to stay exclusive to one or the other. There is currently nothing concrete to suggest this; only the mildly important, and possibly coincidental, observation of noting that no mega evolving Pokemon has received an Alolan form as of yet.

The main reason behind this sudden conjecture of mine, is simply imagining the theoretical awkwardness of the same Pokémon possessing both attributes, while avoiding the realm of confusion for the game's participants. I've asked before, on these very forums, just how an older pokemon, say a cubone, will react when transferred to Sun and Moon. In the trailer, it demonstrated that these Alolan Forms are achieved through evolution; hence, when it evolves, which Marowak shall it become? Many have suggested that a natively captured cubone will turn Alolan, while an imported Cubone shall evolve normally. This would be achieved, theoretically, through some sort of code separating the two variations.

Moving right along then, let's say they give Marowak a mega evolution in a future title. The regular Marowak, that is; it turns Ground/???. The alolan Marowak, logically, should be unable to mega evolve in such a manner, seeing as how it is not only ghost and fire, but thematically different as well. So, now you've got two sets of cubones, and while one evolves into a ground type who mega evolves, the other, caught only in Alola (yet identical in every other way), evolves into a ghost/fire type, and cannot mega evolve. Would it then require it's own mega evolution? Well, that would depend on exactly how much these processes are to make logical sense in junction with one another. Similarly, let's say Blastoise receives an Alolan form; perhaps it becomes fire, grass, or what have you. Would it still logically be able to mega evolve into a massive water turtle with a hydro cannon on it's back?

So, I suppose I chalk all of this speculation up to logic and implementation, which I at least believe that Game Freak attempts to monitor for world atmosphere and quality control. Maybe having the two separate coded Cubone's wouldn't be that big of a deal; once we leave Alola, I suppose we'd be back to catching the regular cubone, and it'd be ripe for Mega Evolution. Still, worrying about keeping them separate and identified, for trading (especially among younger players) would still be a concern no matter the situation.

I bring this up centrally because many are discussing whether or not the Gen 1 starters, the gen 2 starters, or most commonly the gen 4 starters, could receive an Alolan form change. Well, for one, it appears as though it's possible that the only generation to possibly receive them is the 1st. Like my earlier "mega evolvers have not received any Alolan forms" statement, this too could be mere coincidence. Still, with what I have laid out as conjecturally permissible, it's a decent possibility of Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur (as well as all of the other, many mega evolvers) being left out in the regional form alterations. Also, because of the seemingly obvious design choice of eventually mega evolving all starter pokemon, including those from Johto and Sinnoh, I suspect that they, too, will not receive regional variations.

Still, this is all convenient speculation based on what we know now, and what has erected itself through chaotic theory. It's far too early to adopt this sort of mindset now, and there's certainly no need to worry one way or the other. None the less, I believe that there is certainly some scruptious food for thought in what I have pseudo-obnoxiously posted here, wall upon wall, before your precious vision receptacles. :)

Edit, Duke of Eddington: Oh, dear; perhaps, may I additionally observe, that I have grievously posted this tripe in the wrong forum category! Gadzooks!!!

Last edited:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Game2016

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !

I thought it's common sense that they're one of the most well-known and popular monsters?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I thought it's common sense that they're one of the most well-known and popular monsters?
Maybe in certain places, but I doubt they're super well-known everywhere around the world.

Sabre_King

Anyone else wondering which pokemon were used to enhance Null? Just looking at the various features of this pokemon, I don't believe any of its features have been taken from previously known pokemon. Makes me wonder if Null is based on pokemon we have not seen yet in the Alola region. Either way I like the chimera scheme for this pokemon, I wonder which mythological pokemon Null is suppose to be able to counter.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Anyone else wondering which pokemon were used to enhance Null? Just looking at the various features of this pokemon, I don't believe any of its features have been taken from previously known pokemon. Makes me wonder if Null is based on pokemon we have not seen yet in the Alola region. Either way I like the chimera scheme for this pokemon, I wonder which mythological pokemon Null is suppose to be able to counter.

I don't think we'll ever know. The features seem a trifle generic to make up their own Pokemon alone, of course I could be wrong.

Sabre_King

I don't think we'll ever know. The features seem a trifle generic to make up their own Pokemon alone, of course I could be wrong.

Hopefully they give some sort of backstory in the game for Null, I mean Null feels like a pokemon that definitely needs a backstory. I also wonder how Gladion managed to get one.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while

I was thinking it was supposed to counter the box legendaries, but nothing about its ability nor typing suggest it could take on those two.
I am looking at its eyes, however, and they seem to remind me of Tapu Koko's eyes, so maybe it's meant to take on the Island Guardian deities?

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~

I don't think we'll see Pokémon that Null is "made up of", because I believe it'd be way to dark to actually suggest something specific like "Null's tail is actually a chopped off Magikarp". I know I'd be disturbed a bit, let alone our younger fellow trainers.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Anyone notice new Pokemon at 1:24?

Status
Not open for further replies.