• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
So, Artleaka just came out and said they were giving fake leaks: http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/28525425#q28525425
Surprisingly enough, it seems like some people needed it officially debunked to not believe in that.

Well, I would have said it's the end of an era, but that makes me seem sad to see it go. Not gonna lie I never wanted them to be true, I did like the "purified" Koffing and Grimer, and the Alola Parasect looked pretty rad, but overall I wasn't a big fan of them.
Another thought, I wanna hear you guys' opinion, do you want Drampa to get a prevo, as for me, I'm on the fence, I would like to see Drampa be a kind of rare, wise, standalone Pokémon, but then again, it'd be a bit weird seeing it hatch from an egg, but weirder things have happened, Kangaskhan hatching from an egg with a baby in it's pouch anyone?

Orphalesion

So adding on to the Durant line?

No, a bug/steel termite pokemon not an ant. They might be sometimes called white ants but termites are actually related to cockroaches.
Bug/Steel is a pretty common typing. I suppose the minor fighter could also be Bug/Fighting.

The advantage termites would have over ants from a design point is that while ants of any caste appear pretty similar to each other (the biggest natural variation being winged ants and th eslighlty larger queen) termites of different castes can look very different. Google "Termite Queen" (just not while you are eating) "worker termite" and "soldier termite" and see the difference.

On that topic: another form of the termite mon could be a bug/flying swarming form.

Which reminds me, only three more months till the termites swarm, man I can smell them already -_-

Last edited:

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Im glad to see Beauty is the Moon exclusive beast; I'm not a super huge fan of Absorption. It looks way too bulky; like Pokemon tried to make a version of Bane or Broly and gave it a Mosquito head; it just looks overdone to me lol. I like the simplicity and sleek design of Beauty.

You see my friend, I'm exactly the opposite. I'm very glad that UB absorption is Sun exclusive since I like its design so much more than Beauty. I'm actualy twice as glad because my favorite evo of Lugarugan is in Sun as well. Add that to the fact that I prefer Solgaleo as the legendary and its really looking like I made the right choice off the bat lol

Orphalesion

Well, I would have said it's the end of an era, but that makes me seem sad to see it go. Not gonna lie I never wanted them to be true, I did like the "purified" Koffing and Grimer, and the Alola Parasect looked pretty rad, but overall I wasn't a big fan of them.

Those were the exact reason why I knew (well one of them), and hoped that he was a fake, not even after purle-painted Meowth I expect an Alola form as lazy as brown grimer. A recolour of most unimaginative pokemon design....yay...what next? A grimer of every colour and they become the pokemon equivalent of jell-o?

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
A termite Queen would be marvelous! And now, with different forms being so popular and starting to get widespread we could have a Termite pokemon with different forms to represent the different castes within a termite hive; a huge Bug/Ground Queen Form,a Bug/Steel Minor Soldier form, a Bug/Poison(or Bug/Fire) Mayor Soldier Form and a Bug/Grass worker form...

That would be AMAZING! Please let this happen!

Bus

You see my friend, I'm exactly the opposite. I'm very glad that UB absorption is Sun exclusive since I like its design so much more than Beauty. I'm actualy twice as glad because my favorite evo of Lugarugan is in Sun as well. Add that to the fact that I prefer Solgaleo as the legendary and its really looking like I made the right choice off the bat lol

LOL, thats hilarious! I could honestly say the same thing about Moon so far. I love the look of Moon's Rockruff evo, Wereruff (or whatever his name is; somebody suggested this and its a pretty fitting name); and I really love the design of the Bat legend. Not that i hate the others, I like Sunruff; Solgaleo looks awesome, and Id rather face Detective Meerkat than a fat Raticate as a totem boss any day.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Well, I was hoping the video would clarify on the werewolves, but it's more UBs. *shrug*

I sure hope so. I'd love it to be a three-stage line with a child(or baby)/adult/elder sort of motif, but I dunno if they'd reveal the final stage like that so early. Still, here's hoping it has a cute pre-evo either way!

--

Okay, because I’m a giant loser with nothing better to do (and also have other, more important things that I’d rather procrastinate, har har) I’ve compiled a list of all the new species’ Types that have been revealed so far! (It’s also served as a nice refresher for myself personally.)

Please point out any errors for my tired, tired eyes and my lazy, lazy hands to fix. And I didn't include Alolan forms. If someone wants to C&P to edit them in, be my guest.

