• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

porygonfan

You want a great idea for a new Pokemon evolution line? A monkey Pokemon evolving into a hairy Bigfoot Pokemon which then evolves into a human Pokemon. :D

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
It's amazing how a simple change of a pose can help people appreciate a design more. I was kind of iffy on both designs at first, but now that I can see them with open mouths I feel I can give some vague form of an opinion on them.

Midday Form: Its... Expected. It's a puppy into a bigger dog/wolf. That's cool, and it's an interesting design that stands out from the other "canine" Pokemon. It does the job well, so much so that I feel that it's nothing to write home about. A potential signature move is nice I suppose too.

Midnight Form: An interesting change, I'm really liking the burgundy/maroon colour scheme it has. It pulls off the "mad" sort of look very well, giving me a fair few Ripper Roo flashbacks. It seems like an unpredictable wildcard of a Pokemon, and as a big fan of such a character trope I feel that this design stands out a fair bit from the others. The spindly arms were kind of strange to me at first, but I've since grown attached to such an odd quirk. I'm really digging the rocky, external rib cage sort of thing, as well as its hunched over stance. It's actually made me seriously consider using Rockruff, despite my previous disinterest.

(I felt a longer "review" for Midnight was justified, as seemingly it's not getting a signature move in exchange for what I hope is a cool Rock/Ghost typing)

Julia Artemis

So do you think we might finally get Pikipek's evo? I'm actually suprised we haven't see anything of it yet, I mean we got Vikivolt already. Really hoping to see it's evo ad hoping for it being the Steel Talonflame

Everlasting

Everything stays.
So do you think we might finally get Pikipek's evo? I'm actually suprised we haven't see anything of it yet, I mean we got Vikivolt already. Really hoping to see it's evo ad hoping for it being the Steel Talonflame

I truly, truly want to see at least one of Pikipek's evolutions before the game is launched. Did we officially see Fletchinder (and/or Talonflame) before the game's release ? I can't recall.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Midday Lugarugan seems a lot more like a natural evolution to me, whereas Night Lugarugan seems like a corruption of its looks... I think it would have been cool if it'd worked that Lugarugan changed form based on time of day. As in, more true to a werewolf form, where it is Midday Lugarugan during the day but it changes to Night Lugarugan once it's nighttime, with it having a separate moveset.

DSDark

Breeder
okay they seriously can't have a version exclusive evolution. It's got to be that at the time you evolve rockruff in Sun its the other form in Moon. It just doesn't make any sense to have a version exclusive evolution.

Charmander27

Very Melon
okay they seriously can't have a version exclusive evolution. It's got to be that at the time you evolve rockruff in Sun its the other form in Moon. It just doesn't make any sense to have a version exclusive evolution.

What if it's always night in Pokémon Moon and always day in Pokémon Sun, and the clock on your 3DS doesn't matter for these games?

knightwolf09

What if it's always night in Pokémon Moon and always day in Pokémon Sun, and the clock on your 3DS doesn't matter for these games?

Except it's said the games are only 12 hours apart, meaning when it's day in Sun it's night in Moon, and vice versa. Meaning there is a day and night cycle in both games.

BlitzGirl41

I think Night forme Lugarugan is Rock/Fighting.

It would explain why they mention Night Form knows "Counter". But it's kind of sad that they mention a brand-new move for Day Form and a very situational move that's been around for a long time for Night Form. Kind of strange.

Julia Artemis

I truly, truly want to see at least one of Pikipek's evolutions before the game is launched. Did we officially see Fletchinder (and/or Talonflame) before the game's release ? I can't recall.

So it appears that they revealed Talonflame in June of 2013 before Flecthinder, which is odd. So really I feel like we should see the evos of Pikipek soon. Unless they though Vikivolt was the more intersting Pokemon, I guess....

shac

Midday Lugarugan seems a lot more like a natural evolution to me, whereas Night Lugarugan seems like a corruption of its looks... I think it would have been cool if it'd worked that Lugarugan changed form based on time of day. As in, more true to a werewolf form, where it is Midday Lugarugan during the day but it changes to Night Lugarugan once it's nighttime, with it having a separate moveset.

How with that work in meta game? How would VGC players bring in midnight Lugarugan to play with?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
So it appears that they revealed Talonflame in June of 2013 before Flecthinder, which is odd. So really I feel like we should see the evos of Pikipek soon. Unless they though Vikivolt was the more intersting Pokemon, I guess....

I REMEMBER! Yeah we knew Talonflame a little while before the game came out.
I wonder why they did not show Pikipek's evolution yet. It seems a given...

goodpeople25

Talonflame had it's fire type to show off though. Even if pikipeck's evolution isn't normal/flying it isn't special this time. And I don't think the birds wrre ever really a given.

Julia Artemis

I REMEMBER! Yeah we knew Talonflame a little while before the game came out.
I wonder why they did not show Pikipek's evolution yet. It seems a given...

Maybe tomorrow! Hoping for that and of course more Alolan forms. Also would be cool to see some confirmation on whether we'll get new Mega Evolutions. Maybe that's what Crobat, Arcanine, Dragonite, Hypno and Golduck will be getting instead of Alolan forms.

Admittedly I come here to vent a lot and I'm sorry for the negativity but I've been trying in desperation to like rockruffs night evo, but I can't get over the big ploom of hair on his back and the cut tail. Why? Why did they do that? It looks sooooo terrible. 8( Midday looks pretty damn kool tho

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Maybe tomorrow! Hoping for that and of course more Alolan forms. Also would be cool to see some confirmation on whether we'll get new Mega Evolutions. Maybe that's what Crobat, Arcanine, Dragonite, Hypno and Golduck will be getting instead of Alolan forms.

I forgot we expected news on the 14th! :D That brightens up my night. I truly hope we get to see its evolution(s)! I'm such a fan of birds and I want to know if I will end up picking it in my team. I also wanna see if it gains a new type as it evolves. :3

Steelcry

Mew Guardian
Admittedly I come here to vent a lot and I'm sorry for the negativity but I've been trying in desperation to like rockruffs night evo, but I can't get over the big ploom of hair on his back and the cut tail. Why? Why did they do that? It looks sooooo terrible. 8( Midday looks pretty damn kool tho

So I'm not the only one who really dislikes the fact the Midnight Luarugan has no super long lush tail? Honestly, this is the only thing that really bothers me about Moon form...

Also version exclusive evo's? Please no, that would make things more complex then need be! Besides that they will more then likely switch to the evo during day/night in later games so why do version exclusive evo's now?

Wadeledge

Till all are One
There's nothing different about version exclusive evolutions/forms than version exclusive Pokemon. It's the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.