• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I, like many others, like both of Rockruff's evolution's forms. They kinda make me want to use it on my team instead of Minior! I like the day form a little bit more.

Lizzard

Master Wannabe
Why there's so many people forgetting that Rockruff is a pure Rock type and are "evolving" it into Normal/[insert type here] ?

That doesn't mean anything though? Z Moves just require the type's attack, not the species' type.

It's still a bit odd why they'd choose the Ghost Z-Crystal though, especially when Rockruff will probably only get Lick and Shadow Claw as Ghost moves at best.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I, like many others, like both of Rockruff's evolution's forms. They kinda make me want to use it on my team instead of Minior! I like the day form a little bit more.

I'm really hoping Minior gets an evo (like Mightior, or something). Should Minior evolve, I'll have Rockruff2Night in one of my version and Minior2 in my other version.
I feel that Normal type would be a primary typing and not a secondary typing should Rockruff2Day gain the Normal typing. I think Rockruff2Day should be Rock/Fighting (another animalian Fighting type would be great), and Rockruff2Night should be Rock/Ghost given that it kind of reminds me of a tear-jerking anime character.

.Aerodactyl.

It's still a bit odd why they'd choose the Ghost Z-Crystal though, especially when Rockruff will probably only get Lick and Shadow Claw as Ghost moves at best.

Just looking at the evolution, I'm starting to think it's not a z-crystal but just his actual body, and it's purple just to distinguish it as the protagonist's rockruff for story purposes.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Just looking at the evolution, I'm starting to think it's not a z-crystal but just his actual body, and it's purple just to distinguish it as the protagonist's rockruff for story purposes.

that'd put a lot of people off imo,no? if they were to introduce these and then randomly have this rockruff just have a pendant on him that looks closely like one of the stones but just not be one?

Janovy

Banned
I assume the different forms will have different stats.

Anyway, I'm leaning towards the werewolf, I just love its malevolent eyes, but the wolf has a neater design overall even if a bit plain.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I assume the different forms will have different stats.

Anyway, I'm leaning towards the werewolf, I just love its malevolent eyes, but the wolf has a neater design overall even if a bit plain.

the animation will definitely help you make up your mind I bet. Thought I was gonna go for day at first, now I'm leaning to night. I need animation to know!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I love Rockruff's evolution. It's about time they let something evolve at day, while also letting it evolve at night instead of making it solely one of those.

Though.... can they just reveal the starter evolutions already?

.Aerodactyl.

that'd put a lot of people off imo,no? if they were to introduce these and then randomly have this rockruff just have a pendant on him that looks closely like one of the stones but just not be one?

Just my thoughts personally. If it is a z-crystal, it's lacking the little picture/symbol in it that would show which type it was. It's day evolution has the spikes on his collar growing out so I just think maybe he doesn't have a z-crystal there. But if he does I won't be surprised either.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
So the day wolf and the werewolf are just different forms of the same Pokemon, but they don't change form?
That's kind of dumb, why not just make them separate Pokemon at that point? Might as well make Silcoon and Cascoon forms of the same Pokemon...

PsychoIncarnate

So the day wolf and the werewolf are just different forms of the same Pokemon, but they don't change form?
That's kind of dumb, why not just make them separate Pokemon at that point? Might as well make Silcoon and Cascoon forms of the same Pokemon...

Or Nidoran and Nidoran the same pokemon

vaporeon89

power of vapor
Regarding how many new Pokémon we're getting this Gen, take this into account:

Both Gen IV and Gen VI introduced 31 brand new evolutionary families (NOT counting evos/pre-evos for older Pokémon or legendaries).

Gen VII already intoduced 30 new families and we're still 2 months and a half shy of release. So I'm pretty sure it's going to be AT LEAST like Gen II, which introduced 45 new families.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
After further review, it seems the only thing about Midnight Lugarugan that really bothers me is its smile, which seems misplaced.

When it covered it with my finger, it looked dope as hell. That smile just ain't right.

Status
Not open for further replies.