• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

So, I'm not usually the type to speculate on base stats, butttt I've had some BST predictions for Lycanroc (both forms) and Crabrawler that I really want to get out:

Crabrawler:

HP- 75
Attack- 115
Sp. Attack- 60
Defense- 80
Sp. Defense- 70
Speed- 105
Total- 505

Lycanroc (Midday):

HP- 70
Attack- 110
Sp. Attack- 80
Defense- 80
Sp. Defense- 70
Speed- 115
Total- 525

Lycanroc (Midnight):

HP- 70
Attack- 110
Sp. Attack- 80
Defense- 100
Sp. Defense- 90
Speed- 75
Total- 525

Thoughts?

Lycanroc seems reasonable, in line with Lucario & Zoroark whom I'm pretty sure they're trying to pus the rockruff line as the next gen 6 face.

Crabrawler feels like it will be more in the upper 400s rather than 500. More Sawk, Throh, Hitmons and less Heracross & Hawlucha. No specific reason, just the vibe I get.
Regardless I don't see its speed breaking 100. Crabrawler looks like a slow bruiser, not a sweeper. The movements aren't very fast, it's a thick pokemon, nothing in its information suggests a fast pokemon & coconut crabs aren't especially fast (to my knowledge)
I think a slower pokemon with more defenses (or HP) makes more sense, even if that is kind of cliche for a fighting type. Its got nice meaty claws to defend itself and a boxer...probably...wants to be able to take hits. Even Little Mac can take a beating.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Lycanroc seems reasonable, in line with Lucario & Zoroark whom I'm pretty sure they're trying to pus the rockruff line as the next gen 6 face.

Crabrawler feels like it will be more in the upper 400s rather than 500. More Sawk, Throh, Hitmons and less Heracross & Hawlucha. No specific reason, just the vibe I get.
Regardless I don't see its speed breaking 100. Crabrawler looks like a slow bruiser, not a sweeper. The movements aren't very fast, it's a thick pokemon, nothing in its information suggests a fast pokemon & coconut crabs aren't especially fast (to my knowledge)
I think a slower pokemon with more defenses (or HP) makes more sense, even if that is kind of cliche for a fighting type. Its got nice meaty claws to defend itself and a boxer...probably...wants to be able to take hits. Even Little Mac can take a beating.
Ah, I see, I thought coconut crabs were fast. But... I'm not sure I agree about the defenses part. It's pretty light, so I don't think it'd be able to take hits too well.

R_N

Ah, I see, I thought coconut crabs were fast. But... I'm not sure I agree about the defenses part. It's pretty light, so I don't think it'd be able to take hits too well.

it is light, but the guy is set up bulky, he's carrying a shiner, they block moves with their big thick claws, i could see it being defensive.

Wormadamn's about the same weight and it breaks 90 defense as Steel and 105 defense as Ground. Krabby has 90.
Besides if stunfisk can have a lot of base HP (106) for some reason I don't see any Crabrawler couldn't. Base HP might work better, maybe?

WolfCypher

I doubt Crabawler is a single-stage or fully evolved Pokémon; I see Crabrawler's final evo having ATT in the same league as Machamp myself (130)

R_N

I doubt Crabawler is a single-stage or fully evolved Pokémon; I see Crabrawler's final evo having ATT in the same league as Machamp myself (130)

I'd be willing to agree if its reveal trailer was not at the VGCs showing it taking down all of the top VGC pokemon

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but the most recent trailer actually showed Passimian with two different markings on their arms. The static Passimian image had two leaf markings that were roughly the same size, while the Passimian in the gameplay footage had leaf markings of different sizes, with the top leaf marking being much smaller.

The pokemon website mentions that the leader of the Passimian pack actually determines what marking each Passimian will use on their arm, so maybe each Passimian we encounter would have their own unique marking? Or maybe there are only a few select types of markings and you can tell what ranking they have in their troop by their markings.

It would be so awesome to have an encounter with a Passimian and realize that it was the alpha of its troop!

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
passimian is 100% favorite fighting type for me. Crabrawler seemed pretty basic to me, never planned to use it

I'm not a huge fan of Crabrawler myself, but it seemed decent enough a few weeks ago, so it was on my Sun team wish list. If Crabrawler was half water type in addition to fighting, I'd still want to use one. But now I'm not as interested. ^^;

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Lycanroc (Midday):

HP- 70
Attack- 110
Defense- 80
Sp. Attack- 80
Sp. Defense- 70
Speed- 115
Total- 525

Lycanroc (Midnight):

HP- 70
Attack- 110
Defense- 100
Sp. Attack- 80
Sp. Defense- 90
Speed- 75
Total- 525

Thoughts?

I think I'd do it this way:

Lycanroc (Midday Form)

HP: 85
Attack: 60
Defense: 75
Sp. Attack: 90
Sp. Defense: 75
Speed: 110
Total: 495

Lycanroc (Midnight Form)

Attack: 110
Defense: 60
Sp. Attack: 75
Sp. Defense: 90
Speed: 75

WolfCypher

I'd be willing to agree if its reveal trailer was not at the VGCs showing it taking down all of the top VGC pokemon

I just saw this video you spoke of, I dunno why thats not on the official Sun Moon site...well, its giving me Hawlucha vibes.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

Lycanroc (Midday Form)

Lycanroc (Midnight Form)

I could see that as well, but I think their BST would be higher, at least to 510.

