• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzGirl41

You do realize that all you'd have to do to get the Midday form in Moon is turn your game on before you go to bed and then proceed to level Rockruff up once (assuming it was just about the gain the needed level), right?

I thought that it had to be at noon and midnight IRL to evolve it? Unless I misunderstood the translation. I just hope that it's not literally noon and midnight, otherwise I will have to change my 3DS's clock.

future.newyorker

I thought that it had to be at noon and midnight IRL to evolve it? Unless I misunderstood the translation. I just hope that it's not literally noon and midnight, otherwise I will have to change my 3DS's clock.

Those are just what the forms are called. It evolves wherever its day or night. Not noon or midnight.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

Midday and Midnight are basically just ways to distinguish them name wise. Shouldn't matter what point you evolve them at, just so long as it's during the day or night.

esquilo09

I think its midday form will be either a pure Rock type or a Rock/Steel or Rock/Ground(due to the fact wolves make their nests in holes), while its midnight form is gonna be either Rock/Dark(due to the fact werewolves only show up at nights of full moon) or Rock/Fighting(due to the fact that werewolves has super human strenght)

Last edited:

Dragon Pulse

I was thinking Rock/Steel for the Day form. It kinda fits with the spiky things on its back. Rock/Ground might work too.

Robotnikthedrap

I think its midday form will be either a pure Rock type or a Rock/Steel or Rock/Ground(due to the fact wolves make their nests in holes), while its midnight form is gonna be either Rock/Dark(due to the fact werewolves only show up at nights of full moon) or Rock/Fighting(due to the fact that werewolves has super human strenght)

Ooh, now that is logic that I can appreciate! Well thought out, indeed. I simply hope for anything but plain rock type, as it were.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Lots have already addressed possible typings, but I am wondering more about stats. If I were to guess (assuming the forms have different stats) then most likely Midnight form will have higher Attack while Midday form will have higher Speed.

And given the Rockruff line seems to be getting marketed as the next Lucario I expect its stat total will be similarly high.

Daisukereds

I don't know if this has been considered, but it might be a version-specific evolution..
The main question in the CoroCoro page is "ちがいは世界の!?" = Difference is in the world?

Could the evolutions not have the same type (as in pure Rock or Rock/Something), but differ otherwise, like stat- or moveset-wise? Thinking of Meowstic as a reference...

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Ooh, now that is logic that I can appreciate! Well thought out, indeed. I simply hope for anything but plain rock type, as it were.

I think it was noticed that the night form was seen holding the ghostium z stone or whatever it is called. Personally I think rock/ghost and then rock/normal for day.

PsychoIncarnate

I'm going with Rock/ Ghost for midnight form

It fits with rockruff being shown with the ghost Z-stone that someone mentioned earlier, and apparently it fits with something in Hawaiian mythology

The Kaupe from Hawaiin mythology

"is a malevolent spirit from Hawaii that calls out to people at night to lure them to their deaths. t is said that Kaupe in physical form appears like an enormous man, except he has a canine head and sharp claws"

Aetius

Thinking about it, we still don't know anything about Rockruff's evo's typing.....
I think that for the Midday form Rock/Normal or Rock/Fighting would be ok, while the Midnight one does seem to be looking like a Rock/Ghost Pokèmon.
Honestly, I'd go with either, as they would all be unique typings! :D

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Okay, my opinions on new Pokémon:
Type: Null - Weird. I don't know how to feel about it.
Jangmo-o: Cool. Baby dragon~ We seem to be getting a series of new pokemon with two words in their names: Tapu Koko, Type: Null, Jangmo-o...
Lugarugan: I like it~ Great that there are two forms based on day/night. Kinda reminds me of Espeon and Umbreon.

Cradily17

The new Rockruff evo forms look cool, but I'm a bit perplexed as to why they didn't just make them separate Pokémon. Same with Wishiwashi's School form.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
I'm really hoping the Day Rockruff evo is rock, rock/fighting, rock/psychic, or anything other than normal type. Normal only adds one immunity to Ghost at the cost of a 4x weakness to Fighting. It wouldn't be terrible but sometimes I feel that tacking normal type onto things limits them, especially with Mach Punch everywhere.

Robotnikthedrap

The new Rockruff evo forms look cool, but I'm a bit perplexed as to why they didn't just make them separate Pokémon. Same with Wishiwashi's School form.

Yes, many of us are struggling to accept this whole heartedly, myself included. :) Still, the idea of adaptation is fairly close to what they are implementing, since it only results in new species some of the time. Still, I'd prefer separate pokemon, if only for the fact that it's more consistent with what they have built up for 6 generations, and 20 years, as it were.

For those who missed this link, it goes into detail in regards to the unique forms of adaptation among life on earth: http://nationalgeographic.org/encyclopedia/adaptation/

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So far, we haven't seen any new Dark or Ice-types.

Ironically, we've gotten quite a few Dark and Ice Alolan forms. I do very much hope this isn't a copout for Dark and Ice pokemon. Of course, types have been withheld prior to release before, such as Ghost in Diamond & Pearl and Ground in both Diamond & Pearl and X & Y.

Robotnikthedrap

Ironically, we've gotten quite a few Dark and Ice Alolan forms. I do very much hope this isn't a copout for Dark and Ice pokemon. Of course, types have been withheld prior to release before, such as Ghost in Diamond & Pearl and Ground in both Diamond & Pearl and X & Y.

Well, hasn't every other generation at least added 1 brand new pokemon of each typing? I also expect a new ice type, for the simple fact that there seems to be an island section exclusively relating to ice and snow.

Wadeledge

Till all are One

To be fair though, there was only one non-legendary Ground type in X&Y. They were either going to show Diggersby or not show Diggersby.

Status
Not open for further replies.