• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXD17

Draco rex
To cross goose off of the list of "Animals Pokemon Haven't Done Yet", yes it would be nice. But it would probably be extremely similar to a duck pokemon. Maybe it'd evolve from a duck pokemon. Ducklett evolves into Swanna.
Actually the goose will probably look similar to swanna. I can picture fans complaining because it reminds the of Swanna (In body shape, maybe not color), like how some don't like Midnight Lugarugan because it reminds them of Zoroark.
Bounsweet reminds me of Cherubi. They even have the same ability I think. But I don't mind. :D

You can make it special...not like white and generic...I mean Hawaii's state bird is a goose after all...make it ground/ normal or something...or ground/steel and base it off the goose that lays golden eggs...there are plenty of ways to make a goose stand out...

TyLogic

Yes, yes he is. Why are we talking about a goose Pokémon? It's so random, lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I personally don't need another farfetch'd Pokémon (pun intended). What Hawai'i themed Pokémon could they go for that they haven't announced/made? I want to see a water themed Pokémon. Not a water type but like an actual Pokémon made of water or something. Maybe one that's surfing or wave themed. My favorite thing to do in Hawai'i is swimming so I'm biased.

Well there is alolan Raichu, who is based on a surfer. But I don't know really. The list of "Animals Pokemon Haven't Done Yet" is getting smaller.
OOOOOH, I KNOW!! A sea angel! It's so perfect for a pokemon. I think they are slugs actually. And they're supposed to be really small. It could be a Ghost-Water, Ghost-Fairy, or Water-Fairy type! With a cool ability called "Transparency"! (I hope that doesn't already exist) It doesn't need to evolve because Wangel (That's its name. Wave. Wing. Angel. Makes sense right?) is already perfect! But if it did It's evolution would definitely be cool too. I'm so creative!!!

I'm so hype right now. GF I NEED THIS!! XD

Last edited:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Well there is alolan Raichu, who is based on a surfer. But I don't know really. The list of "Animals Pokemon Haven't Done Yet" is getting smaller.
OOOOOH, I KNOW!! A sea angel! It's so perfect for a pokemon. I think they are slugs actually. And they're supposed to be really small. It could be a Ghost-Water, Ghost-Fairy, or Water-Fairy type! With a cool ability called "Transparency"! (I hope that doesn't already exist) It doesn't need to evolve because Wangel (That's its name. Wave. Angel. Makes sense right?) is already perfect! But if it did It's evolution would definitely be cool two. I'm so creative!!!

I'm so hype right now. GF I NEED THIS!! XD

We already have a sea angel, technically two: Manaphy and Phione.

TyLogic

We already have a sea angel, technically two: Manaphy and Phione.

Really? They don't look like sea angels. Are you sure? Is it on Bulbapedia? Even if it is I'd still take a more realistic sea angel. That'd be cool right?

But if not a sea angel then...A LIGHT BULB!! I can totally see GF doing this. It could be pure Electric, Electric-Normal, or Electric-Psychic. Though GF
will probably make it Electric-Dragon... Or just Dragon.

R_N

Really? They don't look like sea angels. Are you sure? Is it on Bulbapedia? Even if it is I'd still take a more realistic sea angel. That'd be cool right?

But if not a sea angel then...A LIGHT BULB!! I can totally see GF doing this. It could be pure Electric, Electric-Normal, or Electric-Psychic. Though GF

They look like heavily stylized sea angels and Phione is named after the clione

TyLogic

They look like heavily stylized sea angels and Phione is named after the clione

Awwww... I really thought I was on to something there. Looks like no Ghost-Fairy-Transparency Wangel for me...
They could still make one though... I hope... :(

lunis the ogre

Ogre of the gourd

I always seen rotom as a lightbulb-ish pokemon.

Orphalesion

There already is a kind of manatee/narwhal hybrid:
250px-087Dewgong.png

1)Dewgong doesn't even come close to either a manatee or a narwhal (much less a combination of the two) and if you think so, you have never seen either of those animals.
2) "there is already a pokmn!!!1!!one" isn't an argument when we have butterflies, cats, dogs and foxes by the tuckload, so try again.
3)Dewgong is poop, competitively.
4)It's one of the most boring pokemon designs to ever have existed.

Last edited:

DFang

27yr old Pokefan
Starting to worry that today's direct is going to reveal Lugarugan English names and Volcanion distribution only. That would blow serious chunks.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I'm still waiting for my cockroach, marmoset and anteater (that actually looks like a giant anteater. Heatmor was probably the biggest let down in my pokémon history), but I would prefer them in another generation. There is no room for them in my Sun team.

1)Dewgong doesn't even come close to either a manatee or a narwhal (much less a combination of the two) and if you think so, you have never seen either of those animals.
2) "there is already a pokmn!!!1!!one" isn't an argument when we have butterflies, cats, dogs and foxes by the tuckload, so try again.
3)Dewgong is poop, competitively.
4)It's one of the most boring pokemon designs to ever have existed.
Now this was unnecessarily rude.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Passmian and Oranguru are both pretty neat. It's nice to finally see some true new version exclusives, other than the legendaries of course. I still like Lycanroc's midday form better.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Lycanroc. Amazing name.

Love Passimian already. He is a Sun exclusive, so one more reason for me to go for this one. I think it is almost set I will go with Sun.
Oranguru looks great too and that new move that allow the other pokémon to move twice in the same turn is just too much.

Obh

A little disappointed in Lycanroc Midnights typing but leaning heavily towards sun and Passimian only added to that. Rock/Ghost would have been really cool though.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Love the new Monkey Pokemon. the names are going to have to grow on me but I am sure they will. So that is the Rugby Monkey. They have interesting abilities though only for double battles but I guess that is their thing where they are strong.

Lycanroc sounds like a cool name but its hard to say. Surprising they were still both Pure Rock. Was expecting Dark/Rock for the Midnight form. so far so good. Pokemon Sun and Moon are definitely going to be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.