• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
The Japanese site has icons for every Type in its code. It doesn't indicate that those have to be the Starter's Types, especially since those Types don't match the designs of the final Evos.

Also, water isn't inherently feminine, and mercury (named after the greek GOD of the same name) certainly isn't feminine.

Maybe the final evos are every type. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

DSDark

Breeder
Oh the Alchemy theory which has basically zero backing or evidence. Although it is a fun theory

Some of theories I like about it are Magearna being a philosophers stone/vessel for inifinite energy. Also the links like character names and so on are fun to think about. However this is a theory that I'm not sure I want to be true, just not quite my cup of tea.

But the starters being representatives of elements or whatever (sulphur, salt, etc) is just stupid imo. Really stretching there I reckon

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Oh the Alchemy theory which has basically zero backing or evidence. Although it is a fun theory
Well it does have a little evidence. Solgaleo, for one, seems to be a straight forward reference to the Sun eating Lion from alchemy.

Some of theories I like about it are Magearna being a philosophers stone/vessel for inifinite energy. Also the links like character names and so on are fun to think about. However this is a theory that I'm not sure I want to be true, just not quite my cup of tea.

But the starters being representatives of elements or whatever (sulphur, salt, etc) is just silly imo. Really stretching there I reckon

Andyomon00

Seer of Doom

The reference to things like Azoth and the direct inspiration for Solgaleo seem to be a little too on the nose to be happenstance.

Last edited:

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
The Japanese site has icons for every Type in its code. It doesn't indicate that those have to be the Starter's Types, especially since those Types don't match the designs of the final Evos.

Also, water isn't inherently feminine, and mercury (named after the greek GOD of the same name) certainly isn't feminine.

Actually in alchemy it is a goddessand water stand for feminine in alchemy as well. People can mock if they want and they can take an unofficial scan as gold if they want. Point being the only type icons in the bag were what I mentioned, water fighting grass flying and fire ground. At least that came from Nintendo. Sure the scans could be real, but I think its unlikely because of these typings found and the alchemic theme. Just wanted to mention it one last time before Wednesday.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

I wouldn't mind it so much, if it didn't eventually just boil down to "ROWLET IS ROUND SO IT'S SALT" for the starters.

Julia Artemis

Also we are getting something on the 14th. I wonder what that will be my guess is either Mega Evolutions or maybe Power Bonding that was seen in Pokemon XYZ anime. Which seems to be kind of what Totem Pokemon are, but more powerful than even that. Also maybe Alolan forms and a small chance for the starter evos.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Also we are getting something on the 14th. I wonder what that will be my guess is either Mega Evolutions or maybe Power Bonding that was seen in Pokemon XYZ anime. Which seems to be kind of what Totem Pokemon are, but more powerful than even that. Also maybe Alolan forms and a small chance for the starter evos.

I hope we do get a glimpse at the starter evos to hopefully put to rest this leak nonsense. I'm not saying any leak is right or wrong, I'm just over seeing everyone talk about them like they're official. A rule of thumb should be to never feel like anything is confirmed until it is confirmed.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
Maybe the final evos are every type. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So, out of curiosity, what would that work out to for weaknesses and resistances? I'm pretty sure it'll die if it gets anywhere near ice. On the other hand, immunities to psychic, electric, normal, fighting, ghost, and dragon.

Akashin

So, out of curiosity, what would that work out to for weaknesses and resistances? I'm pretty sure it'll die if it gets anywhere near ice. On the other hand, immunities to psychic, electric, normal, fighting, ghost, and dragon.

You missed the immunities to Ground and Poison.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Well, a theoretical Pokemon that was every Type would, fun fact, only be weak to Rock. Other than that it would also have 8 immunities, couldn't be burned, frozen, poisoned (without the aid of Corrosion), or paralyzed, couldn't be trapped, and would not be effected by Leech Seed and spore/powder moves.

CptScorpion

Scrafty Artist
For the final evolutions of the starters, I'm hoping Grass/Flying for Rowlet's (duh), either Fire/Fighting or Fire/Dark for Litten's, and probably either Water/Fairy or Water/Ice for Popplio's.

I'm also interested in what Rockruff's evolution would be like, I hope it'll look like a cool werewolf Pokemon with four different types depending on sub-region.

Status
Not open for further replies.