• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Here's a list of all the Pokemon found in that picture:

- Rowlet
- Litten
- Popplio
- Pikipek
- Yungoos
- Grubbin
- Vikavolt
- Cutiefly
- Comfey
- Rockruff
- Salandit
- Bounsweet
- Togedemaru
- Bruxish
- Mudsdale
- Drampa
- Bewear
- Wimpod
- Alolan Exxegutor
- Tauros
- Sharpedo

One of the riders helmet was inspired by Pyukumuku (Tauros rider).
The other helmet (Mudsdale rider) is a Pokemon we've yet to see.

There are tiny white birds flying near the boat/yacht. But I'd assume those are just Wingulls.

There is also a shooting star falling on the upper-left. I'm guessing it's Minior.

hmmm I was thinking it was Grubbin themed, but it doesn't quite match.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I'm happy to see a lot of new abilities that have the potential to be really great, such as Dazzle (hahahahahah Talonflame) but I was wondering about certain evolutions as well, specifically Alola. Not sure if this was mentioned, but hopefully a Pokemon isn't forced to evolve into the Alola form if it has one. Maybe it'll be tied to the area it's found?

Class Zero

We have arrived.
I'm happy to see a lot of new abilities that have the potential to be really great, such as Dazzle (hahahahahah Talonflame) but I was wondering about certain evolutions as well, specifically Alola. Not sure if this was mentioned, but hopefully a Pokemon isn't forced to evolve into the Alola form if it has one. Maybe it'll be tied to the area it's found?

I think the general consensus is that if it has an Alolan Form, and is caught in Alola, then it'll evolve into that Alolan Form without question :D

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
It's been almost a week since Lugarugan's reveal, and I've gotten way too used to the name.

I'm starting to hope its English name remains Lugarugan, 'cause I think I may have a difficult time getting used to a different name at this point.

Last edited:

BlitzGirl41

It's been almost a week since Lugarguan's reveal, and I've gotten way too used to the name.

I'm starting to hope its English name remains Lugarugan, 'cause I think I may have a difficult time getting used to a different name at this point.

I actually hope that it changes (and I rarely ever say that!) because I am having a hard time pronouncing it correctly even in my mind. It's like a tongue-twister for me, personally.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
I think the general consensus is that if it has an Alolan Form, and is caught in Alola, then it'll evolve into that Alolan Form without question :D

I actually hope that isn't the case. What if I want a Fire-Type Ninetails instead (without trading) for a play-through?
TBH I guess if it does end up that way then I'll just live with it. My hype is so real for this Gen.

TyLogic

It's been almost a week since Lugarugan's reveal, and I've gotten way too used to the name.

It took a little time for me to get use to saying Rowlet, Litten and Popplio instead of always calling them "Mokuroh", "Nyabby", and "Ashimari". It's been so long I actually forgot that those were their japanese names. It also took some time to stop saying "Iwanko" and "Nekkoala" instead of Rockruff and Komala. :D

Rockruff's name kind of bugs me. I don't really like names that are pretty much just two words put together, like Scatterbug and Talonflame. Rockruff is much better than those however, IMO.

Bus

I actually hope that isn't the case. What if I want a Fire-Type Ninetails instead (without trading) for a play-through?
TBH I guess if it does end up that way then I'll just live with it. My hype is so real for this Gen.

Does Pokebank count as trading for you? I'd imagine that might be your only option. Or you could pray you can find one for a decent offer on GTS before all pokemon inevitably are somehow worth Legends or Shiny Legends. If it comes down to it, I still have my copy of Alpha Ruby and if you wanted one, i could simply just give you a Vulpix..or an Egg if thats possible that way it hatches with your Trainer ID and doesnt count as a trade (assuming you have the ability to trade and your hope against trading doesnt stem from something else)

Class Zero

We have arrived.

To be honest, with it being a stone-based evolution Vulpix is an interesting one as to whether it would work or not.
For now, and until proven otherwise, I'd still refrain from getting your hopes up but we'll see :D

JackD334

Me and my brother came up with a theory: post Alola games, say gen8, to obtain Alolan forms I can see an NPC from Alola trading you them somewhere late in game.
So he's a traveller looking to find "rare exotic Pokemon forms" (regular ones!)?
That or something similar to the Incense items, so you can alter the babies when breeding? :)

knightwolf09

I just mostly thought pokemon with a certain mark like the pentagon from X and Y would let the game recognize that they're from Alola and thus get Alola forms.