5+ revealed:
Normal – Komala, Pikipek, Yungoos, Gumshoos, Drampa, Stufful, Bewear, Type: Null
Fairy – Mimikyu, Comfey, Cutiefly, Morelull, Tapu Koko, Magearna

5 revealed:
Grass – Rowlet, Bounsweet, Fomantis, Lurantis, Morelull
Water – Popplio, Bruxish, Wimpod, Wishiwashi, Pyukumuku
Bug – Grubbin, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Cutiefly, Wimpod
Electric – Charjabug, Vikavolt, Togedemaru, Oricorio, Tapu Koko
Ghost – Mimikyu, Oricorio, Sandygast, Palossand, Lunala

4 revealed:
Ground – Mudbray, Mudsdale, Sandygast, Palossand
Psychic – Bruxish, Oricorio, Solgaleo, Lunala
Fire – Litten, Salandit, Oricorio, Turtonator

3 revealed:
Steel – Togedemaru, Solgaleo, Magearna
Dragon – Drampa, Turtonator, Jangmo-o
Fighting – Stufful, Bewear, Crabrawler
Flying – Pikipek, Minior, Oricorio

2 revealed:
Rock – Rockruff, Minior

1 revealed:
Poison – Salandit

None revealed:
Ice
Dark

Obviously we know the Rockruff2 twins and Cutiefly2 exist but I’ve left them out due to lack of official confirmation on their Types. They would presumably add +1 to Rock (and perhaps another Type(s)), Bug and Fairy. Plus, Oricorio appears five times because of its various Formes.

So far, Poison, Ice and Dark have gotten the short end of the Reveal stick. In addition, Togedemaru is the only non-Legend Steel-type so far.

What else are you all hoping for or expecting?

I'm leaning towards Steel-type evos for both Pikipek and Jangmo-o. Maybe we'll also get some kind of Steel-type ukulele Poke, or is that too on the nose? =P

Getting to see at least one Ice or Dark-type before release would be nice anyway, even if they were awful, just to know that no Type was left behind.
Well, I have a theory about that. But you might not like it. The Alola forms shown so far are mostly Ice and Dark, and some of their dex entries mention that they changed type so as not to compete with the native pokemon. This suggests there may not be any native Ice or Dark pokemon.

Last edited:

Sulfurian

You know, I'm actually quite shocked now that I think about it for who they picked to introduce a gen 7 pokemon. I could see ether wolf forms really in a new movie of some sort, to draw a parallel to the zoroark one.

shac

Another thought, I wanna hear you guys' opinion, do you want Drampa to get a prevo, as for me, I'm on the fence, I would like to see Drampa be a kind of rare, wise, standalone Pokémon, but then again, it'd be a bit weird seeing it hatch from an egg, but weirder things have happened, Kangaskhan hatching from an egg with a baby in it's pouch anyone?

I think I would prefer Drampa to be a standalone Pokémon. He definitely gives me Lapras vibes.

Julia Artemis

You know, I'm actually quite shocked now that I think about it for who they picked to introduce a gen 7 pokemon. I could see ether wolf forms really in a new movie of some sort, to draw a parallel to the zoroark one.

Maybe Mysterious Secret of Rockruff is going to be the next film.

WolfCypher

So far, Poison, Ice and Dark have gotten the short end of the Reveal stick. In addition, Togedemaru is the only non-Legend Steel-type so far.

What else are you all hoping for or expecting?

I'm leaning towards Steel-type evos for both Pikipek and Jangmo-o. Maybe we'll also get some kind of Steel-type ukulele Poke, or is that too on the nose? =P

I'm expecting Rugarugan M'lady...sorry, Midday version to be Rock/Steel.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I'm expecting Rugarugan M'lady...sorry, Midday version to be Rock/Steel.

Yep, Rock/Steel and Rock/Ghost are my guesses for Midday and Midnight, respectively.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Well, I was hoping the video would clarify on the werewolves, but it's more UBs. *shrug*

Well, I have a theory about that. But you might not like it. The Alola forms shown so far are mostly Ice and Dark, and some of their dex entries mention that they changed type so as not to compete with the native pokemon. This suggests there may not be any native Ice or Dark pokemon.

Well if we are going off the chinese leak, there will be a snowman pokemon. I really seriously doubt there will be no native ice or dark alola pokemon.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Well if we are going off the chinese leak, there will be a snowman pokemon. I really seriously doubt there will be no native ice or dark alola pokemon.

It is a tropical region, so a lack of Ice Types is understandable, but that doesn't mean that Game Freak will just skip one type, I just need an Ice Type soon, it is my favourite type after all :))

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It is a tropical region, so a lack of Ice Types is understandable, but that doesn't mean that Game Freak will just skip one type, I just need an Ice Type soon, it is my favourite type after all :))

Well hoenn was tropical too but even it had some ice types. Plus don't forget there is a big snowy mountain in the bottom island.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

This.

Every generation since gen 1 has had at least one new Pokemon of each type. Even 6th gen had one of every type while also introducing a type all in just 70-ish Pokemon.

Anthea

I don't see the need for Alola ice types when we already have Alola forms with ice types. We had a lot of ice types recently, Beatic, crygonal, ice creams, avalugg. Game freak is running out of ideas when it comes to ice types and it is showing. Last I recall the recent ice types were not popular at all...

I mean gf is blessing us with two ice types and two dark types while using already popular and established Pokemon. Do we really need another undesirable like crygonal or liepard?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.