• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I just thought of something that probably isn't likely but want to get out nonetheless: What if Type: Null's "true strength" that'll be shown in CoroCoro involves a Z-Moves? Could be something like "Helmet Smash" where it breaks that power restricting helmet and then uses an insane move. Could even give it a form of him without its helmet after using it.

TyLogic

I just thought of something that probably isn't likely but want to get out nonetheless: What if Type: Null's "true strength" that'll be shown in CoroCoro involves a Z-Moves? Could be something like "Helmet Smash" where it breaks that power restricting helmet and then uses an insane move. Could even give it a form of him without its helmet after using it.

Honestly, if it was that'd be really boring IMO.

Charmander27

Very Melon

Maybe. I could see that being how he removes the helmet, but I'm banking on helmet-less-Type:-Null having STAB bonus on all types of attacks.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Maybe. I could see that being how he removes the helmet, but I'm banking on helmet-less-Type:-Null having STAB bonus on all types of attacks.

So Protean? Or without the actual type change? :D

TyLogic

I think it'd be better than just giving it an ability to smash the helmet off.

It is. Maybe it's just some alternate form without a Z-move. What if both the helmet and no-helmet forms have signature Z-Moves? that'd be cool. Not too cool though... I guess that, what I'd kind of expect from Type:Null, I know I might not get.

Sense it's manmade I'm hoping they'll give it wing attachments so it can fly.

Bus

Because I don't consider the Alolan Forms to be "new" Pokemon. Or at least, people will use the term "Alolan" to reference those past-gen Pokemon who've adapted to Alola.

You may not consider them 'new', but just like with the 'megas' you may have to prepare yourself for a lower pokemon count by not including those.

For all intents and purporses, they are new pokemon, really. I know you dont see it that way, and thats fine, you can see it as you want, but think about it a moment.

With all the reveals given for this gen already between Z moves, Ultra Beasts, new Abilities like Stakeout & Dazzle, and the designs of new pokemon, nobody can deny that they are still plenty creative; Gamefreak has by no means run out of ideas. There may be some designs that you're not partial to, but that doesnt mean 'they've run out'.

Bearing that in mind, take a look now at the Alola forms of pokemon. Given all that they've already come up with, you really think they couldn't have simply designed a brand new pokemon to be Ice/Steel? Or Ice/Fairy? Given what they've shown, it would be simple, but they instead decided it would be a interesting turn to show actual evolution and adaptation by introducing some old pokemon that have come out differently due to the region. For all intents and purposes these ARE brand new pokemon; they're just called by old names thanks to the new concept introduced. If you look at it that way, it should be much easier to accept them as new pokemon. I mean, give credit where credit is due; they have been very creative thus far; you know full well that even if the Alola forms weren't a thing, they probably would have used those typings to create an Ice/Fairy Arctic Fox that would have looked very similar (the snout and number of tails probably would have been the only difference) and an Ice/Steel mammal based on, like, a porcupine or something instead of a shrew.

Last edited:

TyLogic

Do you guys know there is no goose pokemon?

The real question is-Do we even need one?

Answer: No...we...we don't.

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Does Pokebank count as trading for you? I'd imagine that might be your only option. Or you could pray you can find one for a decent offer on GTS before all pokemon inevitably are somehow worth Legends or Shiny Legends. If it comes down to it, I still have my copy of Alpha Ruby and if you wanted one, i could simply just give you a Vulpix..or an Egg if thats possible that way it hatches with your Trainer ID and doesnt count as a trade (assuming you have the ability to trade and your hope against trading doesnt stem from something else)
I do have Pokebank, and thank you for the offer (I do appreciate it). I can actually trade with myself/bank if I have to, it's just that it'll take a bit longer to do IF Alola from evolution is the only thing that occurs. I guess it's just a matter of optimization for me really.

To be honest, with it being a stone-based evolution Vulpix is an interesting one as to whether it would work or not.
For now, and until proven otherwise, I'd still refrain from getting your hopes up but we'll see :D

Yeah In this case I don't think I will. :p But like you said Exeggutor and Vulpix will be interesting. I assume the Alola form would guarantee the evolution, but I wonder about the normal one evolving into (x) form as well. But we'll see. xD

future.newyorker

I do have Pokebank, and thank you for the offer (I do appreciate it). I can actually trade with myself/bank if I have to, it's just that it'll take a bit longer to do IF Alola from evolution is the only thing that occurs. I guess it's just a matter of optimization for me really.

Yeah In this case I don't think I will. :p But like you said Exeggutor and Vulpix will be interesting. I assume the Alola form would guarantee the evolution, but I wonder about the normal one evolving into (x) form as well. But we'll see. xD

I assume a normal Vulpix will still evolve into a normal Ninetales. Otherwise, you would get an Alolan Ninetales with moves it most likely cannot learn. And same for Alolan Vulpix only evolving into an Alolan Ninetales.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Do you guys know there is no goose pokemon?

The real question is-Do we even need one?

Answer: No...we...we don't.
We don't need one, but it would be nice to have one.

TyLogic

We don't need one, but it would be nice to have one.

To cross goose off of the list of "Animals Pokemon Haven't Done Yet", yes it would be nice. But it would probably be extremely similar to a duck pokemon. Maybe it'd evolve from a duck pokemon. Ducklett evolves into Swanna.
Actually the goose will probably look similar to swanna. I can picture fans complaining because it reminds the of Swanna (In body shape, maybe not color), like how some don't like Midnight Lugarugan because it reminds them of Zoroark.
Bounsweet reminds me of Cherubi. They even have the same ability I think. But I don't mind. :D

Dialga101010

Dragon Trainer
Yes, yes he is. Why are we talking about a goose Pokémon? It's so random, lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I personally don't need another farfetch'd Pokémon (pun intended). What Hawai'i themed Pokémon could they go for that they haven't announced/made? I want to see a water themed Pokémon. Not a water type but like an actual Pokémon made of water or something. Maybe one that's surfing or wave themed. My favorite thing to do in Hawai'i is swimming so I'm biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.