• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I gotta say that, I absolutely love that they seem to be taking a more competitive side on the abilities and attacks on these new mons. The designs are quite nice as well, but honestly, as a competitive player I like using pretty much anything, even if its design isn't my favorite.

sheld999

So I'm really wondering if there will be a Toucan Pokemon. The design on the one girl's shirt during the trailer really makes it seem like that will be the case. Also if this happens what typing will it be? I guess Normal/Flying though something else like fairy or dark would be really cool. All in all hope we do get a Toucan I really want this game to feel really tropical and have more exotic looking Pokemon.

it be awesome tho why would they do a normal animal ?

other shirts showed alolan forms etc

TyLogic

I'm also wondering if Pikipek evolves into the Toucan. I can sort of see this happening though unsure I want it to happen.

I hope Pikipek doesn't become Grass-Flying. That'd be a major type clash for anyone who wants to choose Rowlet.

HydroBR

Any speculation about Jangmo-o evolution's typing and appearance? Its appearance and abilities make me think it'll have some kind of plating (maybe the yellow part grows bigger and covers a bigger part of the body) and it becomes part steel. Hopefully, 2 evolutions.

It could be kinda like Haxorus, a 3-staged Dragon line, available kinda early in the game, and similar stats, maybe slower and lower attack, but bulkier on the physical side.

However, it strikes me as a strong candidate to the region's pseudo legend, which I hope doesn't happen.
First because we don't need another Dragon-type getting the title.
Second because it should go to something more related to the region I guess (again, not dragon. Grass would be awesome for once, but I can see them making it water).
Third, I don't like using pseudo legends, or legendaries for that matter, the game is easy enough without that, and I like a little bit of a challenge
Also, they take forever to evolve, and usually show up only late in the game.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Any speculation about Jangmo-o evolution's typing and appearance? Its appearance and abilities make me think it'll have some kind of plating (maybe the yellow part grows bigger and covers a bigger part of the body) and it becomes part steel. Hopefully, 2 evolutions.

It could be kinda like Haxorus, a 3-staged Dragon line, available kinda early in the game, and similar stats, maybe slower and lower attack, but bulkier on the physical side.

Jangmo-o has the pride of a warrior, although it remains humble about its capabilities. In its pursuit to become stronger, it never neglects its training

^That description for Jangmo-o actually has me thinking it could eventually end up as a dual Dragon/Fighting type. I think might be similar to Haxorus too, strong stats- but not pseudo

TyLogic

Jangmo-o has the pride of a warrior, although it remains humble about its capabilities. In its pursuit to become stronger, it never neglects its training

^That description for Jangmo-o actually has me thinking it could eventually end up as a dual Dragon/Fighting type. I think might be similar to Haxorus too, strong stats- but not pseudo

If it does become Dragon-Fighting let's hope they make some cool Fighting-type moves for it. I can't imagine it learning good moves of that type if it remains quadrepedal. (I hope it stays a quadreped)

wunderkind

I hope Pikipek doesn't become Grass-Flying. That'd be a major type clash for anyone who wants to choose Rowlet.

I really can't see Pikipek becoming Grass. I could see Fletchling becoming a Fire-type, but nothing about Pikipek's design strikes me as a potential Grass-type. I feel like the only evidence is its flavor text referencing Bullet Seed, but that doesn't mean much, since like half of all Skill Link users learn it.

Personally, I could see it going for a drill theme, giving it either Steel or possibly Ground (b/c of Drill Run).

kawaiiconcept

TOP OF THE MORNIN'
yeah I prefer quadraped pokemon
I think they are waiting to do something fletchling~ish with pikipek
start cute then get SUPER EPIC
Im personally hoping for:
~over 100 new pokemon(counting ones we already know of)
-z moves acting as mega evolutions
-a split evolution line for all the starters
-something pokemon has never done before that they are waiting till the game comes out and will only be revealled in game

Sakuraba

To be fair, they already clash. You don't need both in a team, since Pikipek doesn't add anything besides an immunity to Ghost. (Which can be done with any normal-type.)

But it could just stay Normal/Flying and become the second coming of Staraptor.

For Jangmo-o.... I'll bet you anything he's the Pseudo for the region. And I kid you not, I called Goomy as the Kalos pseudo when it was leaked.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Cutty

Forever now
I'm fine w/ Pikipek's evolution being just Normal/Flying or Normal/Dark.

I hope we get the reveals of new more Dark & Steel mons next.

Orphalesion

I hope not... way to much Normal/Flying until now...

Word! We don't need a "second coming of Staraptor" they can just put Staraptor in the game. Especially if its true that we get less pokemon in each generation now, they should be less repetitive with the new ones. The Youngoose line, the Formantis line and Pikipek and Bounsweet (if those don't evolve into something more unique) seem pretty redundant right now., Todgedemaru as well since we already have a ton of Pika-Clones.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
I'm hoping Steel/Flying
I am leaning very heavily towards the Steel/Flying side. It seems like the perfect type for a woodpecker-meets-drill Pokemon. And its conical beak seems to be heading that way already.

I know artleaka is pretty much confirmed fake now (his Lycanroc was all wrong), but his idea that Pikipek progresses from woodpecker to hornbill with a kind of cavalier theme with their crests is something I really hope we see in Pikipek's line. Hornbills excavate nests in tree trunks too, so while they're not closely related, they're a natural thing to link to woodpeckers in a thematic sense. ALSO, some hornbills have a mutualistic relationship with mongooses where they hunt together and warn each other of danger, and we already know Yungoos and Pikipek are found on the same route.

Also, I want a Caterbird in Pokemon, goddammit.

Last edited:

BlitzGirl41

Word! We don't need a "second coming of Staraptor" they can just put Staraptor in the game. Especially if its true that we get less pokemon in each generation now, they should be less repetitive with the new ones. The Youngoose line, the Formantis line and Pikipek and Bounsweet (if those don't evolve into something more unique) seem pretty redundant right now., Todgedemaru as well since we already have a ton of Pika-Clones.

Why point out Staraptor? Remember Pidgeot, Fearow, Noctowl, Chatot, and Unfezant (which is in the gen after Staraptor, so Staraptor was not the last Normal/Flying Pokemon we had)? All Normal/Flying Pokemon that were obtained at the beginning of their respective games. Talonflame was just a new twist on the starting bird Pokemon theme. You can catch Pikipek and choose not to use it, of course.

TyLogic

Pikipek is just a pokemon I'd use to get a good start on my team as is Yungoos. That being said I don't really plan on keeping either for long and will probably replace it with the first good Flying-type I find (Oricorio and Minior). But maybe it's type will set things right for me soo... I can only see it with Steel-Flying. And because of it's ability I hope they make a new multi-hit pecking move! I know Fury Attack would work but I want this move to be Flying type. :D

scififan21

I think we only have Skarmory with that typing correct? I would love another steel/flying type Pokemon. Though I'm still waiting and hoping for some Dark type reveals it's one of my favorite types after all. I do hope we get a dolphin Pokemon and I'll have a more appealing water type for my team besides Wishiwashi.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.