LoveMcQueen5683

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but the most recent trailer actually showed Passimian with two different markings on their arms. The static Passimian image had two leaf markings that were roughly the same size, while the Passimian in the gameplay footage had leaf markings of different sizes, with the top leaf marking being much smaller.

The pokemon website mentions that the leader of the Passimian pack actually determines what marking each Passimian will use on their arm, so maybe each Passimian we encounter would have their own unique marking? Or maybe there are only a few select types of markings and you can tell what ranking they have in their troop by their markings.

It would be so awesome to have an encounter with a Passimian and realize that it was the alpha of its troop!

Sounds like Pumpkaboo all over again

Blaizey

I watch Lycanroc (I don't remember "falling" for a pokemon as I have for it's midnight form before but I have already decided I am getting Sun) and I see a great missed opportunity.
The two forms should 've been one pokemon: One Lycanroc that tranforms during the night.
Instead they went full exclusive politics on it. How typical of you, GameFreak.

Having a form change by the time of day wouldn't work because it would mess up how people can use it for competitive and such

Wadeledge

Till all are One

Lycanroc (Midday Form)

Lycanroc (Midnight Form)

I can't see the Midday form's attack being that low, let alone lower than it's special attack.

TyLogic

It would be cool to have another Spinda! No two Passimian would have the same markings!

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Lycanroc day form:

HP-70
Atk-120
Def-100
SpAtk-50
SpDef-60
Spd-125

And the night form:

HP-70
Atk-120
Def-140
SpAtk-50
SpDef-60
Spd-85

Last edited:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Lycanroc day form:

HP-70
Atk-120
Def-100
SpAtk-50
SpDef-60
Spd-125

And the night form:

HP-70
Atk-120
Def-140
SpAtk-50
SpDef-60
Spd-85

Lycanroc-MN couldn't have that much Defense. if it did, Arcanine wouldn't have done as much as it did with Outrage in the Japanese trailer.

You see, it would take (assuming no EV investment) an Arcanine with an Attack IV of 31 and Attack boosting Nature scoring a crit outrage (max roll, too) on a Lycanroc with a Defense lowering Nature and a Defense IV of 0 to score the type of damage seen in the trailer, and we know it wasn't a crit.

It's Physical bulk is actually pretty bad, looking to being in the Zoroark to Lucario Range.

LinksOcarina

The true master
Lycanroc-MN couldn't have that much Defense. if it did, Arcanine wouldn't have done as much as it did with Outrage in the Japanese trailer.

You see, it would take (assuming no EV investment) an Arcanine with an Attack IV of 31 and Attack boosting Nature scoring a crit outrage (max roll, too) on a Lycanroc with a Defense lowering Nature and a Defense IV of 0 to score the type of damage seen in the trailer, and we know it wasn't a crit.

It's Physical bulk is actually pretty bad, looking to being in the Zoroark to Lucario Range.

Possibly, but with counter being it's sort of signature move at the moment, that would imply it has sustainability in some form thematically to use counter for a massive hit. If it has frail defenses it might ruin it's viability.

It also implies a high attack stat, so i'm betting over 125 there at least for Lycanroc Midnight. Maybe decent HP as well, who knows.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
IIRC, someone calculated the stats of Lycanroc using the damage calculations from the trailers and assuming they had 0 IVs and natures.

-Based on the damage output Midday did on Aerodactyl (around 45-50%), he assumed that with Accelrock being 40bp, it had around 105 base attack.
-It outsped Cloyster using Ice Shard using AccelRock, meaning it's at least faster then base 70.
-Midnight took 60% damage from Arcanine's Outrage, which would put its bulk around 75/75 in HP and Defense.

So if that guess is correct, then Midday has a good attack and at least semi-decent speed (more then likely great speed due to the flavor text) and Midnight has meh bulk. Hopefully Midnight gets something to supplement that meh bulk though.

R_N

IIRC, someone calculated the stats of Lycanroc using the damage calculations from the trailers and assuming they had 0 IVs and natures.

-Based on the damage output Midday did on Aerodactyl (around 45-50%), he assumed that with Accelrock being 40bp, it had around 105 base attack.
-It outsped Cloyster using Ice Shard using AccelRock, meaning it's at least faster then base 70.
-Midnight took 60% damage from Arcanine's Outrage, which would put its bulk around 75/75 in HP and Defense.

So if that guess is correct, then Midday has a good attack and at least semi-decent speed (more then likely great speed due to the flavor text) and Midnight has meh bulk. Hopefully Midnight gets something to supplement that meh bulk though.

If that's really the bulk outlook on Midnight, then I'm willing to guess that these things actually do have the same stats and just different movepools (& ability).

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Possibly, but with counter being it's sort of signature move at the moment, that would imply it has sustainability in some form thematically to use counter for a massive hit. If it has frail defenses it might ruin it's viability.

It also implies a high attack stat, so i'm betting over 125 there at least for Lycanroc Midnight. Maybe decent HP as well, who knows.

I don't think so. I think Counter was just shown off to exemplify its stated fighting style, but it won't be a moves it ever bothers using.

Plenty of Pokemon are shown during pre-release that focus on certain moves and Abilities, despite them not making use of them. For example, Bunnelby was stated to learn Dig, and the X & Y site focused heavily on it, but it's not like Dig was its best move or something that Diggersby needed to use well to ensure viability.

I think that showing off Counter and mentioning its fighting style is just how GF/TPCI is choosing to hint at it having higher Attack and lower Speed (as well as possibly indicating that it has access to Fighting moves that its Midday Form can't learn).

Status
Not open for further replies.