Orphalesion

I bet that in future games you need to use bank/trading to get non-regional Pokémon, save for a few trades NPCs.

We won't get that lucky, I'm afraid after the bad fan reaction towards Unova not including the yellow piss-rat, we won't get a region without old pokemon ever again :-(

Nah, but in all seriousness I think future pokedexes will look more like the Kalos one, which is only sensible, I suppose, there are a ton of pokemon, why not utelize them for more variety in the regions.

Luthor

Looking at the types there seems to be a lot of new types or rarely seen types. That's cool considering it's only some of the pokemon revealed.

Metafogos

To me, will be this:

To ones who evolves to a Regional Form: They can come for every place, but if evolves in Alola, become Alolan form.
To ones who has both forms as Regional Form: Treat them like any pokemon with more then one form, so if is born/got as a regular form, always regular form, even evolving. Got as regional form will be always regional form.
To ones who are breed: The female form will be the form of the offspring

And yes: I think we will became to find regional variation in the others games, in especial the remakes. Both variation and mega forms are the way to GF to put "new pokemons" between generations without put more "number pokemons" without start a new generation. And put some pressure to players buy the remake ones, because can get new "things" in the remake.

Bus

Well, the 20th is almost upon us. What time are we anticipating this info drop?

Also, on a slightly related note, has anyone seen one of the more recent trailers for the movie 'Storks'? Towards the end where a pack of wolves is chasing the protagonists, they declare they will form a submarine to pursue, which I thought was really random. We just had Wishywashy revealed to take on the form of a submarine not too long ago and now a pack of wolves doing the same thing in this movie. I know its just a coincidence, but really, how odd is that that two different companies thought of having a pack of animals form a submarine together so relatively close in release to one another? Just thought it was a funny coincidence.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Well, the 20th is almost upon us. What time are we anticipating this info drop?

Also, on a slightly related note, has anyone seen one of the more recent trailers for the movie 'Storks'? Towards the end where a pack of wolves is chasing the protagonists, they declare they will form a submarine to pursue, which I thought was really random. We just had Wishywashy revealed to take on the form of a submarine not too long ago and now a pack of wolves doing the same thing in this movie. I know its just a coincidence, but really, how odd is that that two different companies thought of having a pack of animals form a submarine together so relatively close in release to one another? Just thought it was a funny coincidence.
I'm expecting Rockruff evo, some more new Pokémon, and some more UB info. I think all of that is reasonably likely.

Also, I saw that Storks trailer as well and thought the same thing! I'm glad I'm not alone on that.

TyLogic

I really hope the end up revealing some Electric-Fire or Electric-Fighting type pokemon. The only Electric types we have so far are Tapu Koko, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Oricorio and Togedemaru. It's more then Kalos but still. Charjabug and Vikavolt are part of the same line so I guess you could count them as one, Tapu Koko is guardian deity pokemon (And if Hala has it I doubt we'd be able to use it soon), and Togedemaru is a regional Pikachu. I don't know how most feel about regional Pikachus but I prefer not to use them (Except Pachirisu). So in terms of Electric-types, it feels like we only have two electric types. I really hope they reveal more.

BlitzGirl41

I really hope the end up revealing some Electric-Fire or Electric-Fighting type pokemon. The only Electric types we have so far are Tapu Koko, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Oricorio and Togedemaru. It's more then Kalos but still. Charjabug and Vikavolt are part of the same line so I guess you could count them as one, Tapu Koko is guardian deity pokemon (And if Hala has it I doubt we'd be able to use it soon), and Togedemaru is a regional Pikachu. I don't know how most feel about regional Pikachus but I prefer not to use them (Except Pachirisu). So in terms of Electric-types, it feels like we only have two electric types. I really hope they reveal more.

I also hope that there are some more Alola (not AlolaN) Electric-types. I also am not that into the Pikachu wannabes, or Pikachu itself. